KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

High KJC!
Do you find it harder to keep your room cool in the summer running LEDs or easier?

I find it mush easier to control the temperature in my Grow Bay #1 in the summer with the 3x Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x's and the 1x Lush Lighting Dominator 2x totalling =975 watts actual draw and my temperatures are cooler then when I was using a 1000 watt Lumatek Digital Dimmable ballast set on Super Lumen setting so 1100 watts of High Pressure Sodium lighting. The temperature in my Grow Bay #1 rarely rises above 76° Fahrenheit and usually the temperature sits at 73°-75° Fahrenheit with all 4x Lush Lighting LED panels totalling 975 watts actual draw and my temperature would be in the mid 85°+/-5° Fahrenheit with 1x 1000 watt High Pressure Sodium light.

The equipment from @JJ Bones at www.perfectgardens.com has worked well to circulate the air and remove odours in Grow Bay #1.

Vortex Inline Fan 6in 452CFM - Perfect Gardens

Phresh Filter 6in x 24in 550CFM - Perfect Gardens

LTL Temp - Day/Night Temperature Controller - Perfect Gardens

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Great pics, KJC. I feel like I've crawled up every branch and sniffed every bud.....I'm exhausted!

Great journal as always KingJohnC, thank you for letting me ask this question to all of your subscribers.
QUESTION: If you put a night vision camera in the flower room while it is dark, will it hurt the plant?
Thank you kind Sir for allowing me to post my question here.

Good question 60.

That wasn't an update Judge John, it was a picture book; A good one I might add. Much more enjoyable with the white lighting.

Great journal as always KingJohnC, thank you for letting me ask this question to all of your subscribers.
QUESTION: If you put a night vision camera in the flower room while it is dark, will it hurt the plant?
Thank you kind Sir for allowing me to post my question here.

LED illuminated? Then I would say yes for sure. Infrared? Maybe? Which is what most night vision devices use. These devices pul in an image and uses an image intensifier. It doesn't shoot out a light.

Hope that helps

Flower Day 66

All of the plants were watered with a nutrient solution consisting of 7 millilitres per gallon of Flora Gro, 5 millilitres per gallon of Flora Micro, 10 millilitres per gallon of Flora Bloom, 5 millilitres per gallon of Liquid KoolBloom and 5 millilitres per gallon of Cal-Mag Plus.

https://www.perfectgardens.com general hydroponics flora gro gallon

https://www.perfectgardens.com general hydroponics flora micro gallon

https://www.perfectgardens.com general hydroponics flora bloom gallon

https://www.perfectgardens.com general hydroponics liquid koolbloom gallon

https://www.perfectgardens.com botanicare cal-mag plus gallon

I do not believe that the AK48 #3 that produced 1 female pollen sack is finished growing as the trichomes colour have not changed to amber yet. I do check my plants for any changes and noticed the female pollen sack quite early, I will continue to keep an eye on all of the plants for any changes.

Do you think the nanners are genetic or stress related? Or will they just all do it when ending their life cycle?......:circle-of-love:

It has been shown that a cannabis plant left in flower far longer than normal, as a last ditch effort, at the very end, it will put out "nanners", to try and make SOME sort of seed.

Do you think the nanners are genetic or stress related? Or will they just all do it when ending their life cycle?......:circle-of-love:

I think feminized seeds are more prone to throw nanners than regular seeds.

The genetic background of the AK48 #3's is from regular seeds that I selected this phenotype as the mother plants I will continue using unless I see a lot more Bolting in the other AK48 '3 plants as well.

Flower Day 66

I replaced the 1x 4' 2700 kelvin warm white Florescent tube with 1x 4' 6400 kelvin daylight Florescent tube, there are now 2x 4' 6400 kelvin daylight Florescent lights that I will use to assist with taking photographs.

The genetic background of the AK48 #3's is from regular seeds that I selected this phenotype as the mother plants I will continue using unless I see a lot more Bolting in the other AK48 '3 plants as well.

Bolting is Foxtailing, did I miss something?

Bolting is where a female cannabis plant late in flower develops female pollen sacks in an effort to reproduce. The female pollen sacks are often referred to as Bananas due to their yellow colour and shape. Foxtailing is where late in flower either due to grow conditions or genetics a female cannabis plant will grow new pistils and calyxes that grow out of the buds in protrusions that resemble a foxes tail.

Bolting is where a female cannabis plant late in flower develops female pollen sacks in an effort to reproduce. The female pollen sacks are often referred to as Bananas due to their yellow colour and shape. Foxtailing is where late in flower either due to grow conditions or genetics a female cannabis plant will grow new pistils and calyxes that grow out of the buds in protrusions that resemble a foxes tail.

Not to be argumentative, but I grow other things besides cannabis, and this term has long been used to mean irregular flower chutes... It is MAINLY used in leafy, or root vegetables. In cannabis it is shows itself by irregular, or misshapen flower growth known as foxtailing:

EDIT: - In the strictest sense, a Cannabis plant could only bolt while in veg, but the term is loosened to also contain extra flower chutes while actually flowering

EDIT again: After further thinking... I can see how this can be confused... The male flower could be seen as Bolting, because it grows also as an extra growth. But think of it like this. All hermaphroditic flowers could be considered bolting, but not all bolting is hermaphroditic. Make sense?

Bolting (horticulture)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bolting is when agricultural and horticultural crops prematurely produce a flowering stem (or stems) before the crop is harvested, in a natural attempt to produce seeds and hence reproduce. These flowering stems are usually vigorous extensions of existing leaf-bearing stems, and in order to produce them, a plant diverts resources away from producing the edible parts such as leaves or roots, resulting in a poor quality harvest from the grower's point of view. Plants that have produced flowering stems in this way are said to have bolted. Crops inclined to bolt include lettuce, beetroot, brassicas, spinach, celery and onion.

Bolting is induced by plant hormones of the gibberellin family, and can occur as a result of several factors, including changes in day length, the prevalence of low temperatures at particular stages in a plant's growth cycle, and the existence of stresses such as insufficient water or minerals. These factors may interact in a complex way. Day length may affect the propensity to bolt in that some plants are "long day plants", some are "short day plants" and some are "day neutral", so for example when a long day plant, such as spinach, experiences increasingly long days that reach a particular length, it will be inclined to bolt. Low temperatures can affect the propensity of some plants to bolt if they are experienced for sufficient periods at particular points in the life cycle of the plant; once these conditions have been met, plants that require such a trigger will subsequently bolt regardless of subsequent temperatures. Plants under stress may respond by bolting so that they can produce seeds before they die.

Plant breeders have introduced cultivars of bolt-prone crops that are less prone to the condition.

there it happened again ......Learned something else :nomo:

Back
Top Bottom