Malawi And Golden Tiger Tent Grow

lovebean101

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum, but not new to growing, I've had many failures and successes in the past. I have put down the whole growing thing for almost a decade, but because of several external factors, I have started a grow from seed for Malawi and Golden Tiger from Ace Seeds. I got 5 and 5 of each, fem seeds, and will post pics from germ/seedling thru a month of veg/cloning and then a flip to 12/12 on Aug 12. I'm now starting week 3 and have pics to share. I've had a few issues along the grow, there were gnats in the bag of Ocean Forest, I over-nuted a bit when I mixed Roots Organic, Perlite, and Ocean Forest (when I up-sized to 7 Gal. Net-Pots) [[runoff PPM was 3500 Yikes!!). Right now, I think everything is pretty stable going into week 3. Any observations or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm humbled to finally be part of this amazing and legendary community. cheers ! -LB

Hey thanks a lot TassieTurt very nice to be here.

I started with a 5 pack of each: Ace Malawi and Golden Tiger (Fem).

Dirt Cups after crackin' 3 & 3 of each strain

DirtCups.JPG

Phase 1.5 - Pre-Handoff - 4 will go to the outdoor location where they can get really big, I handed off the 4 healthiest ones after taking cuttings and starting those in the spinner...this has been all with the blue light and 18/6 .. I used LST + Topping, and handed 4 of the healthiest/biggest to 'The Dude'

Phase1.5(prehandoff).JPG

Phase1.5(1).JPG

Phase1.5.JPG

Hey thanks a lot TassieTurt very nice to be here.

I started with a 5 pack of each: Ace Malawi and Golden Tiger (Fem).

Dirt Cups after crackin' 3 & 3 of each strain
No worries bud, you've got yourself a great setup there and some really nice looking plants. Personally I couldn't hand of any of my girls to anyone else as I like to raise them from seed to harvest, but it's nice that you have a growmie that's happy to pitch in and lend a hand!
Are you using soil as your media throughout the whole grow or just in the seedling stage?
What line of nutrients are you using buddy.
TTM

Phase II pics Day 1 of Week 3 of FL - that is today Aug 26 - they are starting to flip for sure - I will put up a 2nd tier of netting sometime in the future, when I feel it's appropriate, meantime, I am spreading them out starting yesterday - if anyone has observations / advice, I would love to learn more. The one in the right back corner (the big G.T.) has been drooping / claw'ing a bit, but I let her get pretty dry and then gave her a light dose of clean water + a few drops of floralicious plus (ph 6.3 after)... it is perking back up..I think ..

IMG_4520.JPG

IMG_4528.JPG

IMG_4526.JPG

IMG_4529.JPG

IMG_4524.JPG

IMG_4525.JPG

IMG_4523.JPG

Phase II pics Day 1 of Week 3 of FL - that is today Aug 26 - they are starting to flip for sure - I will put up a 2nd tier of netting sometime in the future, when I feel it's appropriate, meantime, I am spreading them out starting yesterday - if anyone has observations / advice, I would love to learn more. The one in the right back corner (the big G.T.) has been drooping / claw'ing a bit, but I let her get pretty dry and then gave her a light dose of clean water + a few drops of floralicious plus (ph 6.3 after)... it is perking back up..I think ..

IMG_4520.JPG

IMG_4528.JPG

IMG_4526.JPG

IMG_4529.JPG

IMG_4524.JPG

IMG_4525.JPG

IMG_4523.JPG
Some of those plants look very young to be flipping already, did they get cloned after flowering began?

Hey thanks man, yea my growmie (I love that), I've known my whole life, and literally we grew together about 10 years ago as well. That time it was pure Mangobiche from Colombia. He's awesome, but hardheaded and oldschool (only organics!!!). he swears by the whole bug and nature thing, but last time, 1/2 of the crop was lost to mold and all of it had bug s##t on it..I just filtered it and made hash and threw away the rest..but what a waste! so this time, after he convinced me to grow again (told the wife I would never)..I relented and found some killer genetics. I devised a plan to say yes and give him 4 to grow at his finca..but I would back everything up at him (at first I didn't tell him about the secret plan B) until everything was big and healthy..he's cool with it all..my genetics anyways after all...so yes, he has 4 that will get huge (2 of each strain). They will likely have all kinds of bug issues and hopefully not mold issues, but I will try to help him as much as I can...I've read that planting clover will help against pests..

so as far as nutes, I used to get super awesome results back in Michigan indoors with the KISS method (Lucas formula) GH Maxibloom. I use Ocean Forest for 2 of them and Roots Organic for 2 others. To compare. Added about 10 worms each bucket as well and have given them a little bit of eggshell dust & coffee grounds...after a few weeks of just water PH'd to 6.0-6.5, I will give them 1/2 or 1/4 of the usual dosage of MaxiBloom + a little bit of floralicious plus..I have a water distiller and usually give them Distilled Water + the nutes... let me know if any of this sounds off or if there are improvements...sometimes I add Great White Shark, and this morning, I added a tiny (1/8 dose) of Liquid KoolBloom...

Hey thanks man, yea my growmie (I love that), I've known my whole life, and literally we grew together about 10 years ago as well. That time it was pure Mangobiche from Colombia. He's awesome, but hardheaded and oldschool (only organics!!!). he swears by the whole bug and nature thing, but last time, 1/2 of the crop was lost to mold and all of it had bug s##t on it..I just filtered it and made hash and threw away the rest..but what a waste! so this time, after he convinced me to grow again (told the wife I would never)..I relented and found some killer genetics. I devised a plan to say yes and give him 4 to grow at his finca..but I would back everything up at him (at first I didn't tell him about the secret plan B) until everything was big and healthy..he's cool with it all..my genetics anyways after all...so yes, he has 4 that will get huge (2 of each strain). They will likely have all kinds of bug issues and hopefully not mold issues, but I will try to help him as much as I can...I've read that planting clover will help against pests..

so as far as nutes, I used to get super awesome results back in Michigan indoors with the KISS method (Lucas formula) GH Maxibloom. I use Ocean Forest for 2 of them and Roots Organic for 2 others. To compare. Added about 10 worms each bucket as well and have given them a little bit of eggshell dust & coffee grounds...after a few weeks of just water PH'd to 6.0-6.5, I will give them 1/2 or 1/4 of the usual dosage of MaxiBloom + a little bit of floralicious plus..I have a water distiller and usually give them Distilled Water + the nutes... let me know if any of this sounds off or if there are improvements...sometimes I add Great White Shark, and this morning, I added a tiny (1/8 dose) of Liquid KoolBloom...
No worries, haha growmies, yeah that what we call friends helping us grow. Sounds very knowledgeable, nothing wrong with organics, personally I prefer soil (I do use synthetic nutes though) I am gonna try some coco this time around for something different!
Sounds like you have a great plan my friend.
Sounds like you got your nutrient regime pretty down pat, though personally I would only use the great white myco when making your medium to begin with, you can also spread it all over your roots when uppotting/transplanting.

Some of those plants look very young to be flipping already, did they get cloned after flowering began?
so 2 of this grow (Phase II-Post-Handoff) are a big Malawi and a big Golden Tiger. Both went through a month of veg w/topping and LST to bush them out. I took clones of all 6 during 'veg' 18/6, pre-flip. The ones you are referring to, should be 6, that look like just stalks are 12/12/ from clone; as soon as they moved from the cloner bucket to the dirt, and then to the tent to 12/12. This is also an experiment: I have family that grew up on the equator. I remember 2 things that one day collided in my head:

1. a lot of growers say they hate 100% Sativas b/c of the stretch during flower and the time. but those genetics (landraces) evolved ON THE EQUATOR. There is and has never been a 'veg' phase for these plants/seeds/genetics/strains. EVER.
2. One day a relative told me "I could always tell when it was noon growing up, b/c my shadow was straight up at noon - all year long". - this one day hit me like a ton of bricks...all year long is 12/12/ on the equator (some will say DUH) ..so those strains are always 12/12 from seedling. If you watch Strain Hunters:Malawi, you will see fields of stalks just like the 6 I think you are referring to.

No worries, haha growmies, yeah that what we call friends helping us grow. Sounds very knowledgeable, nothing wrong with organics, personally I prefer soil (I do use synthetic nutes though) I am gonna try some coco this time around for something different!
Sounds like you have a great plan my friend.
Sounds like you got your nutrient regime pretty down pat, though personally I would only use the great white myco when making your medium to begin with, you can also spread it all over your roots when uppotting/transplanting.
already learning something - thank you - I dust a little in every other watering ... maybe a waste ?

so 2 of this grow (Phase II-Post-Handoff) are a big Malawi and a big Golden Tiger. Both went through a month of veg w/topping and LST to bush them out. I took clones of all 6 during 'veg' 18/6, pre-flip. The ones you are referring to, should be 6, that look like just stalks are 12/12/ from clone; as soon as they moved from the cloner bucket to the dirt, and then to the tent to 12/12. This is also an experiment: I have family that grew up on the equator. I remember 2 things that one day collided in my head:

1. a lot of growers say they hate 100% Sativas b/c of the stretch during flower and the time. but those genetics (landraces) evolved ON THE EQUATOR. There is and has never been a 'veg' phase for these plants/seeds/genetics/strains. EVER.
2. One day a relative told me "I could always tell when it was noon growing up, b/c my shadow was straight up at noon - all year long". - this one day hit me like a ton of bricks...all year long is 12/12/ on the equator (some will say DUH) ..so those strains are always 12/12 from seedling. If you watch Strain Hunters:Malawi, you will see fields of stalks just like the 6 I think you are referring to.
Okay, so there's alot of logic to what you're saying if this was an out side grow. But considering this is an inside grow in a controlled environment I think maybe they could have been alot more beneficial to have had a longer vegging period, just my 2 cents though, will be interesting to see how your experiment pans out.
already learning something - thank you - I dust a little in every other watering ... maybe a waste ?
Yeah, I mean it probably won't do any harm, but to get the most out of it, probably just best to use at the start and during uppotting, if you really want to give them a bit extra from time to time, maybe once every couple of weeks

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum, but not new to growing, I've had many failures and successes in the past. I have put down the whole growing thing for almost a decade, but because of several external factors, I have started a grow from seed for Malawi and Golden Tiger from Ace Seeds. I got 5 and 5 of each, fem seeds, and will post pics from germ/seedling thru a month of veg/cloning and then a flip to 12/12 on Aug 12. I'm now starting week 3 and have pics to share. I've had a few issues along the grow, there were gnats in the bag of Ocean Forest, I over-nuted a bit when I mixed Roots Organic, Perlite, and Ocean Forest (when I up-sized to 7 Gal. Net-Pots). Right now, I think everything is pretty stable going into week 3. Any observations or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm humbled to finally be part of this amazing and legendary community. cheers ! -LB
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

hey y'all, quick question regarding VPD... my RH says 40% and temp ~81 - looking at this chart, it says I should be at ~70% RH ? is that correct ? Cannabis VPD Calculator — Dr. Greenhouse, Inc. (sounds high for flower to me...) ... I'ma try closing the tent (w/proper temp control to maintain 81) and crank the humidifer for a half hour to check out results - I'm still in early flower so ... any thoughts or comments ? thanks in advance !!
EDIT:: I don't plan to raise RH all the way to 70%...just 50% and re-assess slowly
\m/
still interested in any comments or knowledge

Back
Top Bottom