OMM's Social Network Grow

Holy guacamole!
I'm in on page 3.
Now, if I can just hold on for the ride!

Hey tricome......this going to be like your grows.....plants everywhere! Glad to see you in here! :bravo:

I use BPN too, Twelve12 recommended. :morenutes: Also wondering about the BPN tea too.:thumb:

Hey young Lady! :love:

We all miss Twelve12 and his wisdom. Hope he doing fine. Someday he may even come back. Tea is something new to me too, however it's something I believe might help our girls. When I do use them I'll tell you how I mix them...then we will watch to see if they help. I have to read more and see when it's best to use them...in veg or flower or both. :yummy:

Hey OldMedMan could you tell me what are the clay pellets for? I just started useing the air pots and was wondering if it's a trick of the trade I need to know

Yes, it has been a long time old friend! :passitleft: Life steered me away from these forums for awhile, but I couldn't resist coming back to journal my latest grow, and reading through some more excellent journals! It seems you are doing really well, and I'm glad I caught the beginning of this new journal. Yours go so fast, it is hard to catch up once I fall behind ( ie: blink)!! :rofl:

Anyway, I look forward to watching those cute little seedlings of yours blossom into stinky fat ladies!! :thumb:

So glad you came back to grow again......this is a hard place to stay away from. I wont miss your grow that's for sure.....the wowie got me, can't wait to see it grow. In fact the line up you have sounds great. There are many excellent grows going now and of course opinions have changed about some things since you were last here.

Don't Blink!
:cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey OldMedMan could you tell me what are the clay pellets for? I just started useing the air pots and was wondering if it's a trick of the trade I need to know

Welcome peanut0862 :cheesygrinsmiley:

The clay pellets serve two purposes. First the roots grow horizontally in airpots. In fact just under the top layer of soil. The hydro-ton pellets make air readily available to those roots.

The secondary benefit is ......they make it easier to water the airpots. You will see this used in non-airpots too.

Hope that helped. I'm truly glad to see you on 420.
:cheer:

HI CF ! :yummy: Your not late we just started.

I've always had 2 400w HPS lights. Now that my tent is air conditioned I can run them both. It's going to be fun to run them both this time.

Here is a link to BPN's Organic teas.

Thats it! I never thought you had an HPS, I always remember you for your elaborate CFL set ups! 2 400' s running side by side is going to really be a big improvement!! Now that your tent is air conditioned have you thought of upping to 600's? Just thinking and smokin!!
:smokin::peace:
Anyways, I was seriously thinking of going with BPN to suppliment my grow also. Now that you are using the BPN tea. I am going to get the 2 part chemical to suppliment at mid to late flower. This is going to be interesting!!

:party::morenutes::surf:

Never thought of just keeping them out there. I always think they're gonna drown if they stay out in the rain. Plus cooler temperature at night. But it really hasn't been below 70. The tea sounds interesting.

Thanks and I am haveing trouble keeping the water in the pots before it leaks out the sides to high up on the pots
I know what you mean. I used to have the same problem with the air pots too. I just watered the pots really, really slow and that solved the problem. :thumb:

OMM - I thought Twelve12 was still here doing his coir hempy test/ results with everyone that joined in for the data? Did something else happen? After the girlfriend thing, I know he had to be more careful...

I think there are alot of people here that use the teas and their own mixes. I treid that and it just wasn't right the Berries did not like it and they dropped almost all of their fan leaves. Really weird. So I'm back to the BPN and they are improving right along.

Did you go with the Juice? I think it might have some advantages over the other 2. but what do I know. lol:thumb:

You mentioned the other day in PM that I would probably laugh at your new setup, Not me.

When you said it was really bright it reminded me of a few months back what I was dealing with.:smokin:

If you get some of those ceiling hooks, some ribbon or string, also get some curtain rods, and a curtains with light blocking back(the rubberized backing) on them. You can located where you want the curtain to hang, screw in the hooks, run them horizontal to each other in a straight line, use the ribbon or string and tie the ends together, Run your rods through the curtain and use the ribbon to loop over each end of the rod. Instant barrier. It works really great I did this for the first 5 weeks when the plants were in my bedroom. :circle-of-love:

Hey young Lady! :love:

We all miss Twelve12 and his wisdom. Hope he doing fine. Someday he may even come back. Tea is something new to me too, however it's something I believe might help our girls. When I do use them I'll tell you how I mix them...then we will watch to see if they help. I have to read more and see when it's best to use them...in veg or flower or both. :yummy:

Thats it! I never thought you had an HPS, I always remember you for your elaborate CFL set ups! 2 400' s running side by side is going to really be a big improvement!! Now that your tent is air conditioned have you thought of upping to 600's? Just thinking and smokin!!
:smokin::peace:
Anyways, I was seriously thinking of going with BPN to suppliment my grow also. Now that you are using the BPN tea. I am going to get the 2 part chemical to suppliment at mid to late flower. This is going to be interesting!!

