Keith's Real Second Grow - Banana Jealousy

Got the three plants in their final pots.

9BB56A87-B8DC-4538-A0A3-9E5DA52DBF6E.jpeg

2C388D53-6029-4EFB-83B2-8ADD4905EE6A.jpeg

6738AE3D-F1A2-4B4F-95DE-1533CF5F6FF8.jpeg

My 15-gallon pots are a lot smaller than the 20-gallon pots I used last year. I think I am going to like them in smaller pots hopefully the plants will be a little smaller. Best thing is I can move the pots with no problem, so I do not have the same problem as last year when I needed to move the plants as they get bigger. I can keep them out of the garden and in the sun. I hope this helps to keep the bud rot from coming off the tomatoes when they get the blight. 🍋

Moving right along, Keith.

They all look good! And your garden looks like it's going to be productive! Yums all around! :Rasta:

I received 12 more seeds from Royal Queen Seeds 3 Milky Way F1, 3 Mimosa, 3 Punch Pie and 3 Northern Light I now have more seeds than I can grow. But I will get some of these growing next years. As I said I have more seeds than I need when I only grow 6 plants at a time and keep 3. I hope to grow an auto this winter for my first in tent grow. 🍋

Thanks, GDB I hope my veggie garden produces a good bunch of tomatoes so we can do some canning. I am thinking about growing 2 Mimosa and 2 Northern Light then I will only need 2 more seeds to grow, and I am not sure what strain that will be yet. Maybe I will grow 4 plants for next year I only need to keep 4 plants to keep and 8 plants to start. I do not think I will have a problem getting rid 4 plants my cousin Brad will take them and then I know they will go to a good home. But I am all set for this year. I do need some wooden shafts for supporting the plants because it gets windy where they are now. My carcass sticks are too small for the plants. 🍋

Got the three plants in their final pots.

9BB56A87-B8DC-4538-A0A3-9E5DA52DBF6E.jpeg

2C388D53-6029-4EFB-83B2-8ADD4905EE6A.jpeg

6738AE3D-F1A2-4B4F-95DE-1533CF5F6FF8.jpeg
They're looking good!
Do you have anything under the pots to keep the roots from growing into the ground?

Congrats on the transplants...looking great! When you say move them around, do you mean drag? I'm getting to the point that lifting a watered 7 gallon is getting tough. :)

Do you have anything under the pots to keep the roots from growing into the ground?
Good question! Last year he mentioned that he was going to leave them in place so the roots could grow into the soil, but if moving them is on the agenda then plastic saucers would make sliding them much easier.

That's what I thought too, but earlier he said he didn't want to let that happen this year as it could lead to bigger plants, and then there was this...
Best thing is I can move the pots with no problem, so I do not have the same problem as last year when I needed to move the plants as they get bigger.
Saucers or pot elevators would both work.

They're looking good!
No last year I let them grow into the soil, just a bunch of small roots growing no big roots. I had to pull the bag off the ground it was on there. this year they are not in the garden they are on the green stuff I call grass. 🍋

They are not staying where I have them right now, they would be too close to each other. I learn that last year they cannot touch each other. This way if I see bud rot I am taking the plant out. I do not want a repeat of last year. I got bud rot because of several things I did. I believe I got bud rot from my tomato plants. The blight. So, they are not in the garden, and they are in 15-gallon pots so I can move them a couple times. They will get heavier if the roots keep growing like they are. The pots they came out of were all root ball. Did that make sense. The plants root ball was shaped like the pot. It did not fall apart at all. I was happy with it. Anything that comes out better than last year is good. I think I have learned a few things. :lot-o-toke: 🍋

That's what I thought too, but earlier he said he didn't want to let that happen this year as it could lead to bigger plants, and then there was this...

What are pot elevators. Sounds interesting. :lot-o-toke: 🍋

They even got fancy ones with wheels..😇 I think they look savvy 💚

What are pot elevators. Sounds interesting. :lot-o-toke: 🍋
Whoops, meant to answer this last night!
This is a pot elevator.
pot-elevator-jpg.3548249

They allow airflow under the pot, preventing roots from growing through.

Good morning my plants made it through their first night outside and got a nice rain shower which they needed. They are still a little droopy but that will end as soon as they are used to the new pots. It is off to the lake this afternoon and it is going to be a nice day in the 70s and sunny. I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one too. 🍋

Back
Top Bottom