Light Addict's Fluxing Central - Featuring The Original Flux Journal

It looks like you've attacked it with a strimmer :thedoubletake: Not to worry though, all is not lost. Ideally you need two fan leaves at the end of each arm to encourage growth so it'll slow it sown a bit by giving it a skin head :)
Your next job is to get all of the arms to the outside of your pot at the same height & get some arms to the middle as fillers. The two end heads that are really long & tall need training down & round your pot rim. Going off the bottom picture, this head can fill the void to its right. The top one may need splitting with one head going left, the other going right. You might have to tweak the position of some of the other arms to try & keep it symetrical.
So the gist is get everything down at the same height & evenly spaced & make sure you have fillers in the middle :)

You folks have some great stuff going on here! :high-five:

I did some leaf work, let me know if I mucked it up oh great gurus of the fluxes. :smokin:

Flux_1_8-26.jpg

I didn't achieve very many nodes on the main flux arms, but I think I understand what I did wrong, ....so hopefully next time I will get a better result.

OK lol , you can and should defol during vert. I leave my girls alone during just the beginning of vert. I let them build some foliage just to boost the speed of the growth vertically. After a little while I start defol. I hit them hard twice during vert stage and also some more frequent lesser targeted defol sessions to control the secondary growth.
When going vert just treat each limb as an individual plant sculpting them as you require! :)

OK lol , you can and should defol during vert. I leave my girls alone during just the beginning of vert. I let them build some foliage just to boost the speed of the growth vertically. After a little while I start defol. I hit them hard twice during vert stage and also some more frequent lesser targeted defol sessions to control the secondary growth.
When going vert just treat each limb as an individual plant sculpting them as you require! :)

So my question is.... And I will have to retract what I said on my own journal.

Bud development....

Buds build up right?

In my mind I was going to defol large fans that were shading lower growth. But for the most part let the buds build.

Or.....defol until I flip to 12/12?

OK lol. When your going vert with a flux, you have to manage the colas sites like I said before. Treat each one as its own plant, then imagine your trying to do a sea of green and produce a single cola plant.
I use defol to manage the secondary shoots, a shoot that isn't getting light due to being shadowed from above will stretch to get it. You DON'T want the growth at the base of where your colas are forming to stretch. You want them compact and close into the core of limb/colas. That's why I stunt them via defol or crushing of nodes.
I tend to defol higher up quite heavily. I leave good foliage at the base level. :) :)

Good morning LA. Just a short update on my 4 clone flux. The experiment has been a success and I have started a second one with 3 clones in one pot. These pics were taken about 4 days ago. She will be repotted in about 3 weeks when I harvest the ladys in the flower tent.
20140823_112549_LLS.jpg
20140823_112531_LLS.jpg
20140823_093647_LLS.jpg
20140823_093628_LLS.jpg
20140823_093615_LLS.jpg

Looking damn fine Latin! Loving your experimentations in the field of quantum clone fluxations! You may even beat the big hadron collider, in unlocking the secrets of the universe! :) :)

All thanks to you my friend. I no longer grow 4 or 5 foot tall plants and have noticed with the flux trimming is a lot easier, as you don't have the pop corn buds to deal with.:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

20140829_182555.jpg
20140829_184515.jpg
Hey all thought I'd share what I hope to be another fluxing development :)
Simply put the main drawback of fluxing is the timeframe for veg. Well if you ran a mother plant per cycle, then took some active control over training and light placement you could produce a run of pre set baby fluxes!
Two headed clones being the key :) So I'm presently trying to root a few of these two headers.
These are just a trial run. I'd take more care and get better baby fluxes when I do this again.
So yeah a leap forward in veg times per cycle for fluxing!

Back
Top Bottom