:party::morenutes::surf:

He He ! Full of surprises. :circle-of-love:

Well...I have the elaborate CFLs in veg now. You know how I love CFLs The plants in veg are jumping already. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow of them. Ops, make that day after tomorrow....going to THsea's house tomorrow. It's his Birthday. Believe it or not, I've never been to his house before. I want to see his ladies in person.

Counting my moneys now...there maybe more surprises coming. I went a little lighter on the OC+ this time, because of the teas. Part 2 of BPN sounds good. We just can't seem to leave them alone, can we?
:high-five:

Thanks and I am haveing trouble keeping the water in the pots before it leaks out the sides to high up on the pots

My friend I hate to tell you this......if you don't really pack your soil in the Airpots, that is what happens. Been there, done that, too. In a case like that, what I do is water in the center of the pot very slowly.....a small amount at a time....let it sink in for a minute or two and then keep doing it until you have run off from the bottom of the pot.

Another way some people do it is to get a large container of water and lower your airpot into it. It will float for a minute or two then will slowly sink. When sinks, it is watered.

Good luck....I want you to succeed my friend.
:morenutes:

With regard to the teas, I have been brewing these ones I buy as refills but just brew in a bucket with my airstone for 24+ hours, then add a nice scoop of Yucca powdered extract about 30-60mins before application.

One Gallon Microbe Tea Brewer Refill

All my different plants love this tea especially with foliar feeding they almost beg for more. I think I'll order some of the BPN one and compare them.

Never thought of just keeping them out there. I always think they're gonna drown if they stay out in the rain. Plus cooler temperature at night. But it really hasn't been below 70. The tea sounds interesting.

High Queen.:love:

Well, if it's a storm, you may have to bring them in for a bit. By the way, rain water is good stuff. The cooler temps at night is perfect, even down to the 60's. The plants love it.

The tea is something new for me.....so......it's one of those things we will just watch and see how it does.

Same as always....you brighten my day when you visit!
:love:

Thank you for the warm welcome sir !
I don't post much, but I will follow along hoping to learn.

Cool! There will be some really fine growers visiting.....we all learn together! :thumb:

OMM - I thought Twelve12 was still here doing his coir hempy test/ results with everyone that joined in for the data? Did something else happen? After the girlfriend thing, I know he had to be more careful...

I think there are alot of people here that use the teas and their own mixes. I treid that and it just wasn't right the Berries did not like it and they dropped almost all of their fan leaves. Really weird. So I'm back to the BPN and they are improving right along.

Did you go with the Juice? I think it might have some advantages over the other 2. but what do I know. lol:thumb:

You mentioned the other day in PM that I would probably laugh at your new setup, Not me.

When you said it was really bright it reminded me of a few months back what I was dealing with.:smokin:

If you get some of those ceiling hooks, some ribbon or string, also get some curtain rods, and a curtains with light blocking back(the rubberized backing) on them. You can located where you want the curtain to hang, screw in the hooks, run them horizontal to each other in a straight line, use the ribbon or string and tie the ends together, Run your rods through the curtain and use the ribbon to loop over each end of the rod. Instant barrier. It works really great I did this for the first 5 weeks when the plants were in my bedroom. :circle-of-love:

Hi seagem.:high-five:

Twelve12 has left for a while, he is still fighting his girl's nuttiness. He is being safe than sorry. He is also looking for a full time job in Cali. Maybe in a big dispensary. We all wish him well.

Yes, there are many tea makers here. Some are made for certain kinds of grows. I like the idea of teas, some are dynamite. I'm starting with BPN because I feel it is safer to use. I would love to try some of them, but I am being careful.

Glad your girls have recovered using BPN.

Thanks for your suggestion on making a block for the light. The one in my bedroom has worked well before for me. I have panda all around it. I'll try to put up a better picture of it. I've vegged a Lucy to 6 feet in there before. The light really doesn't bother me that much. I've slept in some strange place in my life!

I actually bought some light blocking curtains...then I used them for something else!
:circle-of-love:

With regard to the teas, I have been brewing these ones I buy as refills but just brew in a bucket with my airstone for 24+ hours, then add a nice scoop of Yucca powdered extract about 30-60mins before application.

One Gallon Microbe Tea Brewer Refill

All my different plants love this tea especially with foliar feeding they almost beg for more. I think I'll order some of the BPN one and compare them.

Budley...thanks for the link. Sounds like a good tea...the Yucca sounds great too. Going to get an airstone too and bubble. We'll see what happens!:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom