LadyGaea's Cannaversary Grow - Tangielope & Super Lemon Haze With High Brix

Hope you have enjoyed a well deserved long weekend Lady... Green Sunday, and Good day for a cookout around here, so hopefully there as well.....:)
Happy Sunday MH! Beautiful day here for a cookout. Cooler temps too so I won't melt!Enjoy your day!

Hiya Amy!

For the bin I mixed my soil in, it is not identified as food safe. Its just a cheap HDX Storage tote with a lid. This is it...and this is Isabella...aka Lil Bit:) She is the Grow Supervisor.

I found these which are great to store soil in. It would be difficult to turn the soil over on a regular basis though. Here is a link. You can find stuff like this at a restaurant supply company.
32 Gallon Storage Ingredient Bin

I use a cultivator like this one to turn my soil. It would be a bit awkward with the bin above, but doable.
Garden Weasel

Here is the 10 Gal trash can I got to grow my plants in. I drilled a bunch of holes in the bottom. They have larger versions that you can get a set of wheels for and you can use for soil storage also...these are food safe as well. I like that. Again, a bit awkward for soil turning, but I like that it is neat and larger version you can buy wheels for them that snap in. The small one you can get a plant dolly for.
10 Gal Rubbermaid Brute

These are 20 Gal Totes. You would need 3 to mix a full batch of Doc's soil. You may be able to source at a restaurant supply store there as well. You can put these on a movers dolly.
20 Gal Food Safe Tote

And one more recommendation...a nice flour scoop for potting up.
Flour Scoop
Hopefully this till give you some ideas that will make your grow more "body" friendly! :thumb:

Much appreciated m’Lady! Yep, making it disabled body friendly is a priority that’s for sure. I have to consider so many things - I miss the days I could just fire into a plan for something without having to take all this into account! But truth is, wheels... everything must have wheels!
I think I have the casters and timber I need to get my garden helper to knock up a little dolly or 2 for me :)

So you’re right my tall wheelie bin idea would make it hard to mix the soil during the cook. I didn’t realise we had to do that. There’s nothing in the instructions about it... :hmmmm:
I might have to rethink that plan if we do indeed need to turn it during the cook.

I’m right there with you in solidarity with the ‘functional face’, and the pain levels and the weird meds and their side effects. Different conditions were negotiating with but many similar challenges/obstacles. I have thankfully now ditched most of the side-effect inducing meds. I’m taking the deep hibernation route for a few months and see how that goes (thankfully I have the support of the partner to try this!). Hang in there! You’ll get to a balanced place with it all eventually I’m sure. And in the meantime, there’s growing :slide:

Happy cooking day with the sis! Yay! Hope you both get baked as well :ganjamon:

:love:
:Namaste:

Hey!!...Amy, hold on woman,...:passitleft:Remixing the soil well into a cook is NOT necessary. I never do it. I may mix in a few pruned off leaves , but i have never mixed during the 30 days cook time. When moistening it during mixing /filing the totes i found that it takes 5 gal's. to sufficiently moisten it for a maintenance free cook.(3.8 cu. ft. bale of Promix HP + doc's amendment and EWC's.) Hope your day is groovin ...cheers.

Yup...no guff Hacks...:passitleft:

.... I mix in large quantities as my recipe dictates, and store for up to four months... After my initial whole day mix, stored till I need it, but definately at least a month without opening or checking... I have done it for so long, I just kinda know it is good just by looks, touch, and smell.... Weird, but I am an old hippy friendly earth type... LOL Green day Doogs..

Hey!!...Amy, hold on woman,...:passitleft:Remixing the soil well into a cook is NOT necessary. I never do it. I may mix in a few pruned off leaves , but i have never mixed during the 30 days cook time. When moistening it during mixing /filing the totes i found that it takes 5 gal's. to sufficiently moisten it for a maintenance free cook.(3.8 cu. ft. bale of Promix HP + doc's amendment and EWC's.) Hope your day is groovin ...cheers.
Ooooh! Very nice! I thought a good turn was needed! Thanks Duggs!

Recipe from tonight... A favorite and easy dosing recipe to add to your collection!

Lady Gaea’s Guacamole
  • 3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
  • ½ of a lime, juiced
  • 1/2 teaspoon flaked pink sea salt ~ preferable, or use Kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • ¼ cup of finely diced sweet onion. Vidalia or Texas Sweets are great! Green onions will work as well!
  • 2 Serrano peppers, seeded and minced
  • 2 ripe Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
  • 2 tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • Add a dose of your favorite cannabis oil to either a ¼ to ½ cup serving of guacamole
In a large bowl place the avocado chunks, and the lime juice. Toss to coat. Add the sea salt, cumin, and mash with the back of a fork or potato masher. I like it a bit chunky! Fold in the diced onions, tomatoes, cilantro, minced pepper, and garlic. It’s best to refrigerate a couple of hours or overnight, and then serve at room temp.

