Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I just wanted to post a couple pics of my first grow. I am using 4 Mars COBs they are only in Veg and I got a staggered start, got some bad seeds but git it sorted out.
Plants 1 12 20 .jpg
SCBD CBD 1 12 20.jpg
Gold Leaf 1 12 20.jpg
Looks good, buddy. COB works great, right? Cree and Osram's chip, Meanwell's power supply, the combination can't go wrong. lol:D

I play star trek bridge commander on oculus quest, there are transporters on that and it feels very real , maybe ???!!!.lol
I play the SIMS, and meditation can also make people teleportation, but I can't, because it just puts me to sleep,lol:laugh:

Want to be a spaceman on a cannabis planet? ;)Light up your SP250, which will help you do that, because using it will make your plants grow more flourish:yahoo:

Recently, there are a lot of feedback pictures of SP250. A customer of commercial growth in the United States bought 310 SP250. I am looking forward to his feedback in the future, it must be very impressive:hookah:

We met some customers, especially commercial growing customers, who are interested in LED's ability to simulate sunrise and sunset. So I wonder how many people think this function is necessary.

@ Sara,

Please forgive my lack of understanding your question, I'm so sorry.

I was not thinking in the context you had asked.

@ Old Salt,

Yes exactly, and thank you for your understanding and clarifying Sara's thinking.

I don't think it's necessary, but is meant as a power saving measure for commercial growers. A place where I think variable lighting comes into it's own is a light with segments at different spectra, such as far red, deep red, and the blue/UV end of the spectrum.

What I'd do is use Meanwell drivers capable of resistance and PWM control. Mount the variable resistor on the light, and put a plug on the intensity control wire from the driver. Make the sunrise/sunset controller a separate item that can be plugged into multiple drivers for multiple lights. The cost of the lights with the external resistor for intensity would not change by much, and sunrise/sunset would be available for those that wanted it.

A note for your engineers...
A power relay must be included for several of the Meanwell drivers, as they won't turn the lights off completely.

@ Old Salt,

Yes exactly, and thank you for your understanding and clarifying Sara's thinking.

Just finished 5th week of Flower under my TSW2000. A nice sea of buds are swellin up!

Attachments

• 9BA2721B-AB6B-4361-A49B-3C35F93D184C.jpeg
    9BA2721B-AB6B-4361-A49B-3C35F93D184C.jpeg
    862.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 5F792FB1-A626-4978-8580-E4B322DD2384.jpeg
    5F792FB1-A626-4978-8580-E4B322DD2384.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 76
  • 38BE3D3A-E90B-4BF9-893A-AEFCD0706AE6.jpeg
    38BE3D3A-E90B-4BF9-893A-AEFCD0706AE6.jpeg
    892.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 39F8E564-226F-42C7-9EA9-473BD99A5CA4.jpeg
    39F8E564-226F-42C7-9EA9-473BD99A5CA4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
Just finished 5th week of Flower under my TSW2000. A nice sea of buds are swellin up!

@ DC,

Beautiful, you should not be disappointed. :)

My disabilities and age simply make hangers out of the question for me any more, I'm tired and it's a pain in the @ss up and down the set-ups, the 250"s drew me in :)

The warranty questions have been sorted and as I understand these come with a 3 year warranty.

I have no problem replacing a failed driver or board @ some point if needed within the warranty window @ these price point's

There is a weird bud in the lower left of your 2nd pix. I had a skunk bud do that once, it was totally crowded and overgrown, then rotted on the branch in the last week of flower, I think because it was so dense.

Hello, I'm using mars hydro TSL2000 in grow tent 2x4x6. My question is can I attach additional dimmer to this light ? Becouse now when I want to dim the lights I have to take it out from the tent and then manually adjust power with hands and then put light back to the tent. I found it to difficult since the tent is small. Would be easier to adjust the light without taking it out from the tent and I also don't trust my self on doing equally same on both ballasts with hand.
If it's not possible to connect it with extra dimmer could someone explain how to use it? In what high and on what power? I have just sprouted seed and other two is sprouting now. And one is two weeks old but very short. Some leaves looks like damaged I guess, don't know if from light. So the tent is 2x4x6 and pots are 16 inches in hight. Lights are right at the top of the tent and working with 50% power I think, not sure becouse had to adjust it with hand

Attachments

• IMG_20200112_130821.jpg
    IMG_20200112_130821.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20200114_011214.jpg
    IMG_20200114_011214.jpg
    917.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20200114_011200.jpg
    IMG_20200114_011200.jpg
    961 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20200114_011153.jpg
    IMG_20200114_011153.jpg
    950.8 KB · Views: 47
Hello, I'm using mars hydro TSL2000 in grow tent 2x4x5. My question is can I attach additional dimmer to this light ? Becouse now when I want to dim the lights I have to take it out from the tent and then manually adjust power with hands and then put light back to the tent. I found it to difficult since the tent is small. Would be easier to adjust the light without taking it out from the tent and I also don't trust my self on doing equally same on both ballasts with hand.
If it's not possible to connect it with extra dimmer could someone explain how to use it? In what high and on what power? I have just sprouted seed and other two is sprouting now. And one is two weeks old but very short. Some leaves looks like damaged I guess, don't know if from light. So the tent is 2x4x5 and pots are 16 inches in hight. Lights are right at the top of the tent and working with 50% power I think, not sure becouse had to adjust it with hand

No, you can't add an additional dimmer to the light. Your best option would be moving the drivers out of the tent. You'll need an extension cable for this.

There are two ways to balance the LED panels. You can use a light meter, or a power meter such as the Kill-A-Watt.

For a power meter, to get maximum intensity:
  • remove the protective caps from the adjustment holes in the drivers;
  • ensure both LED panels are connected to their drivers;
  • connect the power to the light;
  • turn down the intensity to the lowest setting on both drivers;
  • note the power used P0;
  • turn up the intensity to the maximum for one LED panel;
  • note the power used P1;
  • turn up the intensity to the maximum for the other LED panel;
  • note the power used P2;
  • P(LED1) = P1 - P0;
  • P(LED2) = P2 - P1;
  • if P(LED1) does not equal P(LED2), turn down the power for the higher LED to match the lower
You can use a similar process to set the power anywhere you want.

Using a light meter is fairly straight forward. Just let me know if you want me to walk you through it.

No, you can't add an additional dimmer to the light. Your best option would be moving the drivers out of the tent. You'll need an extension cable for this.

There are two ways to balance the LED panels. You can use a light meter, or a power meter such as the Kill-A-Watt.

For a power meter, to get maximum intensity:
  • remove the protective caps from the adjustment holes in the drivers;
  • ensure both LED panels are connected to their drivers;
  • connect the power to the light;
  • turn down the intensity to the lowest setting on both drivers;
  • note the power used P0;
  • turn up the intensity to the maximum for one LED panel;
  • note the power used P1;
  • turn up the intensity to the maximum for the other LED panel;
  • note the power used P2;
  • P(LED1) = P1 - P0;
  • P(LED2) = P2 - P1;
  • if P(LED1) does not equal P(LED2), turn down the power for the higher LED to match the lower
You can use a similar process to set the power anywhere you want.

Using a light meter is fairly straight forward. Just let me know if you want me to walk you through it.
Thank you very much for always answering our questions. You are so kind:thanks:

Hello, I'm using mars hydro TSL2000 in grow tent 2x4x6. My question is can I attach additional dimmer to this light ? Becouse now when I want to dim the lights I have to take it out from the tent and then manually adjust power with hands and then put light back to the tent. I found it to difficult since the tent is small. Would be easier to adjust the light without taking it out from the tent and I also don't trust my self on doing equally same on both ballasts with hand.
If it's not possible to connect it with extra dimmer could someone explain how to use it? In what high and on what power? I have just sprouted seed and other two is sprouting now. And one is two weeks old but very short. Some leaves looks like damaged I guess, don't know if from light. So the tent is 2x4x6 and pots are 16 inches in hight. Lights are right at the top of the tent and working with 50% power I think, not sure becouse had to adjust it with hand
@Old Salt has helped me to answer your question well, we do not recommend that you add an additional dimmer, just as old salt said, you can take the power off the light and leave it outside the tent, so that it will be convenient for you to adjust the light. Do you buy the TSL2000 that we have added the extension cord? If so, it should be convenient.

We have also considered the inconvenience of customer dimming the light, so we are considering adding an additional dimmer to the lights of TS and SP. As for the dimming scale, which one do you think is good? :Namaste:
Option 1: 25% 50% 75% 100%
Option 2: 40% 80% 100%

We have also considered the inconvenience of customer dimming the light, so we are considering adding an additional dimmer to the lights of TS and SP. As for the dimming scale, which one do you think is good? :Namaste:
Option 1: 25% 50% 75% 100%
Option 2: 40% 80% 100%

Continuous adjustment would be best.

Thank you for fast reply. How far the light have to be from seedlings and on what power ?
I will get a meter as you said to be sure if both ballasts works at the same power.
I have no extension cables for light. I got the light from AliExpress. It's my first grow. All plants are autoflowers.
Is there are ways to calculate what distance and light power has to be between light and plants depending on different grow stages?

Back
Top Bottom