New City Grower 2.0

Great Journal BAR! Thanks for sharing, bummer I made it so late but butter late than never lol! Can't wait to hear how your butter turns out - can't wait to make me some after this harvest! At least I'm subbed in for the eatin' and smokin' part :) Well done!

:bravo:
Welcome aboard Colorful. With the type of Journals I do it's never to late to jump in. Instead of one thread for each set of plants or style of grow I just keep it moving. Reason being is I find it much easier myself to follow threads like that than multiple threads, stopping & ending, re-subbing, and all to follow some of our co-members.
So anywhere you jump in is the beginning of something and most likely near the end of something else going on here.

BAR....I said the same thing over at Lester's place...you have some many plants going on that I can't keep track of them. Don't even try but enjoy watching everything that's going on. Keep up the great work!
I know Brights, I even get confused myself sometimes. A little hint though; Each Photo Shoot shows everything we have going on at that time. I actually use them for my own notes.

:ciao: Sorry it took me so long to reply Sweet heart..... You don't have to use the lecithin but it works as an emulsifier and it will make your butter much stronger... When I used to make cannabutter on the stove I didn't use it but my temps were a bit higher and that activated the usable THC like cronic was talking about but the lecithin allows the THC and other usable things to bind with the fats in the butter... As said you can get it at health food stores and it makes the potency much better... I use 1 lb of butter to 2 zips of bud trim and popcorn... My butter is very strong so because I don't like to have to eat many cookies because of my diabetes but if you want yours not to be quit as strong just cut back on the herb you use.....:circle-of-love:

Thanxx Partner, Jimbo, & Mr. Dreamz.
Listen, I need some advice from any members who've been germinating in rockwool cubes. I just started using them. Should I start giving them any mild feedings before planting & how big should I let the seedling get before planting? Here's how it looks now.

IMG_00002516.jpg

She's about ready to be fed. As has been said, you want to wait until at least the first full set of leaves. Those little cotyledons will provide all it needs for awhile. It looks great. If it was me, I would start feeding a very mild solution now.

as far as when to transplant. When you see roots coming out the bottom, it's time.

Way too much boom boom in the zoom zoom.

:biglaugh: :rofl:

Does anyone know if you can make canna-butter with the Magical Butter machine without using Lecithin.

Yes. Add it when you cook with it if you get it later.

:ciao: Sorry it took me so long to reply Sweet heart..... You don't have to use the lecithin but it works as an emulsifier and it will make your butter much stronger... When I used to make cannabutter on the stove I didn't use it but my temps were a bit higher and that activated the usable THC like cronic was talking about but the lecithin allows the THC and other usable things to bind with the fats in the butter... As said you can get it at health food stores and it makes the potency much better... I use 1 lb of butter to 2 zips of bud trim and popcorn... My butter is very strong so because I don't like to have to eat many cookies because of my diabetes but if you want yours not to be quit as strong just cut back on the herb you use.....:circle-of-love:

I thought the emulsifier helped US absorb it. I didn't think it helped the oil absorb the THC/CBD.

For SURE, do NOT use the emulsifier if you use water in your budder process (ie, not with the machine). It makes some of the oil (budder) mix with the water. That's it's job after all. :blalol:

This is how I know you can add the lecithin when you cook, and why I think it helps our absorption.

Maybe it helps both though. With the machine, and ONLY butter/oil with the weed, it's probably OK to use when making the budder.
In this scenario perhaps it makes more of the thc/cbd dissolve in the butter/oil, but does it also let more stuff, that otherwise wouldn't (hydro-phyllic chlorophyl for example), dissolve into the butter/oil?

sorry to ramble. I just wanted to say you can add it later, but then more thoughts popped into my head. :winkyface:

Ohhh I made gingerbread cookies last night out of some Green XXXXX cannabutter and I ate one about an hour ago and it just took me 3 minutes to type this. I keep trying to cut down the potency just a bit in my cookies but think I might need to cut it down a lot cause I know I have a heck of a tolerance and I feel no pain right now so I can only imagine what they would make a novice feel like.... Well maybe a good thing and I always forewarn anyone I give cookies to but you know they never listen... Oh well they work so good for me with pain and muscle spasms... I love my MB machine.....:circle-of-love:

Ohhh I made gingerbread cookies last night out of some Green XXXXX cannabutter and I ate one about an hour ago and it just took me 3 minutes to type this. I keep trying to cut down the potency just a bit in my cookies but think I might need to cut it down a lot cause I know I have a heck of a tolerance and I feel no pain right now so I can only imagine what they would make a novice feel like.... Well maybe a good thing and I always forewarn anyone I give cookies to but you know they never listen... Oh well they work so good for me with pain and muscle spasms... I love my MB machine.....:circle-of-love:

OMG Dennise - yum yum yum! I want one of those cookies now :) Cheers!

Hi Reg and baby girl! Just cruising through, been busier than a swamp rat.
I did want to add to this, I use the lecithin in my budder when making it too. I found it at Walgreens in the section with the otc health pills. Big container with granules. It will take me forever to use that up. LOL

Things are looking awesome in your jungle.

:circle-of-love:

Good evening weed BAR and a Happy Skunkday. Nice harvest my friend. Girls are looking good as always. :yummy::rollit::passitleft:

QUICK UPDATE​
Nov 17, 2014​

Hi Reg and baby girl! Just cruising through, been busier than a swamp rat.
I did want to add to this, I use the lecithin in my budder when making it too. I found it at Walgreens in the section with the otc health pills. Big container with granules. It will take me forever to use that up. LOL

:circle-of-love:
Sounds like a plan. I'll stop by Walgreen's during my lunch break today.

I think he has run off and left us ...:thedoubletake:.....:circle-of-love:
In the voice of Gomer Pyle "Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!" I'm still here & with an update.

He's frozen to the balcony railing. Got his tongue stuck.
You're close Cajun. Went ice-skating for the first time in years. Didn't get my tongue stuck to a railing but had my buttocks stuck to the floor more than enough times. :surf:

Pepé Le Pew
(Skunk)

Wet weight 168.1g (Nov 11)

IMG_00002917.jpg

IMG_00002901.jpg

Dry weight 53.5g

We cut off all the excess stems we used to hang the buds from.

IMG_00003006.jpg

Also purchased these containers for the Veg Tent which will make the cleaning much easier & resolve all the over-flowing drainage problems.

IMG_00003007.jpg

IMG_00003032.jpg

IMG_00003037.jpg

We threw out the Cotton Candy plant that was re-vegging & replaced it with Pepé Le Pew (Skunk) re-veg attempt

Pepé Le Pew
(Skunk Re-veg) Day 6

IMG_00003040.jpg

Because our Cotton candy Clone has started rooting.

IMG_00003030.jpg

IMG_00003014.jpg

IMG_00003024.jpg

Here's a look at one of the 5th & last wave of Street Girls Babygirl's been training by FIMing & Super-Cropping.

IMG_00003045.jpg

IMG_00003048.jpg

And for your pleasure...

SLEESTACK X SKUNK
(Regular) Day 3-15

IMG_000022551.jpg

IMG_00002573.jpg

IMG_00002691.jpg

IMG_00002999.jpg

Back
Top Bottom