Lady Cannafan's Seedsman Comparative Grow Banana Jealousy ViparSpectra KS5000

The squirrels don't bother much except my birdfeeders, and I found a way to keep them off of those. I have cats including a stray or two that chase them away. The deer will take a bite of the tomato, and move on to the next one. I keep telling them there are people starving in the world and they should finish what they bite, but they don't listen to me.

I have tomato cages I was putting around the plants, I will put those into use again. But, and we knew it could come up...the freaking leaf eating bugs. I'll have a pic in a minute. ;-)
I have the same here the squirrels take a bite then move to another one. I do not like squirrels. 🍋

I'm going to see how the growth is doing, maybe 6-8 weeks. There will be training. Kind of a wait and see thing. LOL

@SeedsMan , what is your recommendation for veg time

Yep i get it. I got trouble coming slurricanes are gonna push out the other 2 strains so i'm flipping at about 58 days. I'll be trimming and pulling now until end of stretch. Mines only a 3x3x63" i'm not to worried about head space it's the width LOL

I have the same here the squirrels take a bite then move to another one. I do not like squirrels. 🍋
I built the squirrels their own circus from tree to tree different post and wires, swings. They leave all my stuff alone. Hummingbirds are my biggest issue. Bastards are beautiful, but super territorial. Making just refilling the hangers a chore. Worth it tho.

I never would have thought Hummingbirds would be a problem and yes, they are so nice to watch. So, what are they doing attacking you. 🍋
Super territorial. They don't even like other hummingbirds. You would think they know I'm refilling the sugar water I would be ok. But they act like I'm taking it away. Scary sounds hummingbirds within 12in of your head. They haven't got me yet. It's like the biggest swarm of bees. So loud.

The ViparSpectra KS5000 booklet states to wait about a week after seedlings have broken ground and the first true leaves are completely out. So, I'm going to get the light going over the weekend. It will be set to start at 50% power which will be about 400 PPFD, and hung 26.2 inches above the seedlings.

Hope everyone is doing well today. I started the day off with a broken down furnace due to a short from a leak at the roof vent from seriously heavy rain dripping onto a load limit switch. UGH Thank goodness it is not seriously cold weather. I have it repaired with a spare limit switch I was smart enough to buy a couple years ago.

Super territorial. They don't even like other hummingbirds. You would think they know I'm refilling the sugar water I would be ok. But they act like I'm taking it away. Scary sounds hummingbirds within 12in of your head. They haven't got me yet. It's like the biggest swarm of bees. So loud.
They are Loud and will scare the 💩 out of you if they come up from behind. Pretty birds 🦢 though. I watched a documentary about them and they would sometimes kill each other for females. CL🍀

Update:
Here's my grow area. I have two heavy duty rolling clothes racks with bars across the top that the ViparSpectra lights hang from. There is plenty of room for both lights when I get ready to hang the second one. It's about 8 foot x 4 foot and expandable if needed.
The floor is a twin bed under mattress unit that is about 2" thick, covered in plastic to keep leaks or water away from the actual floor. There are two "planks" to set the grow pots on keeping them sturdy and above the floor.

The power supply for each light is hung on the back corner of the racks keeping them out of my way and not on top of the lights to weigh them down. I can control both lights using only one with the daisy chain cord.

The seedlings are sitting on an old hospital bedside table that adjusts up and down, instead of having to move the temporary LED light up and down.

I have reflective aluminum type sheets (I forget what that stuff is called, it comes on a roll black on one side and shiny on the other) hanging in back and one side to help reflect light to the lower parts of the plants.
I can get 10 or so plants in there when ready.
The little fan is connected to a lighting stand for now.

Hey my Gro Sista! Sorry I’m late. I had a bitch of a time finding a banana costume!

IMG_3562.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom