Look Waddee Grew In '22

Well "Kinky" was a bit too kinky - she threw a few Naners, so, off with her head!!! She has been replaced by one of the Brians...

DSCF5034.JPG

Everything else is just cruising along except for the Autos. They should have two more weeks but all the pistils are brown and no sign of any white ones. Triches are just showing a few amber. I may harvest the short one tomorrow and leave the taller one for a bit.
DSCF5033.JPG
DSCF5032.JPG

Well "Kinky" was a bit too kinky - she threw a few Naners, so, off with her head!!! She has been replaced by one of the Brians...

DSCF5034.JPG

Everything else is just cruising along except for the Autos. They should have two more weeks but all the pistils are brown and no sign of any white ones. Triches are just showing a few amber. I may harvest the short one tomorrow and leave the taller one for a bit.
DSCF5033.JPG
DSCF5032.JPG
How tall did your auto’s turn out?

How tall did your auto’s turn out?
Lemmy stopped pretty much right after getting topped - she is about 8" and Squiggy, who was left natural is a bit over 15" - I must say I'm very disappointed in how they've done. I don't know what I may have done to stun them so badly. I'm just hoping that whatever I get off them sends me over the moon!!! :yahoo:

Lemmy stopped pretty much right after getting topped - she is about 8" and Squiggy, who was left natural is a bit over 15" - I must say I'm very disappointed in how they've done. I don't know what I may have done to stun them so badly. I'm just hoping that whatever I get off them sends me over the moon!!! :yahoo:
You prolly didn’t do anything, I know I didn’t stun my Tangies 1is maybe 12” and the other 7”. Only thing I would do different is start adding nutes after they stopped and started taking water again.

I don't know what I may have done to stun them so badly.
Oh c'mon man. You topped them. See the article I sent you. It says very clearly: Autos need to be topped early. Next time you'll do better and not follow some guy's advice who just says stuff off the cuff.

Oh c'mon man. You topped them
I only topped 1 - and the natural one didn't fare much better - I don't think it was the topping that did it. I'm not sure what caused the stunting but I think astrology was involved!!! :rofl:

Actually, I don't think I will grow an auto in the ground again - last year I grew an auto in the laundry tub and it acted very normal - it grew about 3' tall and had a decent crop. I am wondering if my water table is too high and these guys were just real sensitive to wet feet. :hmmmm:

I only topped 1 - and the natural one didn't fare much better - I don't think it was the topping that did it. I'm not sure what caused the stunting but I think astrology was involved!!! :rofl:

Actually, I don't think I will grow an auto in the ground again - last year I grew an auto in the laundry tub and it acted very normal - it grew about 3' tall and had a decent crop. I am wondering if my water table is too high and these guys were just real sensitive to wet feet. :hmmmm:
Shit happenz.... %50 of the time these little plants just say F*ck life and refuse to grow... Ask me how I know 😂😉.

As for outside I give props to the guys/gals that can do it.... Its a different breed of grow....alot more variables than indoor.

Damn!!!! I may have a cursed spot in my garden!!!! "Kinky" threw Naners so she was replaced with one of the "Brians" and now I'm pretty sure I see weirdness with her!!! I don't think I can get a close enough shot. I'll try tomorrow but Damn, what are the odds??? :hmmmm: :thedoubletake: :hmmmm:

I'm wondering if transplanting this late in the game is a detriment - we'll see how it goes for the next two!!
DSCF5039.JPG

On the plus side, after many fruitless experiments, just for the hell of it I set up my crappy tinfoil lined prototype parabolic dish solar heater and waddaya know!!!
DSCF5041.JPG

I have to move it off optimum to keep the heat down....I'm "cookin' meth" now - FREE!!! :thumb:
Just Kidding!! :rofl: In that tincan is my mason jar with coconut oil and weed. My weed seems weak so I will cook this for a couple of days, probably adds up to about 12 hours, strain it, then add another bunch of weed and do it again.
I don't have to skimp on the cooking time now!!!

