Old G's New Auto Grow

I’m totally lost on whether to harvest that with the rest of the plant, I don’t even know what to make of it. Resin doesn’t come out on these leaves does it, there just like the others correct or no
Hey @Old g she looks great.
I see a slightly immature bud in good health. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

It looks like there's trichomes on there. Even clear trichs have THC, just less, and in a different form with a very fast acting and short racy high. Wind knocked a branch off of one of my flowering plants outdoors, about 6 weeks into flower. I didn't like the effect but a friend of mine did. What I would be worried about is the stress of the rest of the plant being harvested causing growth on that branch to slow, or even stop altogether.
It's up to you.

It looks like there's trichomes on there. Even clear trichs have THC, just less, and in a different form with a very fast acting and short racy high. Wind knocked a branch off of one of my flowering plants outdoors, about 6 weeks into flower. I didn't like the effect but a friend of mine did. What I would be worried about is the stress of the rest of the plant being harvested causing growth on that branch to slow, or even stop altogether.
It's up to you.
There’s hardly any pistils on it, it’s leaves stacked up. There’s some on top and some towards the bottom, I’ve got 2 other branches but theirs a lot of pistils on them.I’m not gonna harvest till I have 20% amber , if the other branches ripen I’ll harvest the whole plant, if not I’m gonna harvest just the ripe ones,hopefully the other branches will continue to ripen, like you said they might stop growing altogether. My blue dream that I harvested the cola isn’t growing too great. My lites not that great it doesn’t penetrate too deep, it’s working but it seems it’s gonna be an issue. I’m gonna have to get a new lite

Hey @Old g she looks great.
I see a slightly immature bud in good health. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill
Would you recommend I wait till the side branches ripen till I harvest her. I put lites shining on her see if I can make it ripen faster, will that work. What would you do , your always spot on with ur advice

Would you recommend I wait till the side branches ripen till I harvest her. I put lites shining on her see if I can make it ripen faster, will that work. What would you do , your always spot on with ur advice
Good morning @Old g hope your having a good day my friend.
I harvest the whole tent and plants at once.
Just a scheduling thing as I always have a crop ready to go into the tent.
I look at the general condition of the plant color size trics pistols.
When all those stars align I harvest.
I don't worry about a cola or two that are behind a touch.
But a lot of growers harvest in stages.
Take tops and let smalls mature more.
Quite popular.
Personally if the bulk is read I'd just put the whole plant into darkness for 36hr and chop all of her.
Hang ,trim, jar, smoke ,smile. ;)

Stay safe
Bill

Good morning @Old g hope your having a good day my friend.
I harvest the whole tent and plants at once.
Just a scheduling thing as I always have a crop ready to go into the tent.
I look at the general condition of the plant color size trics pistols.
When all those stars align I harvest.
I don't worry about a cola or two that are behind a touch.
But a lot of growers harvest in stages.
Take tops and let smalls mature more.
Quite popular.
Personally if the bulk is read I'd just put the whole plant into darkness for 36hr and chop all of her.
Hang ,trim, jar, smoke ,smile. ;)

Stay safe
Bill
Thank you Bill, have a good day

Day 85, I’m gonna wait on the zskittles to harvest. There’s not much amber and I’m determined to let this plant ripen . I rushed the others, pot is still really good, not harsh at all and it’s really not completely cured yet. I’m gonna be patient

E03F933D-D4D2-4703-B7AC-237A4D25418C.jpeg

A00108B8-013F-4D6C-ABDF-4C854990DC68.jpeg

343DF330-F1D9-4860-8D3F-78E2738B2ED4.jpeg

I’m trying to wait till there’s more amber, it’s getting tough.There’s mostly all milky trichomes but not enough amber, I don’t wanna chop it until it’s ripe, I can see how so many people chop too early
Excellent second grow,OG! Autos can be tricky, and you're well up the learning curve.
Why wait for so much amber? Amber means THC is degrading into CBN. If you're at mostly milky and some amber, I'd say it's time to enjoy those buds!

Excellent second grow,OG! Autos can be tricky, and you're well up the learning curve.
Why wait for so much amber? Amber means THC is degrading into CBN. If you're at mostly milky and some amber, I'd say it's time to enjoy those buds!
The pistils are still white at the base of the buds, I just wanna harvest at peak ripeness. I probably will harvest in a week regardless, thank you I’m actually surprised this plant looks this nice.

There’s still abit of clear in the trichomes, I used my fingers to twist some of the dead leaves off, most incredible smell I’ve ever smelt. I want to dry and cure this the best I can. Wait till almost all the trichomes are milky. I chopped the other plants but they grew naturally, they didn’t look anything like this one, I don’t wanna F it up. Someone I know told me not to F it up so now I’m nervous I’m gonna

There’s still abit of clear in the trichomes, I used my fingers to twist some of the dead leaves off, most incredible smell I’ve ever smelt. I want to dry and cure this the best I can. Wait till almost all the trichomes are milky. I chopped the other plants but they grew naturally, they didn’t look anything like this one, I don’t wanna F it up. Someone I know told me not to F it up so now I’m nervous I’m gonna
Just keep in mind that the plant will continue to produce new, clear trichomes. There will never be all milky or amber and no clear. Lots of amber means the THC is past its peak and is on its way down. You want to maximize that THC, hitting the sweet spot, neither too early or too late. (I'm an up-buzz guy, so I shoot for 60-70% milky and zero amber, so you know where I'm coming from.) Maybe some other growers could offer their take on this.

Just keep in mind that the plant will continue to produce new, clear trichomes. There will never be all milky or amber and no clear. Lots of amber means the THC is past its peak and is on its way down. You want to maximize that THC, hitting the sweet spot, neither too early or too late. (I'm an up-buzz guy, so I shoot for 60-70% milky and zero amber, so you know where I'm coming from.) Maybe some other growers could offer their take on this.
I know , I didn’t know they keep producing clear trichomes, that’s useful because I’ve been looking and waiting for them to turn milky, lol. Thank you, I’m more into the laid back relaxing high. I want just some amber,I chopped early on 2 other plants and their alittle racy. Not much but not as relaxing as I’d like. I’m thinking a week and I’ll chop, I have 3 branches that are at least 3 weeks out so I’m not cutting them. And those buds are large, they grew on the perimeter, for some reason their twice the size as the others. I didn’t give the other plants enough time , this plant smells amazing, the terpenes are ripe.

Day 86, a lot of milky, some amber, should I harvest. I’m sure it’s potent enough, I think their done growing, what do you guys think

99742B5D-1263-4AC1-B5E9-E451FED414CC.jpeg

E5B0DB07-0368-4EA0-92BA-F7B853DE192C.jpeg

509FA9E1-1C4C-4D1F-80F3-D01910A94843.jpeg
Could be time to turn out the lights. :thumb:
Great work my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

I don't know if you should harvest or not but that plant is beautiful. Great job and good luck on the harvest.

Happy Growing.

Could be time to turn out the lights. :thumb:
Great work my friend.

Stay safe
Bill
It’s time thanx for all your help Bill, makes it easier having you to ask

I don't know if you should harvest or not but that plant is beautiful. Great job and good luck on the harvest.

Happy Growing.
Thanx brother, I got lucky

Back
Top Bottom