Odin's 2nd Go - Pineapple Express In Soil

:thumb:

I have the same LG indoor air conditioner. Word of advice though. The tank fills really fast if it's humid outside here. I got three five gallon buckets and two lids. Put two buckets with lids next to each other. Then carefully set the unit on them and put the bucket without a lid under the drain. Leave the drain cap open, you can easily dump the bucket. If the bucket isn't filling in a day or two I put the drain cap back on. If it fills, it will shut itself off!!! Then your babies will fry. It's is a catch-22, possibly fry the plants. Or ruin the compressor in the ac. I have been doing it for a year or so. It lives.

EDIT:Clarity
:Namaste:

:thumb:

I have the same LG indoor air conditioner. Word of advice though. The tank fills really fast if it's humid outside here. I got three five gallon buckets and two lids. Put two buckets with lids next to each other. Then carefully set the unit on them and put the bucket without a lid under the drain. Leave the drain cap open, you can easily dump the bucket. If the bucket isn't filling in a day or two I put the drain cap back on. If it fills, it will shut itself off!!! Then your babies will fry. It's is a catch-22, possibly fry the plants. Or ruin the compressor in the ac. I have been doing it for a year or so. It lives.

EDIT:Clarity
:Namaste:
Man thank you so much, I bought this used and my dumb ass didn't even realize it had a tank in it. I set it up like you recommend and pulled the cap but no water came out. It ran a few hours last night and then all day to day.

Decided to swing by the organic shop while in town today. To my surprise they were having a customer appreciation day, had some vendors out from Fox farm, and smart pots. All the fox farm soils were on sale so grabbed me some more coco loco. Got some free samples. Over all good day. Will post some pics later.

Some pics as promised
420-magazine-mobile262960418.jpg

420-magazine-mobile149016632.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2138762051.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1889521041.jpg

420-magazine-mobile626085018.jpg

420-magazine-mobile364100662.jpg

:circle-of-love::circle-of-love:Beautiful.:circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

After some debating while using regular plant food and soil from Lowes.:oops: I have bitten the bullet and ordered some foxfarms nutes and soil.:woohoo: The big bag of ocean forest to go in a pair of Maui Mike's 3g soft pots. The nutes I got were bush doctor microbe brew, kelp me kelp you, big bloom, grow big, and tiger bloom. Do you use any of those nutes? :hmmmm:

Ok I'm up, bored, watching tv. It's time for lights to go out, and I like the pictures with out the light on better. I notice I got some leafs curling even though the temps are low 80s. I'm guessing it's just the intensity of the 1000w de light, so now do I turn it down or raise it up? I'll decide after some sleep lol.

420-magazine-mobile1924915376.jpg

420-magazine-mobile827918814.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2042068005.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1625546918.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1236136435.jpg

420-magazine-mobile986859578.jpg

420-magazine-mobile228790066.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1133622789.jpg

Maybe 6" or 8" carbon filter that goes both ways? Any idea what the CFM is on the exhaust ducting coming out of the ac unit? I used 6" insulated the same as you. I built a plenum to put in the attic access panel, with the ducting going up to it.

As far as the filter, due to space issues I have my fan pulling air from the cabinet then blowing it into the 4" carbon filter I have. I only paid 36$ for it. Though it is only rated for 195CFM, the same as my fan.
Phobos_20_.JPG

Just browsing amazon I see a 6" one with 500cfm rating, and this 8" is 650cfm.

If your ducting is only 6" you can get a reducer from 8" to 6" for a few dollars at a hardware store. Though judging from how awesome your setup is, you may have pondered that already. I am new to growing so my advice may have flaws.:lot-o-toke:

:adore::adore::adore:

I looked up the specs on my LG unit. I would go for the larger filter with the assumption it would last longer. As long as the CFM of the exhaust doesn't exceed what the filter is rated for, you should be golden. I don't know how you have the ducting setup. So you may need to get a few other parts for mounting or hanging where ever it goes. 100$ is worth the risk, even with 18 acres. You never know if a game warden is in the area, inspecting your neighbors property. Then a strong breeze draws their gaze your direction.

AC UNIT SPECS
PERFORMANCE
Dehumid. (Pts/Hr) 2.6
Dry Air Flow (CFM) 200
dBA Level (Indoor / Outdoor) 55
Est. Cooling Area (Sq. Ft.) 300

I've been thinking about it. I dunno what kinda air volume is going thru that wye, seems like alot. Putting a filter on that would bog it down so much, it would backflow into whichever fan isn't pushing as hard at the time. Which may be happening now too. I am also pretty baked, so that could be silly. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom