Our Ongoing Grows

You can acclimate any strain if you produced a few seeds and started a strain yourself and grew it out afew times.

That's what I'm planning to do next year. I got stock for it, and the only thing I need to do is choose best parents and pollinate. Will be breeding plants for high RH climate specifically.

Always busy here CHH. Tonight I did my second 'juicing' on my babies. I'm not going to use this Promix next year outside. I'm going back to Black Gold. And scary thing,,,,,,,,,, next year I'm thinking about 5 plants grown straight in the ground. I'll be looking for some monster strains. I have enough ground space for 3 unlimited height plants and 2 have to stay under the greenhouse roof. We'll see how lazy I am,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but wow at 30+ a gram,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I live in the wrong state....... I've always kept my 'med's' for a donation of 25 for 5 grams. Of course I have very few clients, by choice. But wow even 10$ that is suppose to go to the grower....... I had a friend come back with the only product this store had and it was tested at 13% thc????????????? Wow someones going to get rich up there.

Con' con reminds me of my younger days being lock away in collage',,,. You know one thing bout 'really' breeding a true producing strain is, space. A lot of young ones and planning. If you are really going to try my little 2 cents is find the BEST male you can. Save the pollen. Pollen can be gold in the future. Especialy when you want to back cross to a parent acouple generation later. Pollen stores well.
A decent read about starting up working on a strain is by a guy names Greg? Green. It's called the Breeders Bible. It goes abit deeper than needed,,,, but you can't have enough knowledge......... You know these Pacific Northwest strains, and a lot of Canadian strains, are well acclimated to high RH, and faster flowering cycles. The farther north you go the faster the seasonings change and plants acclimated flip faster. And the fast plants flip and finish the less chance for R/H problems. We get so much bud rott and PM issues here it's sick. I lost over 75% of mine last year due to bad weather ALL of September.
Well enough babbling............ I did get a decent shot of my Oregon Piot Noir?????????? However it's spelled I shall call it OPN. Damn as hillbillie here ya know. Well here's what I took. I see it's the same bud just at alittle different angle. OPN
opn11.jpg

and
opn4.jpg

Well that's it I better post it or it might take a week. Keepem Green

I'm just getting an O.G. Kush forced, and it seems it's gonna go male on me, so I was thinking about letting it grow in my room until it drops pollen. NorCaliWood, you're definitely the guy to ask this thing, which I actually asked in my own journal, but didn't get a satisfying answer, would pollen mixed with baked flour, vacuum-sealed, and then frozen be viable for a year or so? :Namaste:

Nice update NC... looking great. Put names to some of the strains you are talking about above as I have all those issues! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Cool Bright,,,, I ended up using a soil I Won't use again outdoors.................. Pro Mix. I happen to have a bale laying around come pot filling time. So I threw some crap and meals in it along with some stuff called Marine Cuisine. My mix was lacking. For the last 6-7 years I been using Black Gold, and I will be again next. Isn't enough substance to this stuff for a bigger rooted plant. besides,, just my 2 cents, don't seem to hold much in the way of fertilizers even tho I pump my plants. I've been using that Earth Juice with 80% of my waterings, and some are still hungry. Waxy yellow fan leaves. I know that girl is going to be hella purple, but she looks sad. I got a friend growing the same but his is happy and 'greener' but still not green. But we can bet I'll have 'Gold' in my pot's again next year.
Hey Buck. Not 100% sure of the names you want,,,,,, but almost. After this cig I'll try............. Besides getting what I'm working with which I pretty muck local, you can look at some Canadian Seeds. They got some strains that rock up there, And FAST. You get the "RIGHT' pheno,,, possible 42 week cycle. I mean I'm not one to believe in fairy godmothers and all in things like Stoney Girl 'claims',,,, but reality sets in here with our fast change of seasons, and the rains that accompany it, Stoney Girl has had plants growing in 'my neck of the wood's, longer than I been here. That's a huge plus regardless of the claims. You know a 40 day cycle after flowers show isn't crazy with a acclimated plant. I'm at about 53 degree's. That's way up there for ALOT of strains. But Stoney Girl has been growing here for ALONG time. Hence seeds should fair well around here. I'd think so. But BC has been around awhile. "might' be a option. A lot of under-rated seed banks come from Canada. Good outdoor phenos iffin you look.
BRITISH COLUMBIA OUTDOOR MARIJUANA SEEDS - BC SEEDS | AUTHENTIC BRITISH COLUMBIA MARIJUANA CANNABIS SEEDS
But anything you see can be got. Mike just had a both in SF for that cup selling stock. I think they have a partner in Auburn Ca. That has stock. Hey Partner, anything else just post it and I'll answer for sure,,,,,, iffin I can.
Hey no expert on saving pollen,,,, but from all I know freezers and the packets that keep pills dry, throw in afew grains,,,, I'd throw in some white rice and freeze in as small a packet as you can, should work for acouple years. I've had pollen sitting on my desk in a flim container that worked great over a year later. Is a lot of peoples here much more well versed in pollen than me. GL

