Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hi Guys, hopefully someone can help me out here.

I use a 150w reflector led in summer time where I am as the room temp is generally a constant 27c / 80f.

As winter is aproaching I need to buy a new light to keep my grow box in the 25deg range (room temps where I grow will be between 10-15deg (50-60f).

My grow space is 2ft x 2ft x 5ft - can someone tell me weather the old 300w led or 400w mars 2 would be better to bring my temps up 10deg in that space? How much more heat does the mars2 400w put off in comparison to the 150w reflector? Double ? more?

Does anyone grow in a similar size space with one of the above lights?

Thanks.

The Mars II 400W will generate more heat. It will also provide better penetration. I don't have your model reflector, but I have both kinds of lights. I really like the reflector series. I like the way the light mixes, or 'throws', better, but the 5W diodes are just stronger.

Short answer, if you need more heat, get the Mars II

Need advice please.

Im new into growing but it has always been my dream to grow my own supply..

Now to my question.

Could i expect a decent and reasonable growth of a 400 w mars 2 led light?
How many would i be able to grow at a time?

I plan to grow it in a grow tent, what size of the grow tent would you recommend for a 400w led?

Is 1 400w Mars hydro led enough to grow ?
Would you recommend me to get a stronger light?
My budget is tight but if its a big diffrence in terms of quality of the havrest, i will probably consider going for the stronger light.

Thank you.

Depends on how you grow them. I grow one plant under a Mars II 400. Each plant has ~2' x 2' of floor space, ie the light covers that much too. My plants veg for ~4-5 weeks after they are well established clones, so they are not small plants.

we are trying to find the UVB light to add in our spectrum as well, but it is now not avaible. :volcano-smiley: Now there is only UVA lights in LED. Sincerely hope the technology will developed faster and we can use the UVB led lights sooner. :peace: In the mean time, if you guys have any advices on which company has UVB led lights, I am all ears. :circle-of-love:
For the white lights, we will not remove it. Though it seems not important, it is. There is plenty useful lights' colors mixed in the white light that is useful for plants' growth. Like we need vitamins, plants need white light. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I was going to say something similar to all the UV discussions. Sara had said this before. There are no UVB LEDs available and the plants don't need the UVA so much.

For me, this is the only shortcoming of LEDs, but I still get great trichomes, so I'm OK with it.

Photos sharing time! :cheer::cheer:
For our new sun series, we have made some adjustments based on our friends's test feedback. :love: See below picture, we add the close quarter bracket. The light will be more firmly hanged, less swing, if you hang it with the bracket. :circle-of-love:
QQ_20150129151156.jpg

We also keep the brass hooks, so if you like to hang the light with the hooks, it will be also OK.
QQ_20150129150629.jpg

The bracket is firmly fixed by screw on the both sides of the lights, rest assured that you will use it safely. :Namaste:
QQ_20150129150629.jpg

As the feedback says, it will be more conviniently if there is an on/off switch, therefore we add one for you. Cheers! :cheer:
QQ_20150129151222.jpg

Also the fans and heat sink is inproved. :volcano-smiley:

Any one has more advices, please tell us. :cheesygrinsmiley: We will adjust more if it is practical and useful. Even if we cannot modify this time, we will try to improve our lights in the future production. :thanks:

I'm very happy to see the daisy chain plug :thumb:
Question about the switch, does it turn off just that light, but leave the daisy chain live? Or does it turn off all the lights down the chain?

I'm not sure how this mount makes much difference. Am I missing something? :hmmmm:

If they added that mount onto the smaller mars lights that have a diamond pattern for hanging then it would make a difference, but I too don't see anything different in the hanging setup.

With the last light I got I did notice they changed the hangers themselves a little. Still use my yoyo hangers though.

I&I

I like the new additions to your light(s), but I don't like the infrared leds. I read that they're inefficient and produce mostly heat. it's weird that leds don't produce ultraviolet light. we never stop learning.

Thanks for the help johnnie, im actually growing in coco & perlite mix the 2 smaller bushes are cannatonic about 4 weeks in & are lacking nitrogen i feed all my plants the same nutes cause i grow indicas & they take less then the cannatonics they just need a bit more nitrogen, as far as the others they're at 7 weeks flower so its a natural yellowing basically most everything in there is done about 1 week to go & now just getting water theres only 2 that i just put in 3 weeks ago.

It sucks cause im super low on meds, i never buy any i only smoke what i grow so i had to throw these in very early but have many seedlings & clones in veg now going in in about a month i usually finish my plants out around 2 feet with the 400w hps but plan on going a bit bigger now that i have the mars since it should penatrate more.

cant wait to experiment with auto flowers under the Mars too.

I've started a new journal with my 24 Mars II 400's :)

Hiker's Basement 2.0

View_out_from_flower.jpg

As said by other I'm so envious as I only have 6-400w lamps so far. So I need engineer 161 to share his icon base so I can post his drooling icon. LOL. I'm going to tour your journal. So with a total of >4000w draw power are you planning on supplying the entire west coast, ha ha? Thanks for posting and have a great day. Dan.