FYI…Authentic guacamole does not have cumin or garlic added. Also, the onions, chilies, cilantro, and salt are mashed together with a mortar and pestle until the onion is translucent. Then mix in the remaining ingredients.

Simple and sweet! Cannabis oil is divine in guacamole. Especially when you add the big flavor contributions of garlic and cumin! It’s all good!:ganjamon:

Cheers! LG

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM with a capital MMM! Yet another one I gotta do with my hummus.
Yup! Knew you were waiting for the guac! :slide:So good for brain health! Yummy! Made even better with cannabis!

Soooo good, you nailed that one. Can you imagine putting a canna leaf on the guac and serving for appies. Presentation extraordinaire. LOVE IT!
Now that's a groovy touch! That would be a pretty garnish for sure! :thumb:

High Lady G,

I just finished reading through your journal. So sorry for the auto immune maladies. Sounds like you are seriously challenged. I hope you can get better using cannabis. I've never been challenged like some of you ladies have. Don't want to. I don't know how I would handle it. Probably just like you are.

You have a very nice looking Tangielope and Super Lemon Haze. Doc's kit does the best!! Are they good for Crohn's?

I thought it was a nice touch to have Doc pop in to calm the seas.

Good luck on your finish up. Hope they do you well! Cya

Good Green, but Rainy ass morning to ya Lady... Hope the rain doesnt bring to much pain, though all my joints are outright killing me.... :( Not too much griping here tho, I am off from both jobs, its raining so no need to go outside for the Garden at all.... And Some good ol' fashioned Strawberry Haze for Breakfast, with my smoothie of course... LOL... HAGD....

X2--Been using the Kit for years, have never once mixed it during the 30-day cook.

I've also been known to have a batch of soil sitting, ready-to-use, as when I mix I'll do two batches at a time, and grow in one. That way, at the end of the grow, I have a 3-month cooked soil that ss super active, happy, and ready to rock.

Of course, I'll top it off with water once or twice a month while it sits. So at the end of the grow, I can amend Batch 1, let it cook for 30 days, and start immediately with Batch 2 since it's been sitting, cooking, waiting.

Everyone has their own style, but honestly, it's hard to go wrong :)

Recipe from tonight... A favorite and easy dosing recipe to add to your collection!

Lady Gaea’s Guacamole
  • 3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
  • ½ of a lime, juiced
  • 1/2 teaspoon flaked pink sea salt ~ preferable, or use Kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • ¼ cup of finely diced sweet onion. Vidalia or Texas Sweets are great! Green onions will work as well!
  • 2 Serrano peppers, seeded and minced
  • 2 ripe Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
  • 2 tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • Add a dose of your favorite cannabis oil to either a ¼ to ½ cup serving of guacamole
In a large bowl place the avocado chunks, and the lime juice. Toss to coat. Add the sea salt, cumin, and mash with the back of a fork or potato masher. I like it a bit chunky! Fold in the diced onions, tomatoes, cilantro, minced pepper, and garlic. It’s best to refrigerate a couple of hours or overnight, and then serve at room temp.

FYI…Authentic guacamole does not have cumin or garlic added. Also, the onions, chilies, cilantro, and salt are mashed together with a mortar and pestle until the onion is translucent. Then mix in the remaining ingredients.

Simple and sweet! Cannabis oil is divine in guacamole. Especially when you add the big flavor contributions of garlic and cumin! It’s all good!:ganjamon:

Cheers! LG
Oh my, looks tasty

I did Pico, grilled OYSTERS, Cole slaw and smoked brisket

The GF was gone for two weeks so made a nice lunch for her to welcome her back, You say why Pico, cuzz she loves it

High Lady G,

I just finished reading through your journal. So sorry for the auto immune maladies. Sounds like you are seriously challenged. I hope you can get better using cannabis. I've never been challenged like some of you ladies have. Don't want to. I don't know how I would handle it. Probably just like you are.

You have a very nice looking Tangielope and Super Lemon Haze. Doc's kit does the best!! Are they good for Crohn's?

I thought it was a nice touch to have Doc pop in to calm the seas.

Good luck on your finish up. Hope they do you well! Cya

Hi Bode! Eh...I muddle through! I'm thankful! It can always be worse, right?

Yes! The cannabis works on the pain and spasms for the crohn's. It's awesome when I flare. I am sure the CBD helps the inflammation as well. Knock on wood...no recent flare there! I have not tried these yet. Should be great! I'll do a good review once they are ready!

Yeah! Doc is awesome! He really is passionate about his kit. He really wants us to use it with success. By the end of this grow, I'll be more confident using it. If you pay attention to your plants, and follow the directions...you can't lose and the cannabis is out-freaking-standing!!:yahoo:

Thanks for hanging out!!:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom