Katyjane420's Rock Steady Cookies Auto, DWC, First Grow

Thanks for all the advice!

My tent is too big for my closet. Oops. The girlfriend isn’t too happy about it.

I bought the hydroguard and calmag nutrients. They will arrive on Wednesday, depending on the weather.

My next purchase will be a PH/PPM/EC meter. Do any of our sponsors sell one?

I need to keep researching about ventilation.

Can I keep the powerstrip inside my tent? Will it over heat? Should I keep it on the outside?

I am currently resetting up (for what feels like the fifth time) my tent. I plan to hang my light and get everything in the correct place.

loved all the quotes!

what’s the weather like where you stay? It’s currently 5 degrees Fahrenheit and feels like -12F. We have some snow on the ground and we are going to get even more.

take care!

image.jpg
Most power strips have a light on the switch. You don't want even that light in your tent when the plants are supposed to be sleeping. When your tent is supposed to be dark it needs to be DARK, or you risk a hermie situation that you really don't want. Even a tiny light can possibly do it. My strong suggestion is to keep all your strips OUTSIDE the tent and run extension cords for fans or whatever off the strip. You can use the little tiny round ports for them, that is why they are there. I run the power cord for my lights out of the top round port, since the power cords for the lights are already up top. And btw, I saw someone talking to you about an exhaust fan and carbon filter. They were correct. You need an intake fan, an exhaust fan, and a filter, especially if odor is your primary concern. I would also research stealth strains. There's many of them that don't give off much odor at all. The consensus seems to be the AC Infinity fan series is real good and I agree - I have two of the S6s for my 5x5s. I use relatively inexpensive inline duct fans for my intake. And AC Infinity carbon filters, I agree, are real good.

So there's a little help hopefully for what it's worth. Good luck!

@katyjane420 I strongly advise you to keep a journal of everything that you do with your plant, nutes, air stones even moving your light. A small change in the plants environment can make the plant change its habits. I would also recommend starting your feeding at half strength of what's on the bottle and work your way up till you find what your plant can handle. Most importantly, if in doubt ask the question here on FAQ and you will get an answer. My first DWC grow netted me a 1/4 lb and I am good with that but I have also grew plants that only gave me 2 oz and I gave the rest of the seeds away. I have a mutant growing now that is ( I am not lying) that is 7' high and has buds all over it and I will be lucky to get 1 oz off of it. FREE BERRY BLUE SEEDS, LMAO. I wish you the best of luck and hope you get great yields. Do Si Dos is a good strain, got 6 oz and I am having some right now. My big plant pic, lmao.

20210216_114247.jpg
Hey Drillerjoe - Wow, what a mutant looking beast that girl is. Wow. So it looks like you made the reflective surfaces from rolled mylar? Nice job. Where'd you get the mylar? Online?

Hey Drillerjoe - Wow, what a mutant looking beast that girl is. Wow. So it looks like you made the reflective surfaces from rolled mylar? Nice job. Where'd you get the mylar? Online?
Got the mylar on Amazon, had 20 of these seeds, tried 10 and got 2 plants that grew to 18" the rest are all like the one in the pic, three point leaves all over. It eats, it drinks, just a bad cross breed I guess.

Got the mylar on Amazon, had 20 of these seeds, tried 10 and got 2 plants that grew to 18" the rest are all like the one in the pic, three point leaves all over. It eats, it drinks, just a bad cross breed I guess.
Thanks. Yeah it's an odd bird alright. It'll be interesting to hear about the buds from those guys and if they differ from the two plants that grew to 18".

Hey friends! It’s been an exciting time. I have a little green guy poking out of my root. My question is my seed still has its helmet on, what do I do?

huge shoutout to @Jon for all the help.

I have all my nutrients and my tools to read everything. I’m about to make a mixture for my girl. I’ll let you know what I do.

hope you are having a fantastic weekend and your plants are growing strong!

Take care

Hey @katyjane420.

Can you share a picture? Have you moved it to the hydroton yet?

Often the shells come off as they start to sprout. If you really have