As said by other I'm so envious as I only have 6-400w lamps so far. So I need engineer 161 to share his icon base so I can post his drooling icon. LOL. I'm going to tour your journal. So with a total of >4000w draw power are you planning on supplying the entire west coast, ha ha? Thanks for posting and have a great day. Dan.

It's just under 4800W with both sides lit (each Mars II 400 is ~192 actual draw). Currently, Flower A is dark. I'm still working on getting my cycle right for perpetual. I am working on it, but it will take a couple more cycles I fear. There is a learning curve setting up any system. :morenutes:

It actually doesn't produce as much as you think. I'm not going to quote rates over time as I'm still adjusting to get both sides perfectly synced. I do help other patients, but it's not many people. The bulk of this gets turned into concentrates, so there is not a lot of end product. Information about yields is very helpful for other growers, so I provide some numbers in my journal. There are sooooo many variables though. :winkyface:

I only posted here as my whole flowering room is now Mars II. :love:

Everyone is welcome to my journal (link is in my signature). I'm a nerd, so I talk about my equipment and/or techniques a lot. I often post after medicating :roorrip: so I also tend to ramble. :rofl:

I've got plants in various stages, but I'm taking clones this weekend, so I will be chronicling a whole cycle.

Thanks Sara
:circle-of-love::passitleft::roorrip::bongrip:
I love my TopLEDs :thumb:

I still have my 2 of the reflector style I'm planning to use for more veg area. That will be in the journal too. Eventually... :rofl:

Thanks, I plan on building my own area in a few months after I move, but I will probably pester you with questions if you wouldn't mind? The previous bit about supply was just a joke to underline how impressed I was at your journal "Hikers Basement 2.0". Thanks again for sharing your ideas and knowledge. Dan

Thanks, I plan on building my own area in a few months after I move, but I will probably pester you with questions if you wouldn't mind? The previous bit about supply was just a joke to underline how impressed I was at your journal "Hikers Basement 2.0". Thanks again for sharing your ideas and knowledge. Dan

I love talking about growing :)

Hello Mekoz, I do not use the hotmail email address anymore. Please send the email again to this address: info@mars-hydro.com. :circle-of-love:
By the way, welcome to 420 family. :420:
Hi Sara,

I'm very interested in purchasing a MarsHydro Reflector 450W 144*3W LED Grow Light. I sent an email to sara-lgled@hotmail.com as im unable to pm. I'm also wondering about the UK ebay shop, are both marshydro-uk and lgledsolutionslimited-uk yours?

Kind regards

Your lights are shipped out Jedthedog :cheesygrinsmiley: you will get them very soon.:high-five:
Thank you all for your information about growing with the LED lights from Mars Hydro.. After following this thread and going with a recommendation from Co Finest I made a decision to go with 3 of the reflector 144 x 3 for my 5 x 5 tent, and to also be used on our veggie,s that we grow for our table..

What about AU stock ? :)

Updated on AU stock: :cheesygrinsmiley:

MZ-400-80X5W 24
MZ-700W-140X5W 18
MZ-900W-180X5W 19
MZ-1200W-240X5W 28
MH-300-100LED 31
MH-600-200LED 24
MH-150-48LED 27
MH-300-96LED 17
MH-450-144LED 15
MH-600-192LED 17

:Namaste:
I got the mars II 700 hooked up for flower i cant wait to get some decent size plants into flower in a few weeks & see what this light will do
IMG_54893.JPG

Good evening JohnnieJC3 :thanks:
You will be pleasantly surprised, I sure wish I would of went for it instead of just beta testing the light. I knew the yield would suffer(had three plants, and ended up with 1, my favorite plant that I was sure was female, turned out MALE). I ended up with two ounces of superb smoke, which would cost you an arm and a leg at your local CC. I was pretty bummed at first, (almost 4 months for 2 zips(only 23 inches tall tho'), was hoping for three, I knew right away not a QP plant). The experience was worth it, but I should of been more patient in the beginning. I should easily get a QP (2x2x5) this round(an ounce per square foot), heavy yielder so hoping for 5ish, maybe 6, anything above 112g is double last round and will only be around 3 months total time instead of 4.

How far along are you in fruiting phase, I see some yellowing and my first round, I experienced some PH fluctuation(no longer run FFOF as base). I would recommend if you haven't, add some garden lime(dolomite lime), even fox farm or roots claim oyster shell flour, it's not enough, I usually go 1 tablespoon per gallon of soil. The quality of the bagged soils are base at most, not enough nutrients, wormcastings, etc... I like roots organic for starters if your in a pinch(not as hot for young plants), or a simple peat/castings/perlite/dolomite lime as my base with a little kelp meal. I love organics, but I will say I've always wanted to do DWC for those crazy growth rates. I get explosive growth with soil so I could only imagine how fast they grow in H20. :volcano-smiley:

I'm very happy to see the daisy chain plug :thumb:
Question about the switch, does it turn off just that light, but leave the daisy chain live? Or does it turn off all the lights down the chain?

I'm not sure how this mount makes much difference. Am I missing something? :hmmmm:

Hello Hiker, the daisy chain will still be on when we turn the off switch. :circle-of-love:
For the mount (close quarter bracket), we added them because some friend suggested us that the light will be more fixed and stable, less swing to hange with it. It is not a big change but it will be useful.:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom