Noobs First Grow - First In Ten Years

I plan to keep two separate types of grows going but Duggan tells me, just like you, that as soon as I start growing High Brix, I won't want to do anything else. The stubborn part of me will want to keep doing chem grows because they make sense to me. But after Duggan explained the process, I see the simplicity in growing high Brix now.

Cheers

:roorrip:

And then you have the odd ones like me that still cling to my roots in LOS. Comparable results in potency and flavor. It's intriguing to me to watch the different structures of the plants though. There's never any doubt about which of my charges were kit grows. They just look and feel different, more energetic or something. It's strange not having one going right now. Somehow I'll have to amend that. Maybe I can stagger a couple pots. Hmmmm.......

I have two bins in the bedroom with what is essentially second run soil that I'll keep hydrated until I need it again. At some point I'll do a kit run, possibly one photo to fill the closet. It means I'll have to keep the fallow pots active with living mulch out in my living space like house plants while I'm growing in kit soil.

Just a little glitch in my plan. :battingeyelashes:

I'm of the mentality that if I'm growing 1 and it's illegal, then what does it matter if I grow 4 or 8 or 12? :)

As long as you can tear down quickly. :laughtwo:

Noob,
I feel ya. Shiggity told me that I would be doing double work if I ran a chem grow.:smokin:
I didn't buy enough kit to do both photo plants AND autos.
If I did have enough kit, I would probably run some autos in it.
Old habits die hard...but they DO die once you re-focus on a better way.:morenutes:

I plan to keep two separate types of grows going but Duggan tells me, just like you, that as soon as I start growing High Brix, I won't want to do anything else. The stubborn part of me will want to keep doing chem grows because they make sense to me. But after Duggan explained the process, I see the simplicity in growing high Brix now.

Cheers

Noob,
I feel ya. Shiggity told me that I would be doing double work if I ran a chem grow.:smokin:
I didn't buy enough kit to do both photo plants AND autos.
If I did have enough kit, I would probably run some autos in it.
Old habits die hard...but they DO die once you re-focus on a better way.:morenutes:

I went the total opposite direction. I purposely only grew 4 plants for the High Brix life so I would only use half of the soil. That way, soil is always ready when I want to start a new grow. I will probably end up with bins of soil all over my house when it's all said and done.
I'm reluctant to grow autos in the kit. Seems like a waste of a good run of soil. I plan to veg my HB girls out and make em big. I'm not familiar enough with autos to do the same with them.

Thanks for checking it out Stage

Cheers

I've run autos in kit soil. Don't waste your time. This kit's better suited for big, beautiful, two to three month flowering photo plants.

I have to amend that - unless you run like Ziggy. Then go for it big time. :laughtwo:

Less plants=less problems if the fuzz come knocking. I'm only allowed 10 plants total starting July 1. That's for me and another patient. I feel like I'm letting him down right now. I need to start packing away meds for him and I quickly. He won't be able to get his meds delivered anymore on July 1. He will have to drive an hour to the nearest recreational shop. I figured I would be harvesting in July but I'm thinking it will be August before I can even begin to give him a stash. Just very frustrating when you try to do things on the up and up. You know?

Thanks for stopping by my garden Sue

Cheers

Less plants=less problems if the fuzz come knocking. I'm only allowed 10 plants total starting July 1. That's for me and another patient. I feel like I'm letting him down right now. I need to start packing away meds for him and I quickly. He won't be able to get his meds delivered anymore on July 1. He will have to drive an hour to the nearest recreational shop. I figured I would be harvesting in July but I'm thinking it will be August before I can even begin to give him a stash. Just very frustrating when you try to do things on the up and up. You know?

Thanks for stopping by my garden Sue

Cheers

I had to completely base my grow on my state standards as well. Think really hard and look over the laws very close and sometimes you can find how it can be interpreted in a way you may not have thought of ..lol Most states are still vaque and that actually can be a good thing...

When you get past those first few harvests the meds start becoming better cured upon consumption and you will have your own head stash set aside. It's just a matter of time... ;)

:peace:

FE

Him and I just decided we would go in on a couple of ounces for his last delivery. I'm hoping a couple of ounces will hold him over until mid August. The delivery businesses here are booked up these last couple of weeks. We had to get an appointment two weeks ago. Freakin crazy out in Washington right now. I'm figuring to be harvesting every other month once I get dialed in.

That sounds like a workable plan. It's so frustrating watching this play out across the country. So much greed involved for a plant anyone can grow!

That sounds like a workable plan. It's so frustrating watching this play out across the country. So much greed involved for a plant anyone can grow!

Totally agree...but.... I can not believe in my lifetime the government would say it is ok at all... I may try to interpret the law to my benefit but I am in compliance. If after 25 years of being illegal I finally am not. WTF seriously...?? Thank you what ever god you believe in! Yes anyone can grow it but if you choose not to it is your call to pay the going price. Capitalism will balance it all out. But it will take time for all the laws and stuff to be sorted out. Only now am I really saving money compared to the dispensary. The initial learning curve and startup wasnt cheap. But i get what I want made the way I want it...
Rambling!
Have a good day...

;)

:peace:

FE

Back
Top Bottom