Munki's 2 x 4 Bubba Kush ScrOG Bondage

Munki, how much longer you planning on flowering. Im thinking 3 weeks. My soil plants are slightly behind yours. Btw, lookin real good man. I think they will thicken up a lot more

Calyx, yep that is what I meant. Think I will extend out flowering another two to three weeks of feeding then 10 days of water only.

I just happened to read and see a video on exactly that about 3 hours ago. The video was YouTube a med grower timelapse and he seemed pretty pleased with those. I know I always am.

Then I read an "Ask Ed" from like 2003 I think and the grower described exactly the same thing and Ed's answer was that it was heat stress from the bulb. It was the typical super short answer, but the tone made it sound like if it wasn't stressed the bud would fill in everywhere instead of just the shoots.

I don't know what to believe.

No heat stress for this winter grow for sure! I did some checking and I believe I may have been locking out the P and K running pH numbers of 6.2 and above. I was at 6.3 as of yesterday so I will be more aggressively be pushing down the pH to 5.8 - 5.9 when I get to 6.1 from here on out. When I take my daily measurement of the rez before adding water back to the fill level, my EC level is coming back significantly higher than it used to meaning more water than nutes is being used. That wasn't the case before so I hope lowering the pH will help the plants get all the nutes they need. The buds look too skinny but it is the first time I have grown the strain.

pump those nutes!! I 've come to relaize in my experience w/ this strain esspecially w/ this last run I ran it according to my Rainbow Kush needs and it came ut a lil more "fluffier" then normal..I had it at the most 1250 ppm. Where as, when I run this strain by itself I run 1800 - 2200 ppm at its peak and it loves it and has noissues with burning. Just a thought on how the Bubba likes her food, or at least my laides. So I would definetly pump the ppms up, but not drasticlly though. We know you got your skillz down and know what you are doing. So all I can reallys say is :clap: :clap: that scrog and what you've done w/ the strain is just amazing!!

pump those nutes!! I 've come to relaize in my experience w/ this strain esspecially w/ this last run I ran it according to my Rainbow Kush needs and it came ut a lil more "fluffier" then normal..I had it at the most 1250 ppm. Where as, when I run this strain by itself I run 1800 - 2200 ppm at its peak and it loves it and has noissues with burning. Just a thought on how the Bubba likes her food, or at least my laides. So I would definetly pump the ppms up, but not drasticlly though. We know you got your skillz down and know what you are doing. So all I can reallys say is :clap: :clap: that scrog and what you've done w/ the strain is just amazing!!

Always appreciate your guidance Butch. The trick is to have the right nutrient blend that gets to that concentration. Did you go that high with GH Flora nutes and if so, what was the milliliters added per gallon of reservoir of each component when at the 1800 - 2200 ppm level. Oh yeah, since there are different TDS scales commonly used, can you convert your reading to EC to clarify? On my meter, 1800 - 2200 PPM would be 3.60 to 4.40 EC. For other meters, those PPMs could be 2.57 to 3.14 EC. Big difference in concentrations so that is why I avoid using PPM readings in forum posts as I don't want to accidentally give the wrong advise to someone.

I'm hoping that keeping down the pH will make the P and K more available to the plants as that is what I have in higher concentrations in the rez.

Always appreciate your guidance Butch. The trick is to have the right nutrient blend that gets to that concentration. Did you go that high with GH Flora nutes and if so, what was the milliliters added per gallon of reservoir of each component when at the 1800 - 2200 ppm level. Oh yeah, since there are different TDS scales commonly used, can you convert your reading to EC to clarify? On my meter, 1800 - 2200 PPM would be 3.60 to 4.40 EC. For other meters, those PPMs could be 2.57 to 3.14 EC. Big difference in concentrations so that is why I avoid using PPM readings in forum posts as I don't want to accidentally give the wrong advise to someone.

I'm hoping that keeping down the pH will make the P and K more available to the plants as that is what I have in higher concentrations in the rez.

2.5-2.7 on my e.c. I'll say in e.c value from now on. I ran last batch using h&G but going back to previous notes I would have to say it was the lower e.c that cause it. Cause the bubba came out just as good as usual just didnt hav ethe density as normal..

2.5-2.7 on my e.c. I'll say in e.c value from now on. I ran last batch using h&G but going back to previous notes I would have to say it was the lower e.c that cause it. Cause the bubba came out just as good as usual just didnt hav ethe density as normal..

1285 - 1571 would be the PPMs you suggest if read from my meter and I do work in that range using elevated Kool Bloom to 10 ml/gal. We are in sync my friend ;)

cool. I'm gald to see. cause man your scrog is FAT to say the least. i dont know how you controlled the fan learfs like you did.

They did that pretty much on their own. Some budsets exist below the canopy as the top buds have all those extra leaves to collect the light. There is some crowding of leaves but not too bad. Trying to feed the canopy as much air as I can. Think I'll add a fan to aid in fresh air penetration.

Just read through both journals, and i am super impressed. i hope i do as good as you do, i have the same light and space as you, but plan on a lot more plants. do you think that you could put more plants in that space without effecting yield?

Just read through both journals, and i am super impressed. i hope i do as good as you do, i have the same light and space as you, but plan on a lot more plants. do you think that you could put more plants in that space without effecting yield?

It would be my hope that if more plants were added that I could affect the yield as I would want more buds! :Rasta:

I know what you mean though. Yes, I could get more production out of the space but I get enough for the patient's needs. I like the extra space for experimentation but once a method is decided upon, production efficiencies can be increased. Plant spacing depends on yield and grow method from what I've read with no more than 4 plant per square foot.

Here are the latest pics. Added the oscillating fan that can be seen to the extreme left of the first shot tonight. Hoping to aid in getting air into and underneath the canopy more.

2010-02-07_01.jpg

2010-02-07_02.jpg

2010-02-07_03.jpg

2010-02-07_04.jpg

2010-02-07_05.jpg

2010-02-07_06.jpg

Back
Top Bottom