Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

High all . hope everyone is well?

Thought I would supply an update on my 3 Autos that are growing under a Marshydro 48 reflector - biobizz soil and nutrients.

420-magazine-mobile1976356036.jpg

Sensi NL Auto day 14 - now topped
420-magazine-mobile1689537199.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1934934421.jpg

Fast buds Northern Express day 10

420-magazine-mobile763637219.jpg

420-magazine-mobile177413072.jpg

TH Seeds MK Ultra Day 5

420-magazine-mobile11384496.jpg

420-magazine-mobile619229163.jpg

Northern lights had its first feed with 1/2 strength formulex and PH 6.2 mineral water 2 days ago and she seems to loving it. Northern Express and MK Ultra had plain 6.2 PH water this morning and seems to be thriving under this Marshydro 48 reflector.

Happy growing y'all! . .

Loco

hello. I have a couple questions. I am trying to decide between the 192 reflector or 2 600 older model 5w led, it'll be going in a 4x4 tent trying to see which one would give me the best coverage? Also the 2 600 would be a tad cheaper as I'm currently on a budget:) but if the 192 will give me better results then a little extra money will be worth it. also there a difference between the Mars older model and the Mars2 newer model besides the veg/ flower switch if there both 5w led? thank you

hello. I have a couple questions. I am trying to decide between the 192 reflector or 2 600 older model 5w led, it'll be going in a 4x4 tent trying to see which one would give me the best coverage? Also the 2 600 would be a tad cheaper as I'm currently on a budget:) but if the 192 will give me better results then a little extra money will be worth it. also there a difference between the Mars older model and the Mars2 newer model besides the veg/ flower switch if there both 5w led? thank you

The 192 would only give you 25 watts per square foot and isn't enough in a 4x4 for plants to thrive like they can especially in flower. 2 of the older 600's would be at about 560 watts and be about 35 watts per square foot so still on the lite side but much better. There has to be a better option for you to get you up in the 40-50 watt per square foot range. Others will chime in.

My LED glasses arrived in today's mail. I bought them from the MarsHydro ebay store using my accumulated ebay bucks which brought the price down to 9 dollars. They work well and seem to be of good quality. The carrying case was a nice touch. The shipping was quick, easy and discrete. I recommend them to any one who spends much time in the blurple jungle.

You sure could but why? That would be silly.
80 amp from a 120v braeker box lmao...9500 watts! Imagine that.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Not silly, Silly! You are spending 6500$ for two 8x8 space(16x8) and get 1.8gram per watt ( net weight depends on how dim you are running your cob racks) "1 cob per square foot" running at most efficient dimmed setting of 40watts per cob (128 sq ft * 40watt= 5,120 watt *1.8gram=9216gram) . I spend 6500 for 9500grm/Watt . Hmmm .. Oh! and I have a 100 amp/120 volt breaker box Hee hee . I might get more gram per watt if I dim down to most efficient setting according to your theory??? You may be more efficient cuz you are using less space( 16x8) My 30 144x5 Mars reflector lights would fill a 300square foot space (tight) at 80 watts per square foot dimmed down. Prolly have to spend more on the dimmers, timers and surge protectors as well but it still looks like a wash comparatively. My Mars lights are plug and play, certified, warranteed, less bulky. Prolly put out more heat but maybe not. 144 x5 Mars reflector runs fairly cool. Might have to replace every 5 years though but maybe longer with dimmers and surge protectors. Would your long term payback kick in before your light depreciates? What I think is silly is folks coming over to the Mars thread to discredit Mars when they might should stay in their own space to advertise. However it is always good to get an invite to go see an interesting thread like your CREE/COB/DIY/MONSTER LIGHT Anyone wanna follow a cree cxb 3590 42 cob superpanel build?

In the two years since I have bought my non-switchable Mars II 1200 I have noticed many changes in Mars Hydro products. Some like the remote I just smiled and shook my head at, but others have been advancements. Sara asked for suggestions and ideas to improve products and services and Mars Hydro has acted on many of them. For instance two years ago I asked for more sizes of tents and suggested manufacturing LED glasses and giving them away with each new light.

We now have many tent sizes to choose from and I had to fork out a little cash, but I now have glasses.

I like fanleaf's DIY cob projects and that he has made them part of the Mars Hydro discussion. I predict that soon Mars Hydro will be producing their own version of cree cob fixtures and since they are a large company with great buying power they will be able to purchase cobs at a fraction of the cost we can individually and offer the savings to their customers.

It's all about choices and value. For what Mars Hydro sells they offer value for your dollar. If you need a Mercedes Benz you don't go to a Haima dealership to buy one. That doesn't mean Haima shouldn't aspire to one day be competition for Mercedes.

If your budget allows it, I suggest 3 pcs Reflector 144 in a 4x4 tent. I have a 4'10" x 4'10" Mars tent and I run (4) Reflector 144's for great coverage and very good harvests.

Not silly, Silly! You are spending 6500$ for two 8x8 space(16x8) and get 1.8gram per watt ( net weight depends on how dim you are running your cob racks) "1 cob per square foot" running at most efficient dimmed setting of 40watts per cob (128 sq ft * 40watt= 5,120 watt *1.8gram=9216gram) . I spend 6500 for 9500grm/Watt . Hmmm .. Oh! and I have a 100 amp/120 volt breaker box Hee hee . I might get more gram per watt if I dim down to most efficient setting according to your theory??? You may be more efficient cuz you are using less space( 16x8) My 30 144x5 Mars reflector lights would fill a 300square foot space (tight) at 80 watts per square foot dimmed down. Prolly have to spend more on the dimmers, timers and surge protectors as well but it still looks like a wash comparatively. My Mars lights are plug and play, certified, warranteed, less bulky. Prolly put out more heat but maybe not. 144 x5 Mars reflector runs fairly cool. Might have to replace every 5 years though but maybe longer with dimmers and surge protectors. Would your long term payback kick in before your light depreciates? What I think is silly is folks coming over to the Mars thread to discredit Mars when they might should stay in their own space to advertise. However it is always good to get an invite to go see an interesting thread like your CREE/COB/DIY/MONSTER LIGHT Anyone wanna follow a cree cxb 3590 42 cob superpanel build?
I have 42 in a 6x8 space. I can run them at 28-30 watts each. Thats less than 30w per square foot and your 30x144's couldnt touch my yield if you could dim yours down that low at that total wattage in a 6x8. Thats 1260w in a 6x8 where I have the yield potential of 1.8pgw for 5lbs dry. Vs maybe 2.5 for you at the same exact wattage as me.
Some of the chips in my arrays produce over 210 lumens per watt. Efficiency goes a long way brother. You can dim yours all you want but they will never produce 210 lumens per watt in the par spectrum. 134 lumens per watt is your maximum I believe. And your drivers arent dimmable even if it would do you any good. Mars are already dimmed down to 40-50% lol.
I can run 50 watts to 2500 watts or anywhere in between and tune my color spectrum for the plants.
Thats why your silly. You havent a clue. And if you have a 100 amp 120v breaker its a main.And where do you get the idea that my light is most efficient at 40w each??? Not even close. Try 28- for32 growing
If your budget allows it, I suggest 3 pcs Reflector 144 in a 4x4 tent. I have a 4'10" x 4'10" Mars tent and I run (4) Reflector 144's for great coverage and very good harvests.

That would be decent!.

I have 42 in a 6x8 space. I can run them at 28-30 watts each. Thats less than 30w per square foot and your 30x144's couldnt touch my yield if you could dim yours down that low at that total wattage in a 6x8. Thats 1260w in a 6x8 where I have the yield potential of 1.8pgw for 5lbs dry. Vs maybe 2.5 for you at the same exact wattage as me.
Some of the chips in my arrays produce over 210 lumens per watt. Efficiency goes a long way brother. You can dim yours all you want but they will never produce 210 lumens per watt in the par spectrum. 134 lumens per watt is your maximum I believe. And your drivers arent dimmable even if it would do you any good. Mars are already dimmed down to 40-50% lol.
I can run 50 watts to 2500 watts or anywhere in between and tune my color spectrum for the plants.
Thats why your silly. You havent a clue. And if you have a 100 amp 120v breaker its a main.And where do you get the idea that my light is most efficient at 40w each??? Not even close. Try 28- for32 growing

That would be decent!.

OK ok you want silly? 1260 watts in a 48 square foot space is 26 watts per square foot for your dimmed cob and this can produce 1.8 grams per watt. Impressive. Just to be clear though , when you say your cob can produce over 210 lumens, is that maxed out at 60 watts or at 30 watts? Yes of course your cob array is more efficient if indeed it does get 1.8 gram per watt at 25 watts per square foot and 5 lb. WOW! Lets see, I think I can squeeze (48/3) 8 pc 144x5 (1840$ bulk price)into 48 square foot (50 watt per sq foot compared to your 25 watts)8*300watt=2400gram/watts or 5 lbs. TWICE your wattage so more heat etc but 1/3 your price. I remember someone already crunched the numbers for efficiency over depreciation but they were comparing HPS to LED at the time. I believe it was a wash. I was reading your DIY thread , that's where I came up with 40watts for most efficient dim setting ( my bad spitballs). THese cobs run at 210 lumens at the 50 watt setting? so if you dim each cob to 25watt then you are at 105 lumens or on par with one pc Mars 144? And have 40 cob and I have only 8pc 144 in the 48square foot. You have how many lumen per square foot at most efficient setting. At what point do the number of lumens defy logic? Jury may still be out there but it is clear that lumens may be a better measurement than watts per square foot.
I didn't know Mars drivers are not dimmable , I thought I could simply plug in a fan control(potentiometer?) to the 144 and fiddle with the bloom -veg switches to adjust red and blue to become more efficient LOL (clue less). Anyone else feel silly or clueless? Peace

