Purple Kush, Regular/Photo - DynoMyco We Want You - Side-By-Side Comparative Grow

I checked on our seeds first thing this morning, and with a little shake, I got all 10 seeds to sink to the bottom of their respective cups. We should have the start of some tails this afternoon and possibly they will be long enough to plant some of them in the next day or so.

I also plan on giving these seeds every advantage to start. I will be building my solo cups by putting new FFOF in the bottom half. On top of that will go a teaspoon of Geoflora Veg and a couple of teaspoons of Dynomyco in half of them. Above that, for the seed to start gently I will use new FFHF up to 3/4" from the top, in which I will start the new seeds with 1/2" of Happy Frog over them. With all of this new soil, I expect to get a very large percentage of these 10 seeds as viable plants within this next week or so.

Today, most of the seeds were showing significant activity and it is time to start. Hopefully by the end of veg we will have representatives of enough females of each type to make a decent flowering run, with enough in the myco and no myco groups that we can see if there is a difference. We have two predicted to be male seeds, and one was given @DYNOMYCO and one was not. The remaining 8 seeds were placed randomly into cups of soil prepared for them, half with DynoMyco and half not. The half getting the Dynomyco all got a pretty pink plant tag with DM written on each side. In week 4 or 5 we should be able to start identifying our females and executing all but maybe one of the males that will be saved for stud services at a later date.

The cups were all constructed identically following the following process. Only fresh never used soil has been used. The cups are not totally identical, being of at least 3 brands that have been used and reused over the years, but I don't think this will affect the experiment as they were randomly used.

Here are the two male containers, one with Dynomyco and one without:
DSCF0889.JPG

New Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil was placed in the bottom half, shaken down but not compressed. 1 tsp of @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG was put in, and the 5 Dynomyco plants got 1 tsp of that product. Then Fox Farm Happy Frog was put in up to 1/2 inch from the top. The cups were all then watered to runoff. A 1/2 inch deep divot was created in the middle of each cup and the seeds were carefully placed in there and gently covered up. Those areas will be sprayed enthusiastically until the seeds pop up.

The predicted males are in blue cups, the predicted females are in red. Later we will put blue tags in the male containers as we uppot to 1 gallon containers in a couple of weeks. For now, I have separated the two groups of 5 into their own drip trays.
DSCF0891.JPG
DSCF0890.JPG

They all got 20 squirts this morning. More coming this evening. There should be plenty of water to get them going.
DSCF0900.JPG
Question: did you start with seeds straight in the soil vs popping them first to show how DYNOMYCO even assists there?

Question: did you start with seeds straight in the soil vs popping them first to show how DYNOMYCO even assists there?
I just put them in a cup of water and then into the soil. They only sent a small sample size of Dynomyco and thinking that I was getting more for the test I allowed myself to almost run out of the stuff, so no, I just used some of it in the middle of each of the 5 cups. I have the large 750 mg package is on its way and when it arrives I can and will be a lot more generous with its use, not just on the test plants but also for all of my transplants about to happen. I use a lot of DynoMyco.

I just put them in a cup of water and then into the soil. They only sent a small sample size of Dynomyco and thinking that I was getting more for the test I allowed myself to almost run out of the stuff, so no, I just used some of it in the middle of each of the 5 cups. I have the large 750 mg package is on its way and when it arrives I can and will be a lot more generous with its use, not just on the test plants but also for all of my transplants about to happen. I use a lot of DynoMyco.
I mean why no pop and tail first?

They all got 20 squirts this morning. More coming this evening. There should be plenty of water to get them going.
DSCF0900.JPG
Awesome start the rears look super happy with the start of they're lives.....and I got a chuckle out of "the all got 20 squirts this morning.".... Do you literally mean with a spray bottle 20 pumps each?

Awesome start the rears look super happy with the start of they're lives.....and I got a chuckle out of "the all got 20 squirts this morning.".... Do you literally mean with a spray bottle 20 pumps each?
Yes, 20 squirts. I had to keep switching hands when my pumping fingers got tired. The soil is getting pretty wet by now and soon I will be squirting to runoff. Hopefully the plants are up by that time. :rofl:

Yes, 20 squirts. I had to keep switching hands when my pumping fingers got tired. The soil is getting pretty wet by now and soon I will be squirting to runoff. Hopefully the plants are up by that time. :rofl:
I was literally spraying my 3 plants with a mister and was like man after 20-30 my hand is tired....and here you are doing it 20 squirts x20 plants ..... Hats off for the delicate treatment you give them. :love:

Hi @Emilya !
May I please crash your party?? Haha.

I am thrilled to see this!
I am trying to imitate your technique as best as I can (and it is helping a lot!).
Only, I am overseas (Colombia), and shipping is very expensive, and slow.
I ordered some DynoMyco (and the GeoFlora), and I expect to see it in maybe another couple of months ("air mail" to Colombia, haha).

May I please ask you, did you said that you put a small layer (teaspoon?) of DynoMyco a third of the way down in the cup?
Is your strategy that the roots will pass through it, and get on the roots that way?
And is that better than putting a teaspoon in the backfill of the divot at the time you plant the sprouted seedling-with-tail?
Or would you do both some DynoMyco in the backfill of the hole, and a layer?

Also, if you have to put it directly on the roots at the time of up-potting, then do you secretly suspect that the layer of DynoMyco retains its viability as the roots grow down and pass through it?
Your reputation for solid rootballs is well known, I was just wondering what your general strategy is, with putting a layer.
Thank you!

Hi @Emilya !
May I please crash your party?? Haha.

I am thrilled to see this!
I am trying to imitate your technique as best as I can (and it is helping a lot!).
Only, I am overseas (Colombia), and shipping is very expensive, and slow.
I ordered some DynoMyco (and the GeoFlora), and I expect to see it in maybe another couple of months ("air mail" to Colombia, haha).

May I please ask you, did you said that you put a small layer (teaspoon?) of DynoMyco a third of the way down in the cup?
Is your strategy that the roots will pass through it, and get on the roots that way?
And is that better than putting a teaspoon in the backfill of the divot at the time you plant the sprouted seedling-with-tail?
Or would you do both some DynoMyco in the backfill of the hole, and a layer?

Also, if you have to put it directly on the roots at the time of up-potting, then do you secretly suspect that the layer of DynoMyco retains its viability as the roots grow down and pass through it?
Your reputation for solid rootballs is well known, I was just wondering what your general strategy is, with putting a layer.
Thank you!
In examining rootballs after the grow I notice that about half way down in the container there is a mass of roots and as compared to other regions in the container, I would estimate that 60% of the roots are in that middle third. So this is where I put my underground caches of both nutrient and dynomyco. Imagine then what the conditions are in that middle third after you have watered to runoff. It will be a "saturation" of soil and water, a sludge... and for microbes, a vast liquid paradise that they are free to roam around in at will. In that environment, don't think of my layer as a fixed object because it is going to merge into the saturation, along with the fact that neither Fungi nor microbes stay in one place. So, if a root happens to come by, they will find it.

Now that I know to do it, I do put Dynomyco in the divot for that helpful push too... but this time I was running low on the product and I didn't have enough to go around. That situation was resolved yesterday.

In examining rootballs after the grow I notice that about half way down in the container there is a mass of roots and as compared to other regions in the container, I would estimate that 60% of the roots are in that middle third. So this is where I put my underground caches of both nutrient and dynomyco. Imagine then what the conditions are in that middle third after you have watered to runoff. It will be a "saturation" of soil and water, a sludge... and for microbes, a vast liquid paradise that they are free to roam around in at will. In that environment, don't think of my layer as a fixed object because it is going to merge into the saturation, along with the fact that neither Fungi nor microbes stay in one place. So, if a root happens to come by, they will find it.

Now that I know to do it, I do put Dynomyco in the divot for that helpful push too... but this time I was running low on the product and I didn't have enough to go around. That situation was resolved yesterday.

Fabulous.

Thank you!

Em, this seems like great information.
So, in thinking about this, if someone was using supersoil, might be want to put a layer of 1/3 regular soil on the bottom of the container, and then put the supersoil in the middle third of the container?
And then the third below the supersoil can sop up all of the drippings?
(Or would that not make sense?)

Em, this seems like great information.
So, in thinking about this, if someone was using supersoil, might be want to put a layer of 1/3 regular soil on the bottom of the container, and then put the supersoil in the middle third of the container?
And then the third below the supersoil can sop up all of the drippings?
(Or would that not make sense?)
No, I still want my richest and minerally dense soil in the bottom third, where gravity puts the water and the feeder roots can specialize in being there. If this section were in the middle, I think it would be hard to get roots to go down there, except for water. That bottom layer is sort of a root magnet. :)

No, I still want my richest and minerally dense soil in the bottom third, where gravity puts the water and the feeder roots can specialize in being there. If this section were in the middle, I think it would be hard to get roots to go down there, except for water. That bottom layer is sort of a root magnet. :)

Perfect.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom