Mr. Cooper's 2024 Grow Journal In RDWC Under L.E.D.

Retireegrower

Strains: 1 AcaiBerry Gelato, 1 Jamaican Lion X Maui Wowie, and 2 Mango Kush
Genetic Makeup: Hybrids (2 Sativa dominant and Mango Kush Indica dominant)
Pot/Bucket size: 13 gallon hydro buckets filled up to around the 10 gallon level with an additional 10 gallon reservoir outside tent
Tent size: 4' X 4'
Grow space 10 X 10 room
How many plants: 4
Environment: Indoor
Stage: Early Veg
Medium: Water (RDWC)
Lights: 1-600 watt HLG
Nutrients: General Hydroponics
Room/tent Temperature: 75-80*
Relative Humidity: 50%
Media/Res: PH 6.0
Pest: None
Watering: Continuously

20240629_081318.jpg

20240629_081325.jpg

20240629_081649.jpg

20240629_081702.jpg

20240708_172400.jpg

20240708_172410.jpg

20240709_060426.jpg

20240709_060431.jpg

20240715_063658.jpg

20240715_063703.jpg

The first pics were taken June 29th. That was the first day inside the tent inside the hydro buckets. The last 2 were taken July 15. I will attach recent photos taken last night after topping and taking off a few leaves at the bottom. Plants are barely over 2 weeks old.
Hoping all you experienced growers will cut me some slack. Last time I grew was in 1980. Moved to Arizona where it was extremely illegal so no grow. In 87 had to quit consuming altogether. Hated it.
Been a dream of mine for all these long years to someday be able to grow and wanted to do it hydroponically. Going to be a steep learning curve, so please bear with me.
I'm trying real hard.

20240715_063724.jpg

20240716_062024.jpg

20240716_062028.jpg

20240716_062032.jpg

20240716_062035.jpg

20240716_184324.jpg

20240716_184326.jpg

20240716_184328.jpg

20240716_184331.jpg

20240716_184333.jpg

Sorry you saying GH Nutrients tell me little to nothing ..
I like 5.7 Ph better and check PH everyday Use the droplet's or the Blue Lab PH pen and my as well buy the E?C TDS PPM stick with PH pen as save a couple bucks.
You failed to mention reservoir temps and not sure if you mentioned reservoir capacity or not ?
No issues for one plant to use 3 to 4 gallon a day in water .....
Now you know why I use big reservoirs is so I can not wory for a couple days considering i have 7 RDWC systems in operation at this moment.

This is important
I use silica gold . better read up silica in hydroponics, You can get PH spikes and I experience these spikes in my RDWC systems.
Your Hydroponic system has to supply everything in it the plant would get from growing in soil .
Top soil is 50% silica 5% nutrients and made up of a of bunch minerals which is called micronutrients THAT CAN ONLY BE ASORBED AT CERTAIN PH's
Silica there is two kinds super strong plants ,, makes your plants resistant to powdery mildew and insects and from breaking and bending over and with the uptake of macro and micronutrient.

Safe nutrient

Generally, silica is a safe nutrient to use in hydroponic gardening. Contrary to what many believe, silica improves the immunity of hydroponically grown plants by forming a barrier in the plant’s cell walls. Thus, it protects vegetables from plant diseases, environmental stressors like drought and salt, and pests.

And you need something like Hydroguard and you need it right away .

20240621_114215.jpg

20240528_174929.jpg

I like 5.7 Ph better and check PH everyday Use the droplet's or the Blue Lab PH pen and my as well buy the E?C TDS PPM stick with PH pen as save a couple bucks.
You failed to mention reservoir temps and not sure if you mentioned reservoir capacity or not ?
Now you know why I use big reservoirs is so I can not wory for a couple days considering i have 7 RDWC systems in operation at this moment.

This is important
I use silica gold . better read up silica in hydroponics, You can get PH spikes and I experience these spikes in my RDWC systems.
Your Hydroponic system has to supply everything in it the plant would get from growing in soil .
Top soil is 50% silica 5% nutrients and made up of a of bunch minerals which is called micronutrients THAT CAN ONLY BE ASORBED AT CERTAIN PH's
Silica there is two kinds super strong plants ,, makes your plants resistant to powdery mildew and insects and from breaking and bending over and with the uptake of macro and micronutrient.

Safe nutrient

Generally, silica is a safe nutrient to use in hydroponic gardening. Contrary to what many believe, silica improves the immunity of hydroponically grown plants by forming a barrier in the plant’s cell walls. Thus, it protects vegetables from plant diseases, environmental stressors like drought and salt, and pests.

20240621_114215.jpg

20240528_174929.jpg
Holy Roots Batman!!! 😱

This is important

Safe nutrient

20240621_114215.jpg

20240528_174929.jpg
Jiggylotus,
Thanks for the input. I will study on it. I am adding some silica and hydroguard. Probably not in the right amounts. i have the Ph and EC/PPM blue lab pens and am trying to understand and use them as intended.
Last time I grew it was in the dirt, fed water from the garden hose that was laying on the ground. As far as nutrients we added a little "Miracle Grow" now and then. And as for training, we topped the plant about every time it got 3 nodes or sets of leaves. That was the extent of my knowledge at the time. Crop turned out pretty good, but nothing to what you all are growing nowadays. By the way, your plant looks AMAZING.
So, bear with me. I'm old, but Trying to learn.
(I've probably watched 150 or more hours of videos trying to figure out what to do, not trying to sort thru and put it in practice)

Jiggylotus,
Thanks for the input. I will study on it. I am adding some silica and hydroguard. Probably not in the right amounts. i have the Ph and EC/PPM blue lab pens and am trying to understand and use them as intended.
Last time I grew it was in the dirt, fed water from the garden hose that was laying on the ground. As far as nutrients we added a little "Miracle Grow" now and then. And as for training, we topped the plant about every time it got 3 nodes or sets of leaves. That was the extent of my knowledge at the time. Crop turned out pretty good, but nothing to what you all are growing nowadays. By the way, your plant looks AMAZING.
So, bear with me. I'm old, but Trying to learn.
(I've probably watched 150 or more hours of videos trying to figure out what to do, not trying to sort thru and put it in practice)
You mean @Zeefarmer 😉

This is important

Safe nutrient

20240621_114215.jpg

20240528_174929.jpg

I have that same RDWC system and love it. Let me know if you have any questions.

I have that same RDWC system and love it. Let me know if you have any questions.
Right on. I think the system is awesome. But, steep learning curve is just getting started for me. I have questions. Mostly based on trying to survive growing in July, middle of the desert in Phoenix Arizona, poor in line water cooler running constantly (I'll be testing the 3 year warranty I'm sure), no R.O. water do ppm starts out around 800. WTF. I'm in the pool, in the deep end, dog paddling, so far, so good.

Right on. I think the system is awesome. But, steep learning curve is just getting started for me. I have questions. Mostly based on trying to survive growing in July, middle of the desert in Phoenix Arizona, poor in line water cooler running constantly (I'll be testing the 3 year warranty I'm sure), no R.O. water do ppm starts out around 800. WTF. I'm in the pool, in the deep end, dog paddling, so far, so good.
800 PPM's tap water is bad .

Been wanting to start training my plants but was unsure of how to get the branches to lay our without the ability to poke a rod into soil or drill holes into the top of my buckets (light leaks). So I bought some 1/8" aluminum rods & attached them to the branches with velcro straps. The straps are not tight to the branches just there to direct the branches to follow. They also give the ability to twist so that every other branch isn't exactly above each other. Hopefully it all works out is reality as well as it did inside my brain. 🧠 I should know by end of the day tomorrow I guess.

20240718_190739(0).jpg

20240718_190739.jpg

20240718_190729.jpg

20240718_190713.jpg

20240718_190708.jpg

20240718_182752.jpg

20240718_182749.jpg

20240718_182745.jpg

Back
Top Bottom