New City Grower 2.0

I have ordered ladybugs online before, also bought them at a garden center. I don't think I will ever spray anything for bugs again. I've also heard you can get a package of mini praying mantis, a friend used them and said they were great :)

...:sorry:, didn't intend to offer unsolicited advise...one of my pet hates, realised I'd done that after I read it again after posting it. Would really have had to remove the entire post if I was to live up to my own expectations of others...

By way of excuse, I have read several completed journals references to killing insects on some peoples plants in here, ladybugs, what we call Katydid's many of lace wing family of insects, and they're mostly insectivorous, and a gardener's friend not foe, and well...I like to fix stuff, im a boy it's my job...and then Im fixing stuff that aint broke! :)

...this gear is fucking amazing....if you want couchlok...smoke and go sit on a couch...if you want creativity, smoke and go create...if you want philosophical discussion, smoke and go philosophise...just don't expect to actually do anything, it ain't gunna happen..but boy you have some fun along the way...:):):)

I think Im going to have to track this one back to its source..and grow some...stoned..creative...inspired...stop now

Hey GardenFaerie, you probably already know, but if you can find some ladybirds/ladybugs (dunno what you call them over there) they love spider mites and aphids, I mean love to eat...One ladybug can consume 1000 aphids in 24 hours! I'd encourage any grower to find where and when the ladybugs inhabit your area, and keep it in mind just in case of. Your neighbours' rose garden is a damn fine place to start!

I like the fact you using something natural for your insect problem though...:goodjob:

Can I ask everyone as i don't know, are there any implications for foliar spraying of the potassium on GardenFaerie's plants....the brown colouring and lack of growth....It's just a thought Garden, and I don't know, imagine you've already looked at it...I dunno anything, but just an observation based on what you said...trying unsuccessfully to be helpful!

Lady bugs rock!!

Awe, that fan is so cute! Does it make a lot of noise? I guess it wouldn't matter to me, but you are in tighter quarters.

How long did it take Laverne to reveg after last time you did that? My husband insisted I keep the plants I harvested and see if they'll reveg, but autos...pfft. And I know you never grew them. I don't know many people who do (in real life).

Awe, that fan is so cute! Does it make a lot of noise? I guess it wouldn't matter to me, but you are in tighter quarters.

How long did it take Laverne to reveg after last time you did that? My husband insisted I keep the plants I harvested and see if they'll reveg, but autos...pfft. And I know you never grew them. I don't know many people who do (in real life).
Hi ya Gardenfaerie,
Reg is probably partying "St. Patty" style. LOL So thought I would pop a quick answer to ya...
On the small fans, they are like whisper quiet. I have 4 of them, can't hear them until I stand right next to them and even then it's really quiet. :thumb:

Oh, and they can be adjusted up down, all around. Turn them where you need them without moving them.

By popular demand from my 420 friends I've decided to keep LAVERNE around for at least one more round. With that said here's her 2nd harvest at Day 159 / Day 92 under 12/12. She's been chopped and placed back into the Veg tent to start her 2nd Re-Veg.

IMG_20140317_170737.jpg

IMG_20140317_173839.jpg

IMG_20140317_173944.jpg

IMG_20140317_182011.jpg

Weighing in wet at 71.3 grams

IMG_20140317_182205.jpg

IMG_20140317_184811.jpg

Also I made another boo-boo and accidentally snapped one of the limbs on QUEEN THAI (Wild Thailand). It may look like a super-crop but she's not ready for that. So I bandaged her up.

IMG_20140317_172714.jpg

IMG_20140317_173037.jpg

Off to the Village for my yearly Irish bar hopping extravaganza. I'm taking a bag of STACK A. DOLLAR with me.

Thank you Reg,

I'm all eyes and ears for the Laverne re-veg V2.0. Fascinating.

Congrats on the harvest. A worthwhile scoop you got there.

Along with my own experience, I think finishing the lower bud is always the way to go.

so that's about 17 dry grams, right? that's much less than the untouched plant which was around 30 grams. I forget, did they get similar veg times?

IMG_20140317_152903.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I think it like one I have been looking at on slezzbay does it do the job cause my area has started to really heat up
I have one small fan but it ws still in the high 80s
Have a brilliant day Reg best of buds to y bro :circle-of-love:

Ladybirds are great :thumb: i grabbed the girst ones in see in my garden so handy for iinsect infestations also gf i use soap on my pepper plants roses etc in the garden but with cannabis i wouldnt recomend it and your plants seem to prove my theory as to y in brief thc is a oil so a soap based solution may wash away the early oils producing inthe leafs and clean off the thc? this is my oppinion dont want to hijack this thread but i am interested in other peoples views so hit me up on my sig if anyone would like a discussion on this.
I am growing autos they are real fussy fukers but rewardin with there speed

Congrats on the bud and reveg bar not been around long but read lavernes back story and its truly class rags too riches story so glad your taking her for another round always good too have character makes growing so much more interesting if i knew how too give rep id be sending it your way :bong:

how do i give rep someone??

Hey Scottish

I think Jimmy meant to type 'star' referring to the little black star icon lower left of each post.

click the one on the post you'd like to give reps and you're good.

I don't think soap would be an issue if used on cannabis, the resin is difficult to remove just using soap

I have to resort to rubbing alcohol to get it of me fingers.

so that's about 17 dry grams, right? that's much less than the untouched plant which was around 30 grams. I forget, did they get similar veg times?
:rocker:

Back
Top Bottom