Powdery mildew?

Manny1985

Is this the start of powdery mildew or?

IMG_7767.jpeg

IMG_7766.jpeg

IMG_7765.jpeg

IMG_7764.jpeg

Ok thanks for info first timer so still learning I picked up lost coast plant therapy and have done a spray. I did notice a few bugs undersides of leaves but not to many let’s see how it goes

IMG_7647.jpeg

IMG_7645.jpeg

what in pic suggests spider mites?
As seaofgreen18 mentions, all those tiny, tiny dots near the end of the fingers on the leaves. Most of the time the Spider Mites will be so small they cannot be seen unless a microscope is used. Usually the first time some growers realize they have a mite problem is when they notice the webbing. At that point, if they are on the plant long enough some of them will grow large enough to be seen when they are crawling on one of the webs they build.

I did notice a few bugs undersides of leaves but not to many let’s see how it goes
Spider Mites will look similar to those if they have grown large enough. I have the feeling that what you found were on the underside of the leaves eating the mites which are a lot smaller. Followed one lead after another and am now thinking that those might be "Predator Mites" which have the same body shape.

The best spray routine is to go over the entire plant spraying both the underside and the top of every leaf from the top of the plant to the bottom. Follow the most rigid spray schedule that Lost Coast Plant Therapy recommends. You will know that you are getting rid of them when new leaves do not show the small spots for at least two weeks.

Spider Mites can be mature enough to start laying eggs within 5 to 6 days after they hatch. That gives an idea of how fast they can infest a plant. And those eggs that they lay can start hatching in 3 days. I have a perpetual grow going since 2017 and have been battling them like they were the "bugs" in Paul Verhoeven's version of the movie "Starship Troopers" and in my case neither side is winning the war.

what in pic suggests spider mites?
As seaofgreen18 mentions, all those tiny, tiny dots near the end of the fingers on the leaves. Most of the time the Spider Mites will be so small they cannot be seen unless a microscope is used. Usually the first time some growers realize they have a mite problem is when they notice the webbing. At that point, if they are on the plant long enough some of them will grow large enough to be seen when they are crawling on one of the webs they build.

I did notice a few bugs undersides of leaves but not to many let’s see how it goes
Spider Mites will look similar to those if they have grown large enough. I have the feeling that what you found were on the underside of the leaves eating the mites which are a lot smaller. Followed one lead after another and am now thinking that those might be "Predator Mites" which have the same body shape.

The best spray routine is to go over the entire plant spraying both the underside and the top of every leaf from the top of the plant to the bottom. Follow the most rigid spray schedule that Lost Coast Plant Therapy recommends. You will know that you are getting rid of them when new leaves do not show the small spots for at least two weeks.

Spider Mites can be mature enough to start laying eggs within 5 to 6 days after they hatch. That gives an idea of how fast they can infest a plant. And those eggs that they lay can start hatching in 3 days. I have a perpetual grow going since 2017 and have been battling them like they were the "bugs" in Paul Verhoeven's version of the movie "Starship Troopers" and in my case neither side is winning the war;).

second @SmokingWings observation. the mites you see with the naked eye are predatory. they eat the ones you can't see. the ones you don't see cause the damage. normally there is enough predation outdoor that you won't need much to intervene. however, if you have a bad infestation or the plant is isolated, you may need to take action.

second @SmokingWings observation. the mites you see with the naked eye are predatory. they eat the ones you can't see. the ones you don't see cause the damage. normally there is enough predation outdoor that you won't need much to intervene. however, if you have a bad infestation or the plant is isolated, you may need to take action.
Oh ok 👍🏻 I didn’t know this thanks. How often should/could I spray lost coast if needed ? I mixed 30 ml for a gallon for my sprayer. Hope thats adequate enough

It doesn’t seem to severe although noob here so I don’t really know plants seem to be doing ok glad I asked here thanks guys! Going into preflower now

IMG_7769.jpeg

IMG_7770.jpeg

IMG_7718.jpeg

IMG_7727.jpeg

you are semi isolated on the balcony and could probably benefit from neem and other treatments as a result.

Autoflower during preflower into bigger pots???
Many growers would say to not do it now that they are in flower. But, transplanting into larger containers before flowering starts is something to think about for the next time.

There 12 inch pots not big enough ?
It is not the number of inches that is important (except maybe to your courtesan if one is involved.)

It is the actual volume of soil in the pots that is important. Those look like the typical pots used for summer flowers since they have a narrow base and a sharp taper to the top as opposed to commercial pots for use by landscapers and commercial growers.

I have a couple of buckets with marks on them to indicate a gallon, gallon and a half, and two gallons and so on. I will use those to measure the soil going into a pot and put a tag somewhere to remind me of how much soil was used.

Cannot rely on what the maker puts on the bottom of pots. They are often what seems to be their code for size but not for actual volume. And now I am coming across pots similar looking to yours that are being marked as "patio pots" and also do not have an actual volume that matches what is on the bottom.

Autoflower during preflower into bigger pots??? There 12 inch pots not big enough ?

pretty standard size is 5 gallon. those aren't bad. smaller pots can trigger an auto early and stunt it but those are a fair size already.

pretty standard size is 5 gallon. those aren't bad. smaller pots can trigger an auto early and stunt it but those are a fair size already.
Not root bound yet I don’t see anything coming out bottom either I figure it will do this time around. There in preflower I don’t want to transplant now

If your spraying for bugs and talking Predator Mites the two doesn't mix .you can do one or the other ..
What are using to get rid of the insects.

Have you gotten rid of every bug on your plants ?
Spider mites if out of control will flat destroy crop .
Its war and the insects came from someplace.

Once you go into flowering, you are now limited to only a few products that can be sprayed on the plant that the toxins do not show up in the bud/flower.

Back
Top Bottom