I didn't take any pics but I pulled Lemmy from the ground and transplanted into a 4 gal pot. I figured I can't hurt her too much - might even shake her up enough to do something. I'll probably harvest her any day now - no white hairs for awhile and there are some amber trichs plus I got tired of getting down on my hands and knees to check. Now I can set her up on something and save my self. The damn covid fatigue is not going away too fast.
I wanted to be able to transplant one of the "Brians" into the ground before she got any bigger. I will be watching to see if the last two throw Naners in retaliation. I also trained her Espalier style. Got a little aggressive and the stem split about three inches so I bound her all up with electrical tape - she's fine!! :rofl:
I'm tempted to drive a screw through Lemmys stem just to see if that sparks some response. :hmmmm::thedoubletake: Does anybody know how quickly they respond to that??

Damn!!!! I may have a cursed spot in my garden!!!! "Kinky" threw Naners so she was replaced with one of the "Brians" and now I'm pretty sure I see weirdness with her!!! I don't think I can get a close enough shot. I'll try tomorrow but Damn, what are the odds??? :hmmmm: :thedoubletake: :hmmmm:
Ouch, sorry for yer bad luck,juju,or whatever you wanna call it. That bites.

Well I've been having fun with my Parabolic Solar Accumulator cooking my cococanna oil so while squeezing out the weed today I decided to throw a teaspoon full in my Chili. Didn't make the flavour any better but I had a very pleasant afternoon - my legs didn't hurt and the fatigue didn't seem so bad - didn't get much done - but I did a lot of thinking!!!:hmmmm:
:thumb:
I'm thinking I'll harvest the real small Auto tomorrow and leave the other for a while.

Well, I've been pondering and pondering....so I finally said "Screw it!!!"
DSCF5053.JPG

An Inch n a half wood screw seems like over kill on that poor little stem but........I thought the trichs looked a little sparse and this poor little bonsai didn't seem to amounting to much so I figured this can't do anymore harm!!! I'll leave it a few days to see if anything changes.
Anybody know how long before the plant responds to distress?? :hmmmm:

Gee, @greenjeans not sure how driving a screw into the stem will stimulate trichome growth. Is this like drought-simulation? I once had a stem split, the stress to caused the plant to put out bananas.

Btw with my 10-foot SLH in 2020, the trichomes never really looked stunning. The stunning part came after harvest... so be sure to dry her nicely and let the bud cure. Takes patience (a rare commodity in your situation)!

the stem will stimulate trichome growth.
The theory is that late into flower , just before harvest, the plant is distressed and produces more trichs as a defence mechanism. These two autos have been a bust from the get go so I figured this would be a good one to experiment on.

Lemmy and Squiggy are now on the drying rack!!!
DSCF5057.JPG

And here's Squiggy
DSCF5064.JPG

I am hoping for a much better results next year. They will be in buckets where I have more control over watering and instead of topping I may try simply bending the plant over. Once they have dried I will weight them just for fun. Then near the end of September I hope to give you a Smoke Report!!
Now all my efforts will be given to the Photos. I have one that I am hoping to try flashing with light to see if I can flip her to male - my theory is that I can pollinate a bit of my other gals and get feminized seeds. I am also hoping that they would not be prone to hermi since they will not be exposed to the extremes that caused this one to flip - if she flips......I'll keep you updated!!

Lemmy and Squiggy are now on the drying rack!!!
DSCF5057.JPG

And here's Squiggy
DSCF5064.JPG

I am hoping for a much better results next year. They will be in buckets where I have more control over watering and instead of topping I may try simply bending the plant over. Once they have dried I will weight them just for fun. Then near the end of September I hope to give you a Smoke Report!!
Now all my efforts will be given to the Photos. I have one that I am hoping to try flashing with light to see if I can flip her to male - my theory is that I can pollinate a bit of my other gals and get feminized seeds. I am also hoping that they would not be prone to hermi since they will not be exposed to the extremes that caused this one to flip - if she flips......I'll keep you updated!!
Next year it’s all photos for me and @Bill284 soil mix. Looking good there whatcha think dry weight will be.

Back
Top Bottom