KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review

Re: KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432w Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal and Rev

thanks, I'm starting to get the metrics together in my head; I'd need two Spider Cobs to equal my 600w HPS.

this is based on me having 150w per square foot right now

if the minimum requirements are 35w per square foot for LED, and 50w for HPS, then it equates that I would need 105w per square foot of LED in the same space [to match my current 150w] or 420w total actual draw power

does this sound logical?

Re: KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432w Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal and Rev

thanks, I'm starting to get the metrics together in my head; I'd need two Spider Cobs to equal my 600w HPS.

this is based on me having 150w per square foot right now

if the minimum requirements are 35w per square foot for LED, and 50w for HPS, then it equates that I would need 105w per square foot of LED in the same space [to match my current 150w] or 420w total actual draw power

does this sound logical?

What size is your grow area?

actually, my measurements are a little off

I have 6.86 square feet, not 4

my HPS equates to 87w per square feet, the advised minimum is 50w - 1.75 x times over

LED minimum advised is 35w, so I figure I need 61w per square feet to match the HPS

61W x 6.87 square feet [actual tent measurements] = a 420w LED to meet the same w per square feet as in the guide

Hello KingJohnC...I wanted your advice because I know you're always around helping members :) Please take a look at these pics and would you be able to diagnose the problem here? It's either a nute problem or some heat stress...My plant has grown to a point where she's 10 inches from my Mars II 400. Please let me know what you think...this is my first real grow...All your help is much appreciated!
IMG_264112.jpg
IMG_27238.jpg
IMG_27207.jpg

I think it looks like a classic case of Cal Mag deficiency. Cal is the brown spots, Mag is the yellowing. For some reason plants grown under LED need additional Cal Mag in their feeding schedule.

I think it looks like a classic case of Cal Mag deficiency. Cal is the brown spots, Mag is the yellowing. For some reason plants grown under LED need additional Cal Mag in their feeding schedule.

Give that man another cookie...lol. By now you should have a whole jar full...lol.

Classic Cal/Mag....i'm looking at a chart now.

Haha, I love cookies :) I got a nomination for member of the month & that's better than a jar of cookies, I feel like I've been sprinkled in happy dust :)

Great work so far KJC, looking forward to your journal as always.
Sub'd.

On another note, when you have time please have a look at my journal. I have spotting on only a few plants/fan leaves that I have had trouble diagnosing. Looks like mag deficiency but it doesn't seem to be that.
Thank you in advance.

I use Active Eye Growroom Glasses to protect my eyesight from damage from the Ultra Violet and Infra Red wavelengths in the light emitted by grow room lighting.

https://hydrofarm.com Active Eye Growroom Glasses

Ordered some of these today:)
My eyes have not been happy with the LED lighting.

if they don't help enough with LED lighting, they will still be good under the HPS :)

Hello KingJohnC...I wanted your advice because I know you're always around helping members :) Please take a look at these pics and would you be able to diagnose the problem here? It's either a nute problem or some heat stress...My plant has grown to a point where she's 10 inches from my Mars II 400. Please let me know what you think...this is my first real grow...All your help is much appreciated!
IMG_264112.jpg
IMG_27238.jpg
IMG_27207.jpg

Your leaf damage appears to be a calcium and phosphorous deficiency. Are you using a calcium and magnesium supplement? Plants grown under LED light panels have a higher requirement for calcium and magnesium. I would increase the amount of phosphorous or bloom nutrients you are supplying your plant as well.

On another note, when you have time please have a look at my journal. I have spotting on only a few plants/fan leaves that I have had trouble diagnosing. Looks like mag deficiency but it doesn't seem to be that.
Thank you in advance.

I have replied to your Grow Journal.

I have replied to your Grow Journal.

And I have replied to your reply...
Thanks KJC, I really appreciate you taking the time, Cheers.

Thanks man!

Your leaf damage appears to be a calcium and phosphorous deficiency. Are you using a calcium and magnesium supplement? Plants grown under LED light panels have a higher requirement for calcium and magnesium. I would increase the amount of phosphorous or bloom nutrients you are supplying your plant as well.

Thank you for your reply KJC...I am typically using cal/mag along with my bloom nutes and liquid karma. This makes sense cos the last time I watered I used straight ph'd water...no cal/mag. I fed with full nutes and supplements just yesterday so I think I should see improvement. Thanks again for the help and sorry to just bombard your journal :S

This Critical Kush loves its nutes and apparently cal/mag as well :thanks:

Just as an FYI, I had a plant outdoors that started showing phosphorous deficiency but it wasn't due to lack of nutes, turned out to be night temps getting too low. Moved plant indoors and all signs of P deficiency stopped with no change to feeding schedule.

Hi KingJohn in an early post you had mentioned that plants under LED need Cal/Mag are you saying that I should be feeding them more then what the manufacturer recommends? Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom