Relaxed's 2014 Outdoor Medical Grow

Some grey mold is almost impossible to dosge this time of the year, even if your plants are extta hardy. Important thing is that u cut it out straight away and keep an eye on more infections. Well, it seems that you have things pretty nuch under control, so let's smoke one :joint:

IMG_37879.JPG

IMG_37964.JPG

Even your Teddy-sized mistakes look good.
:thanks::circle-of-love:

You have a particularly fine looking set of plants there, Lester, all luminous and vibrant - very nice! :thumb:

I only have the one reveg experience with my SLH, but I regretted not doing some site pruning. It was fascinating watching it manage all those shoots and bud sites, and it did fill them all out, but it would have been better to have plucked a bunch of 'em off before it got too far into bloom.

Of course, Reg would be our resident reveg aficionada. ;) :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yeah this is my first full blown revegetation experience, now that I know how effective it is with my force flowering, I will definitely be grooming all my initially harvested force flower plants for revegetation, I'm sure it's gonna work, especially for flowers harvested in June/July. Was really neat seeing it grow back like that, it's one of the things that distinguishes plants from all other forms of life (except maybe the sea star/sea cucumbers). Limb regeneration is a rare thing!

Thanks for the kind words GT, the vegging plants under the CFLs love their soil, and they loved the D&S Step 2 I gave them a couple weeks back. Really helped deliver the nitrogen and trace elements quickly. :surf: :ciao:

Aloha Great Update Brotha :high-five:

Mahalo brotha and a great Friday to Ya :thumb:

Some grey mold is almost impossible to dosge this time of the year, even if your plants are extta hardy. Important thing is that u cut it out straight away and keep an eye on more infections. Well, it seems that you have things pretty nuch under control, so let's smoke one :joint:
:passitleft: :volcano-smiley:

Even your Teddy-sized mistakes look good.
:thanks::circle-of-love:

I knew you would get a kick out of that. How's that for small? :) Well... now you know how it will look like if you top too early and just let it go into flower. Live 'n learn :)

I'm off to drop some Swiss Cheese beans and puff some Zilla, Over and Out. :volcano-smiley:

:)

Thanks Bill. I am hoping she will put out more than just some buds :) LOL. Squeezing one in here. :surf:

And the Bud on a stick has bulked up a lot. Should put on a lot of the frost in the last weeks here. :cheer:

Good morning weed Lester. Getting a little up close and personal with the reveg are we. :laughtwo::rofl::laughtwo::rofl: It's Freetheweed day buddy so we know what to do. :volcano-smiley::high-five::volcano-smiley::cheer::volcano-smiley::circle-of-love::volcano-smiley:

Good morning weed Lester. Getting a little up close and personal with the reveg are we. :laughtwo::rofl::laughtwo::rofl: It's Freetheweed day buddy so we know what to do. :volcano-smiley::high-five::volcano-smiley::cheer::volcano-smiley::circle-of-love::volcano-smiley:

Good Mornings Herb brotha, I'll puff one or two with ya :volcano-smiley: :volcano-smiley:

Cool and cloudy here this morning, which is the perfect time to work in the yard for a bit. :surf:

Happy Friedday Lester! Thanks for the update and for re-sharing some older pics too. Loved'em all!:)

:thanks:

Thanks for the kind feedback! :Namaste: :ciao:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few garden notes for the ol' journal:

Just got done tying down Zilla's Sister. I don't mean to ride my own bike but this plant should look really nice in flower, and I mean really nice. I tied down the branches in order to "open her up - spread her wings a little bit". To be honest, I think my favorite part about the growing cycle is the LST right before hard flower. You really maximize your yield, and as you could see from Zilla herself. If you have a very long limb with a lot of branching, if you can horizontally LST it according to the Sunlight pattern, ie: Sun rises in the East, so you trellis it backward towards the West, and those branches will each become large colas.

Anyway, things are looking wicked. After her tie downs, I was tempted to take more pics, but I will wait. She looks A LOT bigger. I am surprised how massive she is. With the cool and cloudy weather this morning, it was the perfect time to spray a little SNS-604B/SNS-311. There is nothing like a nice sea kelp mist to make them feel right at home on the Ocean. And the 311 is supposed to reduce any "oxidative stress" that comes from my LST and popcorn pruning that I did in the bottom canopy. What I can say for certainty is the KC-45 is really really strong and hardy. When its cool/cloudy and foggy, she just acts like it's perfectly fine. All perked up. I remember from the winter grow, when I harvested the first two phenotypes, we had a rain storm, and I had 2 of them flowering out in the "wildneress" - not in the tent. They stood tall, all perked up throughout the storm/night. Remarkable.

So with Zilla's sister, there is obviously going to be quite a bit of popcorn, which is isn't a problem. But there should also be some decent sized colas. I should not be doing a TON of pruning of "popcorn buds" at the time of the pre-"hard flower" LST stage because once you open them up with LST, you need to give those sites a chance to produce something! :morenutes: This plant is absolutely going to look what I envisioned it would in the first place. This plant was originally born in early February, same time as sister Zilla, she was also put in one of those cheap SCROG screens from Home D. When I force flowered it initially I thought it looked really cool, nice and symmetrical. But the reveg. has developed the plant into what I originally envisioned it would turn into. So happy its looking like I am gonna get the bang for my buck, times two. She is scheduled for another transition tea on Monday, I know she's gonna LOVE it. She has a nice stink to her, Go baby Go! :circle-of-love:

Well I noticed that Doggett & Simpson are no longer a part of the contest prize packages, and I don't know if they're still a sponsor.

What I can say about their products is that the Step 1 and Step 2 are really really useful and they are good products. My only pitfall with the line-up is the Step 3. It's a big issue because the stuff does not have a great solubility in water, so what happens is you have a bunch of salt particles floating around, and these particles build up in the soil and burn your leaf tips, especially if you have other nutrients in your soil. So I have found in my experience that using their 1 tbs per gallon of water everytime you water is not a good recommendation. I don't like using it because I know I'll have to flush a ton at some point, and that can be difficult sometimes, but I'm still in stages of experimenting with the Step 3. I just don't like to use it because I almost immediately see burned leaf tips. I suppose my soil is just a little too hot. But then again, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see particles of undissolved salt in the solution. If it had a better solubility, it wouldn't just sit around in the root zone, accumulating.

End of general thought section

Aw that's too bad they're not in the prize pack anymore.. I was hoping one day I would win and get to try those out :eek: oh well.

Enjoyed the general thoughts as usual Lester :) Good afternoon's weed to you this Freetheweed day! :volcano-smiley:

P.S. Once again, you have no idea how glad I am you turned me onto the EQ Arizer hahahaha. You're my 420 hero! :love:

Aw that's too bad they're not in the prize pack anymore.. I was hoping one day I would win and get to try those out :eek: oh well.

Enjoyed the general thoughts as usual Lester :) Good afternoon's weed to you this Freetheweed day! :volcano-smiley:

P.S. Once again, you have no idea how glad I am you turned me onto the EQ Arizer hahahaha. You're my 420 hero! :love:

I am so glad to hear that! I am definitely so happy that I was able to quit smoking because of it. It really was one of the best purchases I ever made! :volcano-smiley: :high-five:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extended Update; A few notes before I post the pics, you can already see the LST-bounce-back progression since I adjusted her strings early this morning. It's been ~4 hours. And that super dank looking nug in the eye candy is the Swiss Cheese (very first nug is KC), radical stuff I'm telling you! :circle-of-love:

IMG_38014.JPG
IMG_38022.JPG
IMG_38037.JPG
IMG_38047.JPG
IMG_38053.JPG
IMG_38063.JPG
IMG_38084.JPG
IMG_38092.JPG
IMG_38205.JPG
IMG_38227.JPG
IMG_38238.JPG
IMG_38247.JPG

:Namaste:

OK, so this has turned into a Masterclass that is also tremendously entertaining. You should know, RL, that notes are being taken. :cheesygrinsmiley: Please do give general notes anytime you feel like it. :love:

Thank you very much for this journal. (That's enough flattery, Ed.)
:circle-of-love:

Um, sorry to post again, but I've been re-re-reading your notes and I must agree about kelp spray. The one I found over here, and was advised by PeeJay to use as a foliar spray (AND he told me exactly HOW, bless him), has I'm sure been key in keeping my Frisian Dew so wonderfully green and healthy. Only one yellowed leaf all through vegging. Which, as you know, for me is something of a triumph. :laughtwo:

OK, so this has turned into a Masterclass that is also tremendously entertaining. You should know, RL, that notes are being taken. :cheesygrinsmiley: Please do give general notes anytime you feel like it. :love:

Thank you very much for this journal. (That's enough flattery, Ed.)
:circle-of-love:

Um, sorry to post again, but I've been re-re-reading your notes and I must agree about kelp spray. The one I found over here, and was advised by PeeJay to use as a foliar spray (AND he told me exactly HOW, bless him), has I'm sure been key in keeping my Frisian Dew so wonderfully green and healthy. Only one yellowed leaf all through vegging. Which, as you know, for me is something of a triumph. :laughtwo:

You are welcome my friend! I am glad you are enjoying the journal as much as I am :) Yeah, sea kelp has always been important for my plants. They always love it. SNS-604A/B is what I have been using lately, which uses a species of sea kelp known as Ascophyllum Nodosum. It's a different strain of sea kelp found usually on the East coast. I used to use a different variety that comes from Alaskan sea rocks, it's fun to switch up the strains every now and then. Applying the sea kelp throughout veg, and at the right time during the first few weeks of flower can really be helpful. :thumb:

Aloha Brotha Great Weekend to you and Great extended update :volcano-smiley:

Mahalo brother thanks, and you too! Have a Good One :volcano-smiley: :ciao:

Aloha :surf:

I just wake and baked with the Swiss Cheese

IMG_38092.JPG
IMG_38205.JPG

Absolutely absolutely incredible. The flavor, is hard to describe... a little piney/lemony. But when it was growing it smelled a little like bubblegum. It's a weird take on skunk, that's for sure. A more sweeter take. Again, if anyone has ever heard of the strain Snocap from norcal (have you? LOL) this is what resembles it most. This stuff is the bomb diggity. If I just had a bunch of full jars of this stuff. Same for the BB x SM. Keeper.

Hmm, I wish I could describe the smell and flavor better, you'll just have to take my word for it :) The high... wow.

Well, let me go back and mention that was some of the tastiest and smoothest puff, and not to mention potently rewarding. Each vape hit hit feels like you are smoking a bowl of kief, you know that feeling where you lungs expand and one tiny hit is the equivalent of many others. I think the bud washing really helped to be honest. There is so much microscopic junk that was removed, my lungs are thanking me for it definitely.

Well, I'm off to enjoy this rollercoaster of a high. :circle-of-love:

Good afternoon weed Lester. Beautiful girl and Fang watching over it. Happy Days buddy. :high-five::passitleft:

Good afternoon weed Lester. Beautiful girl and Fang watching over it. Happy Days buddy. :high-five::passitleft:

Good Evenings Herb Bee. Thank you for your support! May all be well with you and yours my friend! :hug: :Namaste:
Looking great Les. Beautiful as always.

Mahalo cajuncelt. Thanks a bunch buddy :circle-of-love: Be Well :Namaste:

Damn you going to need a extra column under your name, all them titles.
Happens with them little ones. I top mine a lot earlier. Especial with seeds and I need to control height issues. Sometimes as early as the third set of true leaves. I think it's just sometimes we hit that certain spot with our finger nails or something and they stop.. . A lot of strains don't like to be topped and they shut down on growth from that point on and yield really hurts. But I know you've been working certain strains. I got a Blue Cheese in that's doing the same thing. I let her go like 10 sets, oh well, still looks tasty.
Looking Green my friend, Keepem Green

Damn you going to need a extra column under your name, all them titles.
Happens with them little ones. I top mine a lot earlier. Especial with seeds and I need to control height issues. Sometimes as early as the third set of true leaves. I think it's just sometimes we hit that certain spot with our finger nails or something and they stop.. . A lot of strains don't like to be topped and they shut down on growth from that point on and yield really hurts. But I know you've been working certain strains. I got a Blue Cheese in that's doing the same thing. I let her go like 10 sets, oh well, still looks tasty.
Looking Green my friend, Keepem Green

Thanks for the kinds words and cruising through NW. It's always appreciated :) I've thought about what it would be like to have the Swiss Cheese crossed with the Blueberry X Santa Maria. I think it would be godly. Maybe if I get a male with these SC seeds I just started germinating I will try and do that. I can only imagine what that cross would result in...:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom