Pheno's Perpetual: Ocean Grown Dark Plasma, Other Top Shelf TBD, Breeding For THC-V

I've been cleaning my plants up about the time they stop stretching, I think most clean up the plant around 21 days of 12/12.
Perfect, thanks PW.

Now for the big question, as i'm about to go into the veg area for some work.

Please anyone feel free to chime in...

I need some HEAVY indica and or anxiety killer strains. Earlier in the window harvested OG Kush / Cookie Progeny is a bit racy... I will run them longer next time, and we are looking into a CBD strain but I want one that's heavy in THC too.
My prescription has changed so to speak. I went into this looking for the grand ol sativa and now I want the heaviest hitting indica I can find lol.
So my winter run unless I get the other light / tent up is so far...

6 - 3 Gallon girls in about *3 weeks. So far I've recloned everything, and have duplicate happy healthy copies of all in 1 Gallon Pots that are getting root bound and big (except the 2 that I knew I was running again Kickflip 2 and 3 I've uppotted, number 1 will also be run again so that's 3 of the 6 and I'll up-pot that today).

I will also add in Plasma 13 as i'm loving the one the garden now with the loud pine.

So that's 4 of 6...

I have to choose from: more dark plasma that I've run before, nope bored of them for now:)
1) Death Star (Sensi Star x Sour D) looks like it has a virus or something, or doesn't like the colder weather. I'll get pics of each today while i'm out there...
2) Cotton Candy Kush (Lavender x Power Plant -unknown to me both).
3) Sour Diesel (Chemdawg 91 x Super Skunk ?) super vigorous I think this is a for sure...
4) GSC (says forum cut, but it's not dark enough IMO so I think it's a GSC from seed or something. The other one that I was tasked to try and save was likely the real deal, but it didn't make it :(
5) Headband (OG Kush)
6) Bruce Banner but these look to be very frail and slow to veg. I will eventually flower it out to see what it does but likely not this round.

That's a good choice, as I haven't smoked either plant before and just recently heard of them.

It's doing wonderfully in veg too and is ready for graduation to final pot, the Sour D is also looking stellar out there so I think even though I wanted a heavy indica (I may have it in the Plasma 13 or KickFlips 1,2,3 in fact i'm banking on that being the case) I think it's a good choice.

I will also rotate in some little pots to sex in the cycle at some point.

Cool, looks like I have a bit of a plan...before i'm done for today I did want to diagram the perpetual in the garage so that I can easily do the work without too much thought lol.

I know I want the 2 tents, whatever size and i've decided on a replacement filter that can be switched to blow through which is what I'm thinking...So maybe the veg tent stays on with a 1000W or 600W MH bulb 24/7 for heat, exhausts air into the flower tent openly, swirled around with fans and sucked out through the hood hole by a single 6" inline fan, then pushed into the carbon scrubber...The air coming out the carbon scrubber will be close to the intake of the veg tent as to have the warm air entering creating a warming loop of sorts...

Trying to best figure this out without spending money that I don't have lol... I think that's a good plan, and if things go well I will be able to reinvest a bit.

The Sour Diesel will be a great strain but will probably be more sativa leaning.
Ya was looking into that. I have been wanting to grow the Death Star some time now. Let's hope getting her warmed up gets her moving along. She's not stunted per say or even slow but the leaves are definitely either infected or not liking the cold.
She was fine when temps where warmer though so I'm thinking she's be fine.

These are the 2 i'm on the fence about. Well if the lineage is correct there's a bit of Sour D genes in the Death Star but most likely a much calmer stone...Ya, we gotta get something like that going :)

I'd also go with #2. I grew a cotton candy Kush cross a few years ago. Had a really Mello high. Was really nice smoke. Mine was cotton candy x space queen bred by TGA, well it actually was from Heroes of the farm. Sold by TGA as "space candy" I think they may still have it on there menu. I still have a couple of those beans left. Really nice bag appeal too. Some purple and reds in buds

