Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:circle-of-love: it will work, Stoney, wait for the result in two weeks.:high-five:
Thanks for the reply I am new and trying to learn as much as I can. I have a 400 watt HPS that I run next to my new 60x5w 300 watt Mars led in a grow a tent 38x38x79. The HPS is about 12 inch away and the led is about 10. They have about 2 weeks left. I got the led like 7 days ago so I hope I got it in time to help

QUOTE=LEDBud;2611891]I was thinking with the glass removed the unit would run cooler although my panels do not have a heat problem. If the glass was removed and they were left exposed to the elements the LED chips would eventually get coated in dust and mist. That will reduce the light transmittance to a measurable level. The glass must pass about 99.9999999999 % of the light now. I say that as reflectors for flashlights are advertised as having 98.3% light transmittance.
[/QUOTE]

:bravo: that's truly exciting to know, thank you lexblaze. :thumb:
2.5 years and my old 3w reflectors are still going good :D has survived many Australian summers where the temps have hit over 104f+

Hey there 420 friends and fellow Mars-Hydro users. I just moved my Girl Scout Cookies mother into my flowering tent and will be flowering her out under Mars-Hydro LED's.
After tying her down she's 44" wide so this should be both fun and challenging as I'm sure she's going to be trying to push my lights up through the ceiling of my tent.

15967.jpg
19240.jpg
20200.jpg

We'll see how she likes her new pot and the LED's.
I'll try to remember to post an update or 2 as things progress. This should be fun. :)

In the meantime, take care and keep your plants green and your headlights shining red!
:rollit::tokin::peace:

:thumb: great job, Uncle, time to waiting for another harvest. :circle-of-love::cheer:
Hey there 420 friends and fellow Mars-Hydro users. I just moved my Girl Scout Cookies mother into my flowering tent and will be flowering her out under Mars-Hydro LED's.
After tying her down she's 44" wide so this should be both fun and challenging as I'm sure she's going to be trying to push my lights up through the ceiling of my tent.

15967.jpg
19240.jpg
20200.jpg

We'll see how she likes her new pot and the LED's.
I'll try to remember to post an update or 2 as things progress. This should be fun. :)

In the meantime, take care and keep your plants green and your headlights shining red!
:rollit::tokin::peace:

That sounds good for your 4x8 space.
My reasons is the light formula used for for led's is 30-50w per sq ft 50w being more desirable and used for flowering in my opinion.

The 1200w Mars II panels consume about 600w each 1200w divided by the 4x8 floor space works out to 37w per sq ft

Two 1600w panels in that space works out 50w a sq ft

I believe they actually tell you that HID lights do well under 50w a sq ft and LED's do well under 30w a sq ft.

Many people like to use 50w a sq ft for leds in flower to maximize speed and size but 37w a sq ft is still very good for LED's.

If your plants are away from the sides of the tent by 15cm on all four sides the 1200w panels would be outputting more like 42w per sq ft in the reduced space.

Thats a good question I think the 1600w/800w draw leds output the same heat as a 600w HID light its just not coming from the the bulb its coming off the back of the panel on LED's and is less of a threat to your plants.

I read that LED's are 20% cooler but do not have bulb heat per say.

Back
Top Bottom