Ok just acouple pictures. All I took was the Marion Berries tonight. She's the fastest flowerer I seen this year anyways. Scary thing,,,,,,,,,, last night, and the night before,,,,,,,,,,,, my neighbor must have left acouple days and left a light on that showed on the top third of my girls out there. Last night I rigged a towel on some bamboo that shaded my girls. Well I'm not thinking it will be too bad a thing,
Marion Berry number 1 and 2;
mb1-11.jpg

mb1-2.jpg

mb124.jpg

mb216.jpg

And I got a shot of the Pittbull I'm working with also;
pb21.jpg

Well that's it for now. Hope alls gardens are doing great Keepem Green

oi

Thanks for the info NC! :cheesygrinsmiley:... beautiful images!!!

NCW, you're at 53N, right? Correct me if I'm wrong. Well, I'm at 45N, so I guess that makes things a lil' bit easier for me, and it's possible for me to grow even equatorial sativas. With strong variety I can go through November really, and I know that cause I tried. I got some SoCal seeds, local strains mostly, from a friend not a long time ago, which I germinated just to see what they are, but most of them will be run next year, and I hope they'll like my climate. There's a lot of indica-dominant shit in there, which would be nice to acclimatize, and maybe use for new crosses that would suit my weather profile.

Ah, 42 days is not that short. I actually force-flower plants outdoor in 35 days with short photoperiod, and the buds are excellent. I'll try to collect, dry and freeze the pollen anyway. Thx for help! :Namaste:

Thanks peoples for stopping in and taking a peek.
Buck glad if any of that helps. So many strains to work with nowadays a person can get lost in breeders 'claims'. Like a lot of the Stoney Girls flowering claims. But they can work with what Corandino23 says about his 35 day flowers.
I'm not saying 35 isn't possible but I've seen that a lot of outdoor growers don't take in transition time. 23 is that 35 days from the first show of flowers? Plants go thru a 7-10 days transition period. But if you have a strain that produces in 35 days that is fast. I'm always looking for faster plants. I have a question tho? Have you grown these plants out indoors under lights? If so is that 35 days from day one of a 12/12 cycle? If so I want some. I've been doing afew 'faster' ones but they run about 49-52 days inside from the flip of the lights.
Well fast update.......... I got acouple pic's of the Purpit. She's a beautiful 8-9' bush. It's a cross between a Blue Hawaiian with a Cripit.
I've been growing the Cripit out for years now. Heavy stuck on stupid weed with the hardest nuggets I've ever seen. Purpit;
p145.jpg

p73.jpg

This is the top of my Marion Berry#2. She's also a nice plant over 8';
mb217.jpg

This one here is going to have one big Donkey Dick for sure. Sugar Plum, and the name sounds like she smells.
sp25.jpg

Ok one last fast pic. The Wood's White from afar;
ww152.jpg

Well that's it from here. I hope everyones gardens are doing great. And Keepem Green

Hey Lester, Thanks my friend. I see we ALL kind of busy about this time of year.
I just wanted to show some partly cloudy midnite sun. I was alittle to lazy to wait for the cloud bank to pass, but she's bright out there. Give me more hope that 'extra' stay light won't hinder my grow. Been on my mind, but with all this light;
moon.jpg

I also got a decent shot of the Berkley Blues. She's one the the latest to transition into flower. But she's suppose to be one of the faster ones. I see all being finished Oct 7th? Smile on us Cannabis God's. I paid this years dues in advanced last year.
Fingers-crossed. The last I grew of this strain was sure a deep deep pretty purple.
bb146.jpg

Ok a update on another. Cassius. My bad and I kind of got a later start than most for my 'biggings'. I mean I veg a lot larger than these clones were just a minute or two ago. Plant has great shape and if I could've grew her acouple 3' bigger,,, well I can she she wood if allowed Cassius
c165.jpg

and
c164.jpg

and this, you can see the pine needles we get showered with daily. She's getting frosty that's for sure, and smelling alittle like cinnamon. Interesting bud growth. I don't see a lot of 'massive' buddage but she's got ALOT'
c229.jpg

Oh forgot I'm at 45 degree North. Can't recall right now longitude or lat. I seen some of the true sativa from down there. They crank 12/12 cycle 24/7, 365 days a year down there and some of them strains flower up to 16 weeks. We pretty close
Thanks all Keepem Green

So many strains to work with nowadays a person can get lost in breeders 'claims'. Like a lot of the Stoney Girls flowering claims. But they can work with what Corandino23 says about his 35 day flowers.

I'm not saying 35 isn't possible but I've seen that a lot of outdoor growers don't take in transition time. 23 is that 35 days from the first show of flowers? Plants go thru a 7-10 days transition period. But if you have a strain that produces in 35 days that is fast. I'm always looking for faster plants. I have a question tho? Have you grown these plants out indoors under lights? If so is that 35 days from day one of a 12/12 cycle? If so I want some. I've been doing afew 'faster' ones but they run about 49-52 days inside from the flip of the lights.

Yes, I count from the day when the flower formation starts and I can clearly see the pistils. The thing about counting the cycle from the flip has little to no sense when you force outdoor in my opinion, cause your plants can start flowering after 5 days, and they can after three weeks, it depends how long they weer vegged for... but when there are no flowers, there's no flowering, at least that's what I think. And once again, I'm talking EXCLUSIVELY outdoor as I do not even use CFLs to start my plants, it's just against my strategy. This year I've been using photoperiod of 11/13 and it definitely speeds up things, but you need to also consider your current UVB index. The higher it is, the quicker flowering time is, cause strong sun degrades trichomes bigtime. ATM I'm flowering two plants on a photoperiod of 10,5/13,5, and I think it I found a sweet spot here.

Aaa these are the plants I'm talking about.

Cotton Candy was done in 35 days with around 25% amber trichs, but could have been chopped 5 days earlier
cc72.jpg

Green Crack was done in 33 days with around 20% amber trichs, but could have been chopped 5 days earlier
gcharvest_4.jpg

Hope you don't mind this hijacking, NCW.

High-Jack away. Hello to all that peeked in.
Outdoors it is hard to tell when exactly transition starts. True about the age of a plant before flowering. As a matter a fact most strains have to be a adult period before they will flower. That doesn't hold true for clones seeing they are adults to start with. I've always gone bye the leaves from a seed to judge maturity. Juveniles leaves grow symmetrical and adults stagger. Least as rule of thumb. I'm hoping these girls will go till the 7th or there abouts. I've no real to the day knowledge of exactly when they transitioned, but I do know this, days were still long. 14 hours+.
Well we got scary wind here today. I mean knocking pots over wind. Scary when you got a 9' plant in a 20 gallon pot. Add in the bud's and problems happen. I pushed all I could into the corners and 'SOAKED' the pots. I'd rather have plant that tilt alittle over broken branches or worse.
Ok just acouple pictures I took yesterday first off is my Cripit. She's one of the stoutest plants I've ever grown. She gave the wind the bird and needs nothing but water to deal with it.
c166.jpg

This girl is going to be a beauty. I plan on some great pictures when she colors out come fall temp's. Already has a strong sweet smell. Dark purple hues. Marion Berry;
mb1-21.jpg

mb49.jpg

Ok I got a shot of some of the buddage off the Crippled Rino;
cr24.jpg

Here's a one shot deal. Called Super Skunk. Sounded like it might work out here, but as most of the time, uncloned.
s-skunk.jpg

Another go around with this one. Pittbull. I'm not impressed with her. Least what I grew last year lacked in the outdoors. She got bud rot early and what I saved wasn't all that. But maybe this one will fair better;
pb22.jpg

Well I got go watch the motion picture going on out back. Some of the main buds on the Berkley Blues bends so far it can touch the ground. GL all and Keepem Green

Juveniles leaves grow symmetrical and adults stagger.
So that explains why all my re-vegged foliage grows every which way but uniformed. Thanxx Norcal.

I like the purple hues, your plants so much further along then mine in general. :thumb:, I lucky never got that windy in my part.

with regards to conradino 35 day claim, well of course since you counting not from flip but from first bud development, I have grown plants that do not show flowers to 3-4 weeks after flip. And with outdoor alot of it crap shoot,where you live, strain, etc, cause day changes are so gradual, and as far north as me some plants wont start till way into August, because days so long compared to a thousand miles south.

They're really packing nicely, NCW :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom