New City Grower 2.0

So now you can order leaning at the counter and smiling like crazy? :tokin:

I think the Re-veg vs. Seed debate is not in the speed.

You have proven genetics and experience on the exact plant as apposed to experience with the strain.
Considering how different phenotypes can be within a strain, re-veg seems to allow us growers with less experience (compared to guys with 100's of plants under their belt) a much higher rate of success.
It is also why the re-veg always seems to be a better harvest.

It's like a do-over without the surprise of new characteristics associated within strains. And we all do better with do-overs. :)

Well stated!

:bravo:

Reg, have you ever been to this place?

Urban Garden Center | NYC's Largest Garden Center

One block from the 6 train and pretty easy to get to from your local. They have 1 cubic foot bales of peat, and even a "soil bar" where you can buy amendments by the cup. It looks like a funky place to check out.

Holy shit PeeJay you are the man!!!!!!! I will probably stop in there Friday afternoon as I will be in that area anyway. Aw man this may be better than Christmas.

I want to go to the flea market....:circle-of-love:

Me too! My best friend lives in Williamsburg Brooklyn and is also a vendor in the flea market which used to be in the bank building near Atlantic Avenue by the LIRR station. I believe they moved to a permanent facility, but are outside in the summer. I should call him and find out. Not that anyone asked.

Mother of invention: DCS members now have a viable alternative and you give me repose brok azz; reveg reg society
The RRS which is the Board of Directors of the DCS. I like Jam...

Holy crap PeeJay you are the man!!!!!!! I will probably stop in there Friday afternoon as I will be in that area anyway. Aw man this may be better than Christmas.
Tell me about it. Wasn't I right?

Hey BAR Happy Weednsday :thumb:
Back atcha..

Did you manage to get the hood rat from under the tree? :rofl: :roorrip:
Nope. I passed out. Thanxx for the reminder Scotty, I hope she's still there.

And while we're on the subject of Hood Rats:

STREET GIRL #2 (Unknown Strain) Day 30 / Day 4 under 12/12

I'm not sure what went wrong here. Street Girl #2 was transplanted in exactly the same medium, the same way, & at the same time as Street Girl #3. But on the 4th day after transplanting them here's what I came home to.

#3 is on the left & #2 is on the right.

IMG_2014073024_2_.jpg

IMG_2014073024_1_.jpg

I notice the soil was still soaking wet on #2 as if it wasn't drinking & they both were watered on transplant day. Street Girl #3's soil was barely damp.
Course of action:
I put air holes around the sides of both Soda pots & then re-transplanted #2 in the same medium leaving only the bottom below the roots with the original damp portion. In other words she'll be bottom feeding from the soil. I hope I can save her.

IMG_2014073024_4_.jpg

IMG_2014073024_3_.jpg

Reg, when you go to the garden center, ask them if they have any discarded 5 or 10 gallon nursery pots. If they sell plants, they most likely do. If they are not free, they should be pretty close to it. That is the city, so who knows.

I almost wish I could go with you to see you face.

Did you manage to get the hood rat from under the tree? :rofl: :roorrip:
Well Scotty, I set the alarm clock for 4:00am to go downstairs and visit the Magic Tree. When I last looked on Tues evening I only noticed one seedling. This morning I saw three! I feel like I'm in the Urban Cannabis version of "Jack and the Beanstalk" without the evil Giant.

Good thing I rescued them because they weren't looking to happy.

STREET GIRLS aka HOOD RATS #6, #7, and #8
(Unknown Strains) Day 1

IMG_2014073116_1_1.jpg

IMG_2014073116_2_.jpg

Thanks for the pic of them under the tree I have been wanting to see the tree propagator for a while how does no1 else notice these babies they stand out so much I know its nyc and everyone is so self occupied but come on but really :bong: there rather large for 2days growing should put all the street dwellers on the fire escape they clearly like the sun and bit of shade :roorrip: who needs a reveg when you find mj plants on such a regular basis :rofl: :roorrip:

Subbed :)
I really can't wait to see how yours turn out! :yummy:
Welcome aboard Danker.

Scotty, You know what I think? It's just not something folks have an eye for when they're walking. Now if it was a 10 dollar bill it wouldn't last on the sidewalk 2 minutes. Under a tree it looks like no more than the little weeds that usually grow there unless you're paying attention (Which I do every since I found the first plant I ever grew under that same tree).
As for what you call 2 days of growth, the other two probably were already their but too small to notice without inspection. You don't want to stop and stare so someone else can come behind you wondering what you were looking at and figure out we have a Magic Tree on the block.
Once it's discovered I'll never get another plant.

Back
Top Bottom