Soaked them up good and the new leaves are standing up nice and strong. I swear they have grown more already this morning, when should I start feeding my Prescription Blend? I am using the A & B already for seedlings. Just not sure when I should start feeding them the 5 parts.

Soaked them up good and the new leaves are standing up nice and strong. I swear they have grown more already this morning, when should I start feeding my Prescription Blend? I am using the A & B already for seedlings. Just not sure when I should start feeding them the 5 parts.
I'd wait for the second set of true leaves to be completely in (and the 3rd set starting in the middle) and then start the Week 1 blend.

Good morning, all. Sun is nice and bright this morning just mixed up a gallon of Prescription Blend A & B only once my pots dry out, I will soak them again. ph 6.5 tap water. Will take pictures in a couple minutes. Those peat pots soak up the water and one of them is starting to break apart so I will have to handle that one gingerly. Do you think compost made up of 2-year-old cow manure will work for building soil? I will also add worm casting and perlite. Do you think I need to add anything else? I will not need the soil for a couple more weeks, but I will get the ingredients in the next couple of days and build a pile in the garden.

New morning pictures and more growth however small

ADC94F45-77C8-4609-BA9B-46A192E3AD1A.jpeg

4F906C8B-516A-4A1C-8848-851A504769F8.jpeg

1BD6FA78-46E7-44AE-A905-B56CFBCDD88F.jpeg

Good morning, all. Sun is nice and bright this morning just mixed up a gallon of Prescription Blend A & B only once my pots dry out, I will soak them again. ph 6.5 tap water. Will take pictures in a couple minutes. Those peat pots soak up the water and one of them is starting to break apart so I will have to handle that one gingerly. Do you think compost made up of 2-year-old cow manure will work for building soil? I will also add worm casting and perlite. Do you think I need to add anything else? I will not need the soil for a couple more weeks, but I will get the ingredients in the next couple of days and build a pile in the garden.
I like adding some bokashi, Frass and DynoMyco to mine but don’t forget to water it to activate it. Then I wait until white fungus is growing on top. Then you know it’s ready. CL🍀

I like adding some bokashi, Frass and DynoMyco to mine but don’t forget to water it to activate it. Then I wait until white fungus is growing on top. Then you know it’s ready. CL🍀
Where does one get bokashi and Frass? I have never heard of it, but after seeing your plants I know it works.

Where does one get bokashi and Frass? I have never heard of it, but after seeing your plants I know it works.
I got mine from zon but you don’t want the Frass to be hot. PM if you want the name of what I use. CL🍀

Amazon sells 2 kinds, get the cheapest bag of bokashi.
You don't need the extras.
Frass is insect poop.
Meal worms or crickets is common.
Zon has it aswell or your local hydro shop.
Just be careful some brands have higher N. Content
It can burn babies.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Amazon sells 2 kinds, get the cheapest bag of bokashi.
You don't need the extras.
Frass is insect poop.
Meal worms or crickets is common.
Zon has it aswell or your local hydro shop.
Just be careful some brands have higher N. Content
It can burn babies.

Bill284 😎
I can get worm casting for $1.50 a pound I have it planned for my soil I am going to make for my 15-gallon pots. I already contacted them and just waiting a couple weeks.

once my pots dry out, I will soak them again. ph 6.5 tap water.
Feed feed feed. I don't believe there's anything in Rx Blend about plain water feeds.
Those peat pots soak up the water and one of them is starting to break apart so I will have to handle that one gingerly.
Drop the peat in solo cups, problem solved!
Do you think compost made up of 2-year-old cow manure will work for building soil? I will also add worm casting and perlite. Do you think I need to add anything else? I will not need the soil for a couple more weeks, but I will get the ingredients in the next couple of days and build a pile in the garden.
If you're building your own soil with sources of nutrients you might need to be careful with the Rx Blend, which is designed to work with media not already loaded with nutes.

Feed feed feed. I don't believe there's anything in Rx Blend about plain water feeds.

Drop the peat in solo cups, problem solved!

If you're building your own soil with sources of nutrients you might need to be careful with the Rx Blend, which is designed to work with media not already loaded with nutes.
Do you think 2-year-old cow manure and worm casting is much nutrients? I could ditch the cow manure for plan old topsoil and maybe even ditch the worm castings. Never needed to get soil before but I have 5 15-gallon pots to fill. I do have my garden soil, but it does have some weeds in it, not much but some.

Do you think 2-year-old cow manure and worm casting is much nutrients? I could ditch the cow manure for plan old topsoil and maybe even ditch the worm castings. Never needed to get soil before but I have 5 15-gallon pots to fill. I do have my garden soil, but it does have some weeds in it, not much but some.
If I mix soil I always add Gia Green veg 4-4-4 to it .
I never have issues.

PSX_20230511_150007.jpg

Bill284 😎

I know that @StoneOtter digs holes in his garden and fills them with his LOS along with GeoFlora and deals with whatever weeds come up as they come up. But at least what's right around the base of the plants is weed-free.

Cow manure shows up as 3-2-1 so it's got a lot of N in it and you'll be adding more with Rx Blend. If you can find unamended clean soil that just needs perlite and maybe some dolomite lime that might be enough.

I can get worm casting for $1.50 a pound I have it planned for my soil I am going to make for my 15-gallon pots. I already contacted them and just waiting a couple weeks.
The Frass I use is neutral no NPK so it’s not a problem at being hot. CL🍀 Edit: With perlite more is better and don’t worry about adding too much. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom