Can you take a pic of what you mean? I'm not sure which part you're referring to as the stigma:
main-qimg-df801d320c83654ded6c5bcc692241d8.gif

Photoperiod plants show sex before 12/12 if they get old enough, showing pistils at the node sites for females and pollen sacs for males.

This is from the lemon haze that refuses to flower. Quite a few of those pistillate calyxs have gotten "puffier" and I wasn't sure if normal photos do that or if the swelling is because she will in fact autoflower like she's supposed to. These have been visible for quite some time, the swelling however, is newer.

Not much in terms of development. The flowering lady is taking her sweet time. I see a couple amber on some of the more shaded calyxs. Just not the 10/20% I'm waiting for. Hopefully 2 more weeks. That'll put her at 10 weeks of flowering time! Should be nice and dense. Except for the main cola that was a bit too close to the light. That one started fox-tailing on me. Looks cool, but it's taking away from the density! The smell is absolutely wonderful as well!

As for my lemon haze "auto" that turns out to be a photo-period, I have a friend willing to plant her outside at the end of April. So I'll just keep her trimmed up and vegging along for now. She should end up about 10-12 feet tall come harvest time. His seedlings he plants at that time, usually hit 8-10 feet by harvesto_O. He's going to split the harvest, as long as the critters don't get her! So that's some good news.

The northern lights auto looks a little odd to me at times, but healthy at 32 days from popping her head from the dirt. I decided to try topping her at the 5th node, along with some LST to see what I can get in the end. Yay for experimenting! :) Pics to follow in the AM.

My apologies on delayed updates! Loads of OT at work lately and not a lot of big changes with my girls as of late. Lighter schedule this week, thankfully! :bongrip:

Happy growing! :Namaste:

That one started fox-tailing on me. Looks cool, but it's taking away from the density!
As long as the top didn't burn, more foxtails equals more trichomes!
As for my lemon haze "auto" that turns out to be a photo-period, I have a friend willing to plant her outside at the end of April. So I'll just keep her trimmed up and vegging along for now. She should end up about 10-12 feet tall come harvest time. His seedlings he plants at that time, usually hit 8-10 feet by harvesto_O. He's going to split the harvest, as long as the critters don't get her! So that's some good news.
Excellent news! Ideally you should get the get the time in the tent to mirror the daylight hours where you are, to prevent it from going into early flower and having to reveg. For example, if I was going to put a plant outside in L.A. on May 4th, the sun is up from 6:00 am - 7:39 pm, or 13:38 hours of daylight. I would slowly get my tent lighting to be the same by then.

You can search for your city here and it will give you those numbers for whatever day you choose!

Well here's what I can tell you. Archiweedies had a Durban Poison in his tent running at 18/6. Can't remember why (heat issues maybe?) he decided to run the tent at 16/8. Damn thing went into flower! It still was getting 16 hours of light, but the change made the plant think that winter was coming. They didn't all do that, but it happens!
I don't believe so...pistils still popped out of the tail tips like crazy. What would that look like?
Some plants throw new pistils right up until harvest. Here's an article on foxtailing:

Some folks don't like fotxtail buds but I think they're cool!

Back
Top Bottom