Keffkas Coast Of Maine Line, TLO/LOS Style, Bagseed, Indoor Grow

I’m 99% sure it’s gonna be cal/mag.. It’s on this specific cal/mag hungry plant, and appears in the same areas as cal/mag tells.

A29A5EB2-2FE1-40C4-BF8F-633FC8CB1D1B.jpeg

Sorry I was shopping. Good I'm glad its not bugs.

I am extremely careful and diligent about what and who goes into that grow room.. we deal with all the classic problems here.. PM, thrips, spider mites, aphids, etc. so I don’t allow anything from the outside in.. and if for some reason I have to bring something in, it’s going through a quarantine.. bugs popping up would take a stroke of insanely bad luck

Wooo boy the plants are stinking now.. Ironically, one of the things I was most excited about with the new phone was taking good trichome pictures, however, turns out, because of the multiple eyes on the camera, my macro lens doesn’t work as well as it did on the iPhone 7. I either am missing something in regard to using the macro lens with the multiple eye layout, or it’s just not going to work and I may need a different lens, or I may need to use the 7. I can’t get the real close shots of the trichomes like I did with my previous phone.

Here’s the new phone

0622E779-343A-43C1-84F7-EA0E8DF568C0.jpeg

And here’s the old phone
14CAC423-1149-48E0-BBB4-3CD3B32A552C.jpeg

I’m gonna wait another week or two and see if maybe the problem is the trichomes aren’t large/swelled enough yet.

@StoneOtter you snap some decent trichome pics.. do the trichomes get larger/swelled as they age? Is it possible I’m just trying too early for trich shots?

The only info I’m getting is related to increasing quantities of trichomes, nothing really about their size

I’d say by the looks of things, I’m gonna have to harvest in batches, which means I’m gonna have to create something for drying instead of using the room which is disappointing.

Plant 1 looks like she’ll be done first
C5AEE569-27DB-4C14-96C4-F41FD4F2A58B.jpeg

Plant 2 is up next, probably 1-3 weeks after plant 1
DB1B37CA-B9E9-4DD4-B5E2-3D94B9454D20.jpeg

Plant 3, she hasn’t signaled the end at all, 99% of her hairs are still white
A3DF9872-A8A2-4B85-9272-100165233037.jpeg

I just the 14 first Iphone after 15 yr androids bit of a learning curve but WTF why didnt I get one 15 yrs agolol
I would never go back to android, I love my iPhone. I do everything with it, I have a couple of 🔥 tablets + a laptop but hardly use them. CL🍀

I would never go back to android, I love my iPhone. I do everything with it, I have a couple of 🔥 tablets + a laptop but hardly use them. CL🍀

I would buy an older iPhone before I bought a newer android these days. Apple ran away with the W in the smart phone market.

I’d say by the looks of things, I’m gonna have to harvest in batches, which means I’m gonna have to create something for drying instead of using the room which is disappointing.

Plant 1 looks like she’ll be done first
C5AEE569-27DB-4C14-96C4-F41FD4F2A58B.jpeg

Plant 2 is up next, probably 1-3 weeks after plant 1
DB1B37CA-B9E9-4DD4-B5E2-3D94B9454D20.jpeg

Plant 3, she hasn’t signaled the end at all, 99% of her hairs are still white
A3DF9872-A8A2-4B85-9272-100165233037.jpeg
I always use a ScrOG and usually do at least 2 diffrent strains with same flower time and so far everything has worked out till now I am growing 3 Sour Tangy Chemdawgs and anotherplant a Purple dawn fire all 4 similar Sativia leaning the 3 STD's really itch :rofl: ( sry couldnt help it) seriously though they all 3 seem to be a week apart from each other. I know exactly what you are talking about I can do 60/60/10 in my tent. But thats the only place I have that wont get too warm. I guess it wouldnt hurt to have a back up drying room.

@StoneOtter how do you think I should approach droughting? My plants show drought stress if they go longer than 18-24 hours without water. I’m thinking my only choice is going to be to start it when I only have a few days until harvest and just drought into chop

SIPs and/or drip feeds are guaranteed in my future because I refuse to continue watering 3 times a day every time a plant blooms.
If you do try a SIP, just pay attention to the design you choose. Buds Buddy watered his 5g plant twice a day. But ReservoirDog and Emilya use a design that can go several days in between fill-ups.

Flip +38 camera drop. Lots of growth, buds are putting on some really good weight, throwing patches of trichomes by the hour it seems. There’s still a few days at least left for the veg growth on all of the plants. I might have to pickup additional yo-yos

Well @Keffka after looking at these pics I cannot wait to be putting my seedlings into super soil . I had my doubts about having big buds without adding Nutes but your reading and pics have me convinced .starting my seedlings this weekend I am so ready to Harvest and start it all over again

Would you mind explaining how you reuse your soil ? I understand how the soil and recharging or amending it But what do you do with the main stalk and the roots from your last plant? do you just dump your bags in a container mix it up and break up the remain parts of the old plant and let the soil eat it?
also when they talk about amending used soil are they talking about using something like Recharge or do they mean add more of the original bone meal, guano ect? I will understand it a lot better once I get that first SS grow under my belt but right now, like you said the more you learn the more you need to know lol

Well @Keffka after looking at these pics I cannot wait to be putting my seedlings into super soil . I had my doubts about having big buds without adding Nutes but your reading and pics have me convinced .starting my seedlings this weekend I am so ready to Harvest and start it all over again

Yup, and these are 3 gallon pots off bag seed, nothing dialed into the strain, in a passive environment while I’m still learning the light.

This method works well. It’s about giving the plants access to all of the nutrients they could ever need all the time, in a way that lets them take it when they want it the way nature intended instead of forcing them to take it when I want it. It enables you to reach the genetic max potential of the plant in quality and yield, no sacrifices.

It’s hard to estimate weight but I’m hoping for 2-3 ozs per gallon which would land me at a pound on the low end between the 3 plants. My first run on the method saw 1.25 ozs per gallon, I believe I’m well past that already visually. Here’s the first run at harvest
37A15E5F-4127-4D0A-82FB-7E60FF1D03F3.jpeg

I believe I’m well ahead of that in quality and yield already.

Don't ya love that leaf to Calyx ratio I got harvest coming next week end and for once Im not worried about trimming I doubt I even have to use my Bowl trimmer. I had some harvest that I was tempted to use the weed eater lol Looks like you will have little trim work also

Would you mind explaining how you reuse your soil ?

There’s a few different ways to go about reusing soil. You can cook it (compost it) with good results, you can feed to a worm bin with great results, or you can do some in between of the two.

As soils are used on specific strains, they build microbial communities that are inherent to the strain. Meaning, as you use a soil more and more on a specific strain, it gets better and better. More efficient, greater quality, etc. Lots of the super important bacteria in cannabis growth have specific ratios they exist in for each strain.

I understand how the soil and recharging or amending it But what do you do with the main stalk and the roots from your last plant? do you just dump your bags in a container mix it up and break up the remain parts of the old plant and let the soil eat it?

You can go a few ways with this.. you can chop it all up and toss it into a worm bin. The worms will eat it all and produce some amazing worm castings for you that are perfect for growing cannabis. This is the way I would recommend everyone move toward. You can take steps to get to this point but getting yourself a worm bin going should be a goal. Eventually you will be producing enough worm castings that all you will need to do is mix in a little used soil, some castings and an aeration amendment and you’ll grow above the top shelf cannabis.

My goal is to feed all of my amendments to the worm bin, then use those castings and some soil to grow water only. The worms will lock up the nutrients into their castings leaving you with all of the nutrition your plants will need in a perfect medium for growing.

You can break it all down into somewhat digestible chunks, then leave it as organic matter in your soil.

You can cook it which is just composting the soil, and the decomp process will help rid the larger matter and leave you with a healthy soil full of organic matter.

I am currently in the process of moving toward the worm bin option. I’ll be cooking my soil on the way to worm bins

also when they talk about amending used soil are they talking about using something like Recharge or do they mean add more of the original bone meal, guano ect? I will understand it a lot better once I get that first SS grow under my belt but right now, like you said the more you learn the more you need to know lol

Amending can mean a few things. It can mean just adding an amendment like all purpose 4-4-4 to your mix and mixing it up. Adding perlite to your mix is considered amending.

It can also mean cooking. You add your guanos and meals then cook (compost) them with a high N item and what you’re left with after 30ish days is your amended soil.

Back
Top Bottom