Most people start with wet trimming and after a couple of grows and bigger harvests you realize you have to optimize and improve on your methods.

The buds will die off slower and dries better with dry trimming IMO. I remove the larger leaves but that's about it. Wet trimming also breaks the cell membrane barrier all over the plant making it more prone to be inoculated by bacteria and rot during drying.
I grow outside and wet trim so I can inspect every flower for mold, fungus, little bugs, and caterpillars before I hang them up to dry. That way there's nothing in them that could cause surprises when it's time to cut them off the lines.

If I grew in a tent I might give dry trimming a try though.

If I grew in a tent I might give dry trimming a try though
Lies! I know you, like me, would still be looking for pests and mold! You may say you might but Shed dry trimming just doesn't sound right!

I dry trimmed once on my Super Silver Cracks but it made me so nervous the whole time they were drying-what if something is homing it up in there, I wondered.

Nothing was but fact of the matter is, there could have been and there always can be and I can avoid some nasty and disheartening things just by wet trimming (even though I am in a tent)

Either way my friend, you are going to be in trim jail forever and again, I wish I was closer to help. God Speed my large plant growing buddy

Hello :420: Not so nice here today rain off and on all day. I did check the plants and they are doing fine. Not much to report on the flowering everything is wet and I will not have any pictures to share. Tomorrow will bring a better day I hope. I hope everyone had a good Tuesday. I hope my sour diesel will show more pistils tomorrow I will have to wait and see. Everyone have a good night and I will check in again tomorrow. Later :thumb:🍋

True and I cover my plants so I will be feeding again tomorrow.
We had rain all day yesterday and on n off today but I got almost 2gls. of rainwater that my Tigers enjoyed with their @Prescription Blend until runoff. So you know that saying about lemons and no not the Keith 🍋 kind. lol CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

I grow outside and wet trim so I can inspect every flower for mold, fungus, little bugs, and caterpillars before I hang them up to dry. That way there's nothing in them that could cause surprises when it's time to cut them off the lines.

If I grew in a tent I might give dry trimming a try though.
Hey Shed, asked Jon yesterday - wait that’s earlier today for you - if he’d ever washed his buds before trim.

Its so counterintuitive, hydrophobic they may be! The outdoor tent we have will probably do it as pests/bugs are far more likely there than ones flowered upstairs.

Nick

Good afternoon :420: I was unable to post yesterday so here we go for today. It was a overcast day today and everything is damp. My plants are looking fine with the apple fritter showing more pistils and the sour diesels still in preflower. All three plants got feed. I will be gone for 3 days next week so there will be no posting for me I am going to Maine with my brothers and sisters I will be at Drakes Island in Wells, we got a house for a few days. I will need to get my son to feed my plants during this time. My sickly sour D is doing very good and most of the yellowing is gone. It is going to be a long flowering time for the sour D's looks like the first week of November for harvest on the sour D's. I hope the apple fritter will be ready by the end of October. Hope you all had a good day and happy growing. :thumb:🍋

Some pictures

0ADCBBB1-FEA6-40C0-A389-23D9426D008A.jpeg

884DC11C-4A6D-4819-B053-ED62F38966F0.jpeg

0D9C6BE5-29B4-4873-B901-C961A4C76C24.jpeg

CAFB335C-657D-4D9A-A593-1AF321CEE59F.jpeg

1D415349-A357-4688-9469-09A37463CE54.jpeg

B938CBC3-A546-4EC2-BBDC-FD0C3F83AEB0.jpeg

07D38717-14FA-4F22-885B-277B44764282.jpeg

Lies! I know you, like me, would still be looking for pests and mold! You may say you might but Shed dry trimming just doesn't sound right!

I dry trimmed once on my Super Silver Cracks but it made me so nervous the whole time they were drying-what if something is homing it up in there, I wondered.

Nothing was but fact of the matter is, there could have been and there always can be and I can avoid some nasty and disheartening things just by wet trimming (even though I am in a tent)

Either way my friend, you are going to be in trim jail forever and again, I wish I was closer to help. God Speed my large plant growing buddy
I give a quick wet trim and then I trim again before jarring. I tried dry trimming once and kept cutting off little pieces of buds. CL🍀

Looks like you're growing a proper English hedgerow. Have a great time with the siblings!
:circle-of-love:
But remember Keith if there’s a bustle in your hedgerow don’t be alarmed now it’s just a spring clean for the May Queen! 😮 Ooh and it makes me wonder 💭. Lmao 🤣 CL🍀. :rofl: :rofl::rofl::cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom