My First Journal: GG#4 In DWC & Soil

I'm in! Never grown dwc, just dtw but dont worry about my rez temp with the enzyme added. Plants looking great!
Thanks for stopping in. Growing in soil for a while, I got bored and wanted to expand my knowledge on the different methods of growing. Soil is my go-to at the moment but the DWC is really something else. As long as the grow is successful and I am pretty confident it will, I see myself making the jump over to hydroponics. Once I get a nice routine going too, things will be a million times better too.

You should give coco a look too, it's the best of both worlds. DWC looks like a lot of fun though, dont get me wrong. :passitleft:
I was thinking about making the move from soil to coco before trying DWC. I have been growing for a little while now so I am sure after a few runs in DWC, I'll get bored and want to try something new. I know each medium has their pros and cons.

I personally hated Coco...way too much work and I struggled with getting the nutes right

Wasn't for me at all
I thought I would never turn away from soil. Here I am....I'll probably try it just to see how I like it.

I've done it all..kinda

I'm re trying soil now alongside my DWC
Hempy was my go-to for awhile, then tried DWC and loved it

DWC isn't condusive to testing a bunch of strains, like I am now, where I usually will do Hempy. But the HP soil and Mega Crop seems like a good testing medium for my needs this Genetics testing grow

Never had much cleaning issues in my DWC, but the constant maintenance, watering, with Coco sucked assssssss

Lol

DWC is easy,now RDWC would be more work as far as cleaning, DWC, pull plant, put into fresh bucket, rinse old bucket....done

I'll get a picture up tomorrow morning but the DWC GG#4 is looking even better then she did a little more then 24 hours ago. I believe the adjusted PH and the upped PPM levels fixed this. Both plants are growing nicely. Soil plant has responded well since being up-potted. I expect to be topping both plants this week with the res change. I'll be popping some screws in the lid or something along those line to help with LST when the time comes. Main-lining could also be at play.

Hey DWC growers.....does acid rain ever play a role in your grow? I see it mentioned in the one chart to use to correct problems. I wasnt sure if this is actually common or not.

Acid rain ?
There can be nute lock out to be sure if you don’t dose and ph correctly but I don’t know what you mean about acid rain ..
if I get nute lock out I may or may not flush and giver her a new bucket .
Rarely with weekly bucket changes

Acid rain ?
There can be nute lock out to be sure if you don’t dose and ph correctly but I don’t know what you mean about acid rain ..
if I get nute lock out I may or may not flush and giver her a new bucket .
Rarely with weekly bucket changes
I was referring to this chart.
1584997353672.png

That’s the hydro bible !
I rarely consult it now a days but I couldn’t have even imagined my first run without it .. you follow that and you won’t have any probs :)

That’s the hydro bible !
I rarely consult it now a days but I couldn’t have even imagined my first run without it .. you follow that and you won’t have any probs :)
Yea i have been sticking to it like the bible lol. By eye, seems like I am doing fine so far. A tad off track but everyone here corrected me fast. Small things like a light leak in my netting pot and such. I kept her alive almost 2 weeks now so i am doing something right. Slowly getting the hang of it but still not comfortable yet. Ill get there though...

Plant looking good this morning. GG#4 in soil is a little sad from her watering. Hour or 2 later and she will be back praying to the lights. DWC GG#4 doing her thing as well. Pointing, eating and drinking. It's amazing to see how much roots can grow in a 24 hours period.
90647797_641059369774461_3894288083264208896_n.jpg

On another note....I tossed some plants into flower. The Jack Herer and Tutankhamon will be going into flower in a few days as well. These 7 are under the TS-3000 from Mars-Hydro.
90537906_144188793637801_1207119757044613120_n.jpg

This might sounds silly.....Is there any certain way to train a plant in DWC? I figured it really wouldn't matter at all. But just wanted to make sure before I journey down that road. I know some strains do better to certain trainings.

I tossed my Jack Herer and Tutankhamon into my flower tent today. Maxed out with 9 plants in my 3x3. Between the 9, some are at 3 weeks and some just beginning to flower. I'll update on them every now and then so we can all watch them grow. I got big expectations for the Jack Herer and the Tutankhamon. I also have an auto going from New420GuySeeds. Only about 10 days old or so. My first attempt at an auto as well.

Back
Top Bottom