I'd also go with #2. I grew a cotton candy Kush cross a few years ago. Had a really Mello high. Was really nice smoke. Mine was cotton candy x space queen bred by TGA, well it actually was from Heroes of the farm. Sold by TGA as "space candy" I think they may still have it on there menu. I still have a couple of those beans left. Really nice bag appeal too. Some purple and reds in buds
...and, back to TGA :)
I absolutely love some of their sativa leaning hybrids and want to try them all.
I want some of those bad even more now but cannot find in seed form any of the main ones that I liked. (Timewreck, JTR, Space Queen)
Timewreck has been on my radar since I started and their JTR was my num 1 choice (if I were lucky enough to find) to be the "kicker" for my breeding project. Imagine JTR x Malawi - x Malawi - x BX = select Male.
Mate said male against my Harem of up until that point selected females including a couple of fast finishing Malawi females for good measure.
Ah...introspection seems to start at 2:30AM...I did this last night MIOutdoorsman, wrote a book in reply and today decided not to post here I am again, same hour. Anyway where did you order the TGA gear from?

...and, back to TGA :)
I absolutely love some of their sativa leaning hybrids and want to try them all.
I want some of those bad even more now but cannot find in seed form any of the main ones that I liked. (Timewreck, JTR, Space Queen)
Timewreck has been on my radar since I started and their JTR was my num 1 choice (if I were lucky enough to find) to be the "kicker" for my breeding project. Imagine JTR x Malawi - x Malawi - x BX = select Male.
Mate said male against my Harem of up until that point selected females including a couple of fast finishing Malawi females for good measure.
Ah...introspection seems to start at 2:30AM...I did this last night MIOutdoorsman, wrote a book in reply and today decided not to post here I am again, same hour. Anyway where did you order the TGA gear from?
I got them from Om of medicine in Ann arbor. They usually have a good selection. Arborside also carries their gear

1) Death Star (Sensi Star x Sour D) looks like it has a virus or something, or doesn't like the colder weather. I'll get pics of each today while i'm out there...
2) Cotton Candy Kush (Lavender x Power Plant -unknown to me both).
3) Sour Diesel (Chemdawg 91 x Super Skunk ?) super vigorous I think this is a for sure...
4) GSC (says forum cut, but it's not dark enough IMO so I think it's a GSC from seed or something. The other one that I was tasked to try and save was likely the real deal, but it didn't make it :(
5) Headband (OG Kush)
6) Bruce Banner but these look to be very frail and slow to veg. I will eventually flower it out to see what it does but likely not this round.

If you want a good indica pain relief and relaxing, I'd go with GSC specially if its the Forum Cut. Gonna work for ya I'm thinking.

Also while I got you BoBrown, Do you wash your buds? I am intrigued by the Doc Bud washing video and going to do it this go, but I have one glaring question. He says drip dry as usual...Others say run an active fan on them for X amount of time, then let dry as usual.

Any tips if so?

Thanks again!

I've bud washed in the past when I need to. Say infested in flower there's always going to be bugs to wash off hopefully they are the washing offing kind. I rinse my plants late in flower with filtered water to rinse them off before chop.

I run a fairly clean flower and VEG room so not a lot of dust, air coming into the room is filtered by heavy black curtains. LOL.

We keep it clean as we can. Lots of PM and mites outside.

You nailed the organic thing.

Sorry to hear about MRSA, can die from that shit.

MRSA Different than organisms that are whats in dirt I'm thinking. Did you know worms are human ancestors? Explains my connection to them. lol

I got them from Om of medicine in Ann arbor. They usually have a good selection. Arborside also carries their gear
Awesome! We are planning a trip to Arborside once funds are better. It sucked going from a household income of 6 figures to about 20k was rough and I hate to say, I STILL haven't had the money to send in for my hard card. I just have my recommendation.
No Dispensary will let me in the door even though they told me at the Dr visit that some would and some would not. I've tried a bunch, now we're broke anyway.
We're out of flowers :(
Maybe someone in the fam will come through with a few grams.
Completely today, even though I thought I put enough away, but in reality we had almost 2 months down between flower cycles and a really low harvest. That's basically missing a whole harvest.
At least this time it's right into flower again so we can build up a bit (Finally got the drying tent)... and with the opiate taper this is going to be a very difficult 3 weeks.

