Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #3 5x5 - Dissertation Grow

Yeah flushed. All good.

& Co wants to defol a little downstairs. That’s a good call. There’s a lot of big leaves just dying off there anyway. All good

IMG_9469.jpeg

We don’t want or need this.

Focus on the buds up top.

IMG_9467.jpeg
IMG_9468.jpeg

I dunno. Feels like they grew a lot of bud since this morning.

Seem pretty healthy looking 🤣

Nick

Happy Holidaze Nick!🎄

I feel like I was being too blase. I saw the air stones you bought and it got be scared. What tricks does he have planned?

So then I was like right, not handicapping myself. 12 top end Bruce Banner lets go.

But that’s fully a mark of respect.

There’s not many on the site I’d worry about on this kinda contest. And with Autos lol 😂 @Bill284 ?

Ooph me and him went head to head on yield. That be crazy stupid 😂 Bill - you can’t include dog hair in the yield. Howie has more then Nicksie 🤣

Be fun. Paid the seeds but asked they don’t post until 27th. I’ll pop around the 5th.
No, we are both lucky that @CaptainLucky isnt playing. He might dust us both. And the 5th? Ok………

IMG_9540.jpeg

This is only Day #8 of flower. 7 weeks.

Two weeks until pop. Still leaves 5 weeks until this tent and light are free.

I realised this morning I need another tent for veg. Ok-la!

They’re nearly all at the lights height. 1-3”. The light is set to:

UV 80% 5000k 100% 3000k 100%

Should probably take a PPFD reading later. Environment is great.

IMG_9543.jpeg

The Co2 is higher. The sensor needs moving. Obstructed by leaves. Night time temp and Rh both drop. Still at 1.2-1.3 VPD

They need a downstairs trim again this evening. Same time I’m going to remove the ratchet blocks and just hang from the hooks direct on to the brackets on the light frame. After that its just removing the bricks under the pallet for 1.5” or smaller hooks 😂 The one Tropicanna Banana its too late, she’s nearly touching the roof of the tent already 🤣 Gonna tie her down.

EC steady as she blows 2.4 on the new mix.

They're budding up. Not “The Chunkening” just yet but 7 weeks to go still.

Nick

IMG_9540.jpeg

IMG_9543.jpeg

The Co2 is higher. The sensor needs moving. Obstructed by leaves. Night time temp and Rh both drop. Still at 1.2-1.3 VPD

They need a downstairs trim again this evening. Same time I’m going to remove the ratchet blocks and just hang from the hooks direct on to the brackets on the light frame. After that its just removing the bricks under the pallet for 1.5” or smaller hooks 😂 The one Tropicanna Banana its too late, she’s nearly touching the roof of the tent already 🤣 Gonna tie her down.

Nick
My ppfd is 700ųmol at the moment I'm only on 50% at 500w

I was at 2250 last week but then the light had an issue so I was only at 1450. I see some commercial growers hit 2000 plus with HPS at 2-3m but some of them are running EC as high as 4.0 which is toppy even for me 😂

I’m happy with 1400 for now. See what it is when the lights are raised I can’t really get an arm in at the moment to test has they’re all touching the light 🤣

See the 1300 - feel like I’m missing 500 of Red still. Unless my previous reading was a fluke.

IMG_9549.jpeg
IMG_9550.jpeg
IMG_9551.jpeg

I was at 2250 last week but then the light had an issue so I was only at 1450. I see some commercial growers hit 2000 plus with HPS at 2-3m but some of them are running EC as high as 4.0 which is toppy even for me 😂

I’m happy with 1400 for now. See what it is when the lights are raised I can’t really get an arm in at the moment to test has they’re all touching the light 🤣

See the 1300 - feel like I’m missing 500 of Red still. Unless my previous reading was a fluke.

IMG_9549.jpeg
IMG_9550.jpeg
IMG_9551.jpeg
Damn your lights close 🤣🤣

Stage #1 Pop’em 27th October
Stage #2 Peat to sprout 29th October
Stage #3 Seedling Swicks 2nd November
Stage #4 Veg Pots 14th November
Stage #5 Top 2nd December
Stage #6 Defoliation #1 5th December
Stage #7 Flip 6th December
Stage #8 Call Flower 18th December
Stage #9 Defoliation #2 26th December

Day #60
Flower Day #8

IMG_9552.jpeg
IMG_9553.jpeg
IMG_9554.jpeg

Ouch she defoliated a lot 😅

I think a couple too much. Raised the lights to the hooks as well.

I always think too much. But 7-8 weeks left to grow some back!

Nick & Co

They need watering twice a day now, looking really tired this afternoon.

Still taking the 1L each to run off but stop praying at about 3pm. We water at 6pm, lights out 8pm. Think 750ml 10am and 750ml 6pm from tomorrow. That gives them about 50% pot volume (3L) a day.

Really struggling to get good light readings or bud photos. Holding my arm out horizontal above my shoulders for 60 seconds (seems like an age!) means ai get failed readings all the time. They’re in places my height 5’10.5” including the pot now.

Buds I can now see properly. Really coming along.

Nick

IMG_9558.jpeg

IMG_9559.jpeg

IMG_9560.jpeg

IMG_9596.jpeg
IMG_9597.jpeg
IMG_9598.jpeg
IMG_9600.jpeg

Day #10 Flower - I think. Monday was Day #1 so must be #10 as its been Wednesday all day for me.

They need a rearrange and couple with some early support - not so mych for weight reasons, some of the branches are so strong you’d need clippers to break them. Just grown out sideways. Centre of gravity stuff.

Gas ran put this morning. Refilled at around 5pm only. Probably good thing I raised the lights yesterday. Not much space left!

IMG_9599.jpeg

The S hooks can get smaller, they’re like 4” and remove the bricks downstairs but think they’re done on the vertical now. Buds coming thick and fast

Nick

We’re redoing the drainage stands for the flower room next day or so. One corner of the room is lower than the others and its the final bend before the egress the house. So presumably it collects there.

I decided I’m gonna buy some cheap 6x6 tiles and level it and others (the first in the 4 rows starts a little higher, just gravity, right?

Got me thinking about my canopy level here. Got some shorties right? We don’t scrog and it just wouldn’t work for us for several reasons but lets just call it lazy. Unlike a real commercial grow that just loosely and lazily uses trellis netting we run multiple strains together too. They’re running 100 next to each other all Pheno hunted clones. Different game. We want 3-4 strain's a grow.

Our level canopy when we hit flower goes to shit 🤣 we’re normally very good in veg though the 12 OGK are looking a bit less consistent than we’re used to. Teo packets as well. 6 and 6. Wonder if we have 6 tall and 6 fat? Different batches?

So yeah - Mohammed to the Mountain.

What if I just raise the shorties up on bricks? Lateral support is the only problem. They’re held uptight by the pallet.

If ai can see a way to make sure the pots on the raised ones don’t fall over I’ll do that tomorrow.

Nick

IMG_9540.jpeg

IMG_9543.jpeg

Nick
Pretty big for day 8, jeez. Question: whee does the CO2 flow in? Up top, right? So it falls down? So why is the sensor obstructed by leaves? Isn’t the sensor also up top? Never considered placement of these things before..

If ai can see a way to make sure the pots on the raised ones don’t fall over I’ll do that tomorrow.
Would a piece of pipe that fits into pallet and the solo cup can sit in the other end of the pipe ? Then just cut pipe to height needed .
You could even put a cap on the bottom and partially fill pipe with sand to weight it down aswell as hole in pallet holding it

Pretty big for day 8, jeez. Question: whee does the CO2 flow in? Up top, right? So it falls down? So why is the sensor obstructed by leaves? Isn’t the sensor also up top? Never considered placement of these things before..
I have a pipe (special plastic for Co2 I forget which plastic) runs into the back of a swing fan. Sprays it around.

The orange pulse is just to back test my skin and eyes. Been low since I raised the light as it was hanging off a ratchet. The Co2 sensor for the Inkbird Controller (and therefore the more important one because its the one that switches it on and off) is about 3-4x the size and has co2 sensors on three sides. That’s on the wall of the tent at the moment. Sometimes it goes right in the middle hanging between the plants Depends on the height of the plants and where I think its going to get the heaviest blast. Goes high it goes off. I’d rather dose a little lower than test in the last place to get high so I keep them pretty close to the spray pipe.

Inkbird sensor from upstairs pictured.

Nick

image.jpg

@Jon I ordered one of the lights sensors Delps8 recommends in that thread. Cheaper than a new phone which I need for Photon to work with any accuracy 😅

I paid $22 but direct from China so $32 he mentions probably right for US. The Pulse one takes an age to read. A lot of more knowledgable people (owners of the Pulse) the biggest complain is the light sensor. “Not much better than the Photon App”

Rather than spending $400 on an Apogee much as I’d like to - it’d be a way of thanking Bruce Bugabee for his videos! I’m gonna give a cheaper second sensor a whirl. To get low down readings with the Pulse its quite keen on saying 9 (yes nine) PPFD 😂 Its brighter than that!

Back
Top Bottom