Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

buddy comes out of garage side door... Introduces himself and then proceeds to inform me that this was his "pee spot" and whips it out and starts going.... It caught me off guard to say the least.. i didnt know what to say. Thankfully my big dog doesnt like strangers especially on the other sides of doors or fences, so everytime he goes to take a leak the dog barks viciously at him.

Good dog. :)

So is that now saying you can only have 3 flowering plants per person at one time? Can you still have 12 seedlings/immature plants while having the 3 in flower?

Sounds like that would give me 6 plants in flower and up to 24 'immature' plants.

So is that now saying you can only have 3 flowering plants per person at one time? Can you still have 12 seedlings/immature plants while having the 3 in flower? Sounds like that would give me 6 plants in flower and up to 24 'immature' plants.

Yes, 6x "flowering" decreased to 3x (per adult in the household) and the rest should be the same. Their definition of "immature" is any non-flowering plants under 24" high and 18" wide...

Still generous, but before it was ridiculous and I liked not even having to count # of plants I was in growing...with 2x adults we were allowed 12x flowering plants at any given moment...:)

I could still make that work.....especially if I had a couple "extra" people that i was growing for! Would be great to flower out up to 12 and still run another 30-40 'immature' plants.

I could still make that work.....especially if I had a couple "extra" people that i was growing for! Would be great to flower out up to 12 and still run another 30-40 'immature' plants.
Yup...I had a plan where I would grow for friends later on, but it might happen sooner assuming this law actually gets ratified...all you need is their name and Maine DL or ID# tagged on the plant. I am cutting up white deli quart containers and putting them around the stalk so the plants grows into them. I also add germ date and strain. I have the 24 pages of the law in pdf if you can't find it online.

The beauty of the law is everything they didn't specify...if you are growing for someone else there nothing said about harvest and ownership after harvest. So, I know a lot of people that would like a free oz or two of cannabis just to have me grow it for them.

I don't think anything in our law will change until Feb 2019...because politicians get paid by hour, not by what they accomplish!

This taken today from Maine.gov official site....

i am waiting to see what the legislation looks like once its finally legal up here... Supposedly it allows for 4 per household... Im not bothering to look it up until its all in place though..... That seems pretty fair and reasonable to me though... Hopefully it doesnt change too drastically for you in2019
It makes a big difference if it is per household or adult...unless you live alone! I am not complaining...we're lucky, just hate to see politicians ignoring the will of the people.

Germed in water and planted 4x autos this morning in 10-gallon fabric pots: Girl Scout Cookie, Skunk #1, Cheese XXL, and Sweet Coffee Ryder. More going in within the week, just waiting for some possible additions to the lineup from @SeedsMan.:slide:

Sounds like it could be decent stuff. Probably all minerals and good for long term growing over multiple runs
Exactly...I was thinking it would stay in the media for multiple progressions. We have a lot of quarry mines in the area so it was cheaper than the $30 for #20lb of glacial rock dust (though I know they are different). I was buying hay and a bag of soil and I saw it on the (handwritten) price board as "granit grit"... :)

Here are some framing details:

This outside shot clearly shows the poly support, which is essentially the roof. North facing roof is tin roofing over plywood

A few corners/angles of the 12x24

16x48 interior

We moved to Maine specifically to do more of what we want and do it outdoors. We both had "real" jobs and then had kids and didn't want to raise them where we were...so we looked far and wide and moved to Maine. Not all of Maine is equal, so it takes a little looking around to see what places fit you. Maine has healed me in so many ways in the last 10 years (physically, mentally, spiritually). My dad worked 6 days a week his whole life and when he was ready to "retire" he had dementia and didn't get to do anything. That stuck with me and I have always made time to do what I can now and not put off things till later. But, like @Van Stank, I am better when there are less idiots around me and Maine is pretty sparsely populated so that decreases the interactions! Summer we get many visitors from the Rat Race and it is always a good reminder of why we are here.

I could go on and on about why I love Maine but will leave it on this note...shot this pic the other day from same seat I am typing this (400mm lens) ...the cool thing is we also had loons, geese, and ducks in the same vicinity. Sometimes it almost feels ordinary up here...almost.

It took me till 60 years old to see a bald eagle (any eagle) in the area due to ddt poisoning. Now look at them. Majestically Grand! They're having a good comeback.

Back
Top Bottom