We DO have some dabs that I made with trim luckily but for whatever reason I don't get the same relief. It's like it only lasts a little while. It's too bad that I don't know enough growers around local to try and work something out with. It's much easier to do things with people. If someone is out of meds in my family I hook em up and when I'm out, I can hope that they have something...sometimes yes sometimes no but the important things is that I helped when I could just gotta get better at looking at for number 1.

Things ARE looking up so I'm thinking mid December i'll have some money to reinvest into the grow. Both for gear and equipment. I am thinking of trashing some of the clones, maybe i'll flower them all in the 1 gallons to try the smoke before I trash them but it's a lot of space keeping everything under the sun! I'm a hoarder.

The new genetics from SquareOne are phenomenal as was the Ocean Grown final product, even though they are a difficult/advanced grow. The num 3 is straight Blueberry. The num 1 is a more complex Berry and Sage smell. The Blueberry is uncanny, I grabbed a blueberry bagel from upstairs and compared and they are so close it's crazy. I never cared for Blueberry enough to consider growing it, even though it's legendary, I now get it. It actually smells wonderful on cannabis.

Question as you've navigated winters here...After further thought, for winter it might be better heat wise to run a 4x8 tent at night in the garage, which isn't heated or insulated and a 4x4 during the day for flower and heat. That would give me an extra production light also.
The 5x5 will then be 600w 24/7 to keep genetics, clones, autoflowers now and then etc.
It should heat the entire garage to a minimum temp as it levels out and once I see what that is, we can go from there...Thoughts?

Thanks MiOutdoorsman!

Awesome! We are planning a trip to Arborside once funds are better. It sucked going from a household income of 6 figures to about 20k was rough and I hate to say, I STILL haven't had the money to send in for my hard card. I just have my recommendation.
No Dispensary will let me in the door even though they told me at the Dr visit that some would and some would not. I've tried a bunch, now we're broke anyway.
We're out of flowers :(
Maybe someone in the fam will come through with a few grams.
Completely today, even though I thought I put enough away, but in reality we had almost 2 months down between flower cycles and a really low harvest. That's basically missing a whole harvest.
At least this time it's right into flower again so we can build up a bit (Finally got the drying tent)... and with the opiate taper this is going to be a very difficult 3 weeks.

We DO have some dabs that I made with trim luckily but for whatever reason I don't get the same relief. It's like it only lasts a little while. It's too bad that I don't know enough growers around local to try and work something out with. It's much easier to do things with people. If someone is out of meds in my family I hook em up and when I'm out, I can hope that they have something...sometimes yes sometimes no but the important things is that I helped when I could just gotta get better at looking at for number 1.

Things ARE looking up so I'm thinking mid December i'll have some money to reinvest into the grow. Both for gear and equipment. I am thinking of trashing some of the clones, maybe i'll flower them all in the 1 gallons to try the smoke before I trash them but it's a lot of space keeping everything under the sun! I'm a hoarder.

The new genetics from SquareOne are phenomenal as was the Ocean Grown final product, even though they are a difficult/advanced grow. The num 3 is straight Blueberry. The num 1 is a more complex Berry and Sage smell. The Blueberry is uncanny, I grabbed a blueberry bagel from upstairs and compared and they are so close it's crazy. I never cared for Blueberry enough to consider growing it, even though it's legendary, I now get it. It actually smells wonderful on cannabis.

Question as you've navigated winters here...After further thought, for winter it might be better heat wise to run a 4x8 tent at night in the garage, which isn't heated or insulated and a 4x4 during the day for flower and heat. That would give me an extra production light also.
The 5x5 will then be 600w 24/7 to keep genetics, clones, autoflowers now and then etc.
It should heat the entire garage to a minimum temp as it levels out and once I see what that is, we can go from there...Thoughts?

Thanks MiOutdoorsman!
No problem bro....I wish I was closer to downriver and had more time, we'd get together and chill out for a few. As far as the garage, I've only been in a insulated room. I'd imagine you are thinking correctly about running at night for heat. Plus DTE's rates are lower after evening ( peak ) hours. I always run flower at night for those reasons. Have you heard anything about a date when rec actually begins here ?

No problem bro....I wish I was closer to downriver and had more time, we'd get together and chill out for a few. As far as the garage, I've only been in a insulated room. I'd imagine you are thinking correctly about running at night for heat. Plus DTE's rates are lower after evening ( peak ) hours. I always run flower at night for those reasons. Have you heard anything about a date when rec actually begins here ?
Thanks buddy, I know you would!
That's right!
DTE is cheaper here at night, the last place it was a fixed power rate.

Here is what I know so far...
Recreational in MI.
Sucks, we just voted rec and the law will go into effect on Dec.6-8th that will allow everyone the 12 plants, 2.5 ounces per person on the road, 10oz at home etc. but it will take a year before the average joe can go buy a joint from the store.

The good thing is, entering the business now is late sure, but not too late because it won't be until Fall 2019 - Winter 2020 until the retail stores open for business. They have a lot of things to figure out, one of which I hope is rumour but a seed to sale tracking program?? Really? That would be sometime down the road I imagine. Didn't one of the PNW states give a 15 day genetic deadline to register seeds and clones? From then on they aren't supposed to bring any new genetics into the state! Most breeders just laughed. Kevin Jodrey even said, all we will do then is register a bunch of misc seeds and then switch them out with whatever else we decide to keep lol.

Anyway,
Licenses for provisionary centers will be based on established ppl first.
Gives me a little less than a year to basically donate everything I can (ppl want to take advantage of the freedom this year == more sales). I hope to erect a 4x8 for production like yesterday lol.

IF we can get our capitol together by then... (Just sold the house in Texas last night for a 20k profit! but the damn thing needed cleanup crew cause I wasn't able to go back down and closing etc...we will get 'something' but it doesn't sound right to me. I did all the research to buy the home while working 10 hour days doing software and going to college! When all this went down, I shut down and let the wife do it all and bless her heart at least it's out of my hair).

I hate to admit this, but my current constitution, mood and overall ability to function is almost nil right now...So much pain!
I'm convinced, especially knowing neuroscience better and how we have biofeedback loops for everything, that long term pain meds make ppl prone to fibromyalgia. It's the worst thing I can imagine and I cannot explain it better than 'everything hurts even air'.

Take meds like that for a decade and it throws the body off, making its count incorrect...say a billion opiate neurotransmitters would be needed to kill a persons baseline pain, otherwise make them feel 'normal'.
There is too much noise in the body at rest believe it or not.
So these negative feedback loops could be as simple as as receptors on a 'counting' cell receives x amount of a chemical in x amount of time will signal that it should be enough to manage pain and to stop. However in this case we didn't actually release anything...We took a pill.
The problem is, that I learned too late if you supplement a neurotransmitter or interrupt it's reuptake the counters get thrown off, the Hypothalamus tells the pituitary and other glands to stop production, and you end up atrophied.
I think that's why Cannabis is so helpful, it works on a completely different system and at least alleviates the pain and psychological issues associated with rapid tapering while allowing the other system to heal an atrophied dopamine / serotonin / epinephrine imbalance.

I broke our only way to get high about 20 minutes ago...on the day I go down another 5mg again lol.
My luck is good overall really just current perspective needs work.
See we have a Nector Collector and the glass broke by the titanium part. Second time this has happened, and the only smoke we have is homemade dabs from last run trim LMAO. I gotta have some joint butts or something.

...Heck the wife's off today, i'd take a drive to hang out, get my mind of my body and meet some of the good people here? I understand if your not comfortable with that too and I would like it to be a time when I can bring my own stuff anyway to share. That is the funnest part to me. It's unfortunate the other dude I met here wasn't as passionate about growing.

Again apologies for the book lol.