:circle-of-love:Thanks,we will do better.Maybe later you will try our light.:volcano-smiley:
Sarah, I have nothing against Mars lights. Most are a good value and work quite well. Your customer service is about second to none! . but ill never give up my lights that have the potential of 1.8- 2.0 grams per watt to go to 1gpw. . That just wouldnt make sense right?
I have $6800 USD invested in both of my light arrays and dont regret a penny of it.

Your a great company with great potential and fantastic service.

Nice plan,haha:volcano-smiley: I love the white pistil...so fresh...:bravo:
I can buy 30pcs 144x5 Mars reflector in bulk for that much money and put a dimmer and surge protector on them LOL. Nice CREE/COB/ DIY by the way . Clever! Here is some Critical under 144 x 5, might get 1 gram per, we'll see. Hate to invest too much dinero in the LONG TERM with lights evolving so fast.
IMG_0079_1_.JPG

and Bubba

OK ok you want silly? 1260 watts in a 48 square foot space is 26 watts per square foot for your dimmed cob and this can produce 1.8 grams per watt. Impressive. Just to be clear though , when you say your cob can produce over 210 lumens, is that maxed out at 60 watts or at 30 watts? Yes of course your cob array is more efficient if indeed it does get 1.8 gram per watt at 25 watts per square foot and 5 lb. WOW! Lets see, I think I can squeeze (48/3) 8 pc 144x5 (1840$ bulk price)into 48 square foot (50 watt per sq foot compared to your 25 watts)8*300watt=2400gram/watts or 5 lbs. TWICE your wattage so more heat etc but 1/3 your price. I remember someone already crunched the numbers for efficiency over depreciation but they were comparing HPS to LED at the time. I believe it was a wash. I was reading your DIY thread , that's where I came up with 40watts for most efficient dim setting ( my bad spitballs). THese cobs run at 210 lumens at the 50 watt setting? so if you dim each cob to 25watt then you are at 105 lumens or on par with one pc Mars 144? And have 40 cob and I have only 8pc 144 in the 48square foot. You have how many lumen per square foot at most efficient setting. At what point do the number of lumens defy logic? Jury may still be out there but it is clear that lumens may be a better measurement than watts per square foot.
I didn't know Mars drivers are not dimmable , I thought I could simply plug in a fan control(potentiometer?) to the 144 and fiddle with the bloom -veg switches to adjust red and blue to become more efficient LOL (clue less). Anyone else feel silly or clueless? Peace
210 lumens per watt man. At about 30w thats 6300 lumens at 30w per chip. Times 42 chips is 264,600 lumens for that array at 30w per chip. 50w per chip is much much more but I lose a little efficiency but still kill any 5w chip or 3w chip panel.. . yep

210 lumens per watt man. At about 30w thats 6300 lumens at 30w per chip.

Im done with trying to explain my setup on sarahs thread. Its not fair to her. If any of you want educated the information is all out there.
But for anyone to think a 3w or 5w or 10w chipped panel is in the same league you need to study. This all started because someone thought the pro series were cobs and I responded.
You can thonk its a wash all you want. People wouldnt be doing it more and more often if that was the case. Just takes the want to learn. Or deny it and act like it isnt real.
Sorry Sarah, I dodnt come here to talk about my lights but if people ask questions I try to answer them. Im going to go ahead and make this my last post in Sarahs thread. If I just dont come to this thread anymore then everyone that has a problem with seeing a light that will kill any lights they have and act like it just cant be, because they want to stay blind can continue to think what they want. But I refuse to clog up the thread anymore. I dont need to explain chit. I know what I have and so do many others. Laters.

Because the Voltage of each chips is little different:high-five:
Whats up with the +5% like how you mentioned earlier sarah about lights.Like the mars 400 uses 177+5%

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

I'm picturing now....:volcano-smiley:it will be too powerful...
You sure could but why? That would be silly.
80 amp from a 120v braeker box lmao...9500 watts! Imagine that.

Back
Top Bottom