New City Grower 2.0

Hey Scottish

I think Jimmy meant to type 'star' referring to the little black star icon lower left of each post.

click the one on the post you'd like to give reps and you're good.

I don't think soap would be an issue if used on cannabis, the resin is difficult to remove just using soap

I have to resort to rubbing alcohol to get it of me fingers.

Thank's BB.It's fixed.:thumb:

I should explain something about fatty acids. There is something called insecticidal soap. You can do a search for it. It is a contact pesticide for use on soft bodied insects and some harder bodied insects. It only works if you get it directly on the insect. It is completely certified organic. Here is a link to information: Insect Control: Soaps and Detergents

HEY gardenfaerie...I like that you are using soap for control...are you using store bought insecticidal soap or dish soap? I prefer dish soap because it is less toxic and effective if full coverage is achieved. As far as the problems you are having it could be the mixture rate. Soap and oils can be very effective but they can also be phototoxic (blocking the process of photosynthesis) if mixed to strong. I use a few drops of dish soap in a gallon of water.

Edit: Also are you sure of the insects you are trying to control? Is it mites or aphids or both? Soap will work on both insects but because they are very different the method of application is very important. Mites are a sucking and piercing feeder...Mites will be easy to control with just dish soap as they do not fly and reside mainly on the underside of leaves. Applying the diluted soap to mostly just the underside of the leaves will suffocate the insects. Aphids are different

If you let me know which insects you are trying to control I may be able to help

Sorry to post all this here, just trying to help

Hope you had a great St. Paddys Reg :thumb:

My Mrs just said...and I quote "I ALWAYS WONDERED IF YOU COULD DO THAT INSTEAD OF TAKING CLONES" to be honest I always wondered that, I mean it would grow so fast if it still had all them roots

In the voice of Ralph Crampton; "AH HA! You think you got me all figured out Alice" ...

Nice buds B A R :goodjob: I buy 1000 lady bugs at nursery for 7 bucks (us $) Here's one in action, killing a worm, I have way too many moths around, if you a moth near your plant, you could already have worm eggs, ESPECIALLY when flowering.

KillerLadyBug.jpg
LadyBugKill.jpg
ladybugEatsInchworm.jpg

Hey all. My humidifiers arrived today. I think I only need just the one for the Veg tent now though. The temps & RH were perfect in the Bloom tent when I walked in and I haven't used the wet towel method in 2 days. I think the new fan played a part in it by circulating the warmer humid air from the top of the tent.

This is the meter in the Bloom tent.

IMG_20140318_182645.jpg

Here's the new humidifiers & the one I opened & put into the Veg tent. I removed the "Wick set-up" to see if my new toy can keep the RH up in the 40 to 60 percentile by itself. Also I plugged it into the timer because there's a lead light that circles the settings dial.

IMG_20140318_171210.jpg

IMG_20140318_173108.jpg

IMG_20140318_173318.jpg

I'll give the meter readings after it's been in there long enough to make a difference.

Thanxx John.

The RH is now steady in the Veg tent. It's bouncing between 49 & 56%. The humidifier is the answer.

IMG_20140318_230335.jpg

So, keeping in mind that I am not a grower, I have a question that may seem like a no-brainer... Is the concern about humidity that is too high because of an impact on the plants health or more because it increases the chance of mold and the like which would then impact the plant? :loopy: Does that make sense?

Back
Top Bottom