Too busy at the moment, but sometime in the future we'll have to get together for a smoke session. I'm working shit load of hours and trying to work on my newly acquired house. I wish days were more like 36 hours maybe I'd get caught up on shit. Congrats on the sell of the house. I'm trying to unload one right now too. Another thing eating up my time. I'm getting too old for this much stuff going on at once. But life keeps going, even if I feel like a hamster on a wheel running endlessly. LMAO.... Thanks for the info on the rec date. Hopefully it will lighten the attitude of the fuzz! Around here they are weed haters. Now that rec is taking off them suckers are going to have to comform

Ya that was the trend for me too, I wish I had that type of energy now when we need it most.
Weird thing was, I went down and outta commission when we got here...even lost my phone service for a couple months.
Sans 120 pounds, very little muscle left now it's hard to hold up my head sometimes lol.
I don't do well navigating Drs and especially now they have gone and confused me further see I had medicaid it was easy then they made me chose a plan, now I have this plan with specific places and TBH I never know how to do this stuff.
So i'm wasting away and the weird thing is I think sometimes nobody cares!
I mean of course they would care if I was gone, and they say I would be selfish to take me own life?
Misery fades, this unending day after day pain is driving me nuts. period.
But seriously, isn't it unfair to the suicidal? If they are in agony constantly how selfish is it for everyone to suggest they remain so?
Now sure i'm lonely and don't have any friends but on the bright side nobody is bothering me and things are still getting done. That is a sort of good thing.
It's partly a relief, hugely a pride hit, so I hate to admit I'm not too fond of the whole thing (ppl having to help me).

It's all I have to hold up my head sometimes so when the other folks here, wife, mom etc cook some food or do some housework i'm really grateful...even if it takes a second for me to see it correctly. instead of being sad they had to do it.

Got a new nectar collector...whew was a raw nerve for a sec... Have a lil bit of dabs for today at least.
Tomorrow we decide if the pain is too much or the train it is:)
wait, that's a holiday.
Crap.
Used to be my favorite, now I cannot even eat.

Cheers MiOutdoorsman!

I know exactly what you mean however, when things get busy in life, especially when you kickass at what you do you just get more work. The problem I had was not seeing forward progress.

So apologies for that last one...wow that got me down a dark one...

So little overdue for some pics. Let me see if I can grab them from my phone at full quality:)

Here's the veg area:
Got 4 ready for next go, need some more coco or to try my hand at DWC, which the latter sounds funner so...going to give it a try with a single bucket first...

The 4 ready to flower are Kickflip 1,2,3, Plasma 13.
The Plasma 13 is so greasy it puts the 10 to shame (Which used to make GG4 look tame with resin).
The KickFlip is frostier but the frost is kinda dry. My environment usually 65-75% humidity, (now 40-45 for winter) produces really resinous buds it seems maybe the dryer weather is making it this way? Very curious and would explain why you cannot find Dark Plasma flowers hardly. It's always concentrates and now I see why. Likely huge return on oil.

Here's the updated flower tent on Day 49.

Happy Thanksgiving! Yes it is! lol.

I'm just getting motivated to run out for some eggs.

Keep warm my friend, I'm making a list of some possible helpful strains and I came across a couple of gems.

See...as you know the GG4 craze is still going fairly strong in MI as well is the Zkittlez, I found a feminized F1 cross of what I hope is the clone only Zkittlez reversed. Not enough information but sounds divine no?
Gorilla Zkittlez Feminised Seeds

...and the wife has suggested my anxiety as bad as it is could use a high CBD strain. However it's like the market went down the CBD path and left THC behind in most strains completely or near so and i've not been impressed with the high CBD strains until I found this gem of what sounds to me to be the perfect mix of THC and CDB. It's Harlequin, one that I've considered, mated with SSD. Gives a 8-18%THC and 5-8%CBD.
Harlequin x Super Sour Diesel Regular Seeds from Lineage Genetics - Seedsman | Seedsman

Any thoughts on what might be a good Rec strain here and or a good higher THC/CBD strain? I forget, I know you go to ArborSide now and then but are you in the Ann Arbor area? Curious as you might know what is popular in and around but the competition there is some of the best in the world.
Now that our home sold we will be looking out that way, maybe split the diff and settle in Canton maybe.

Back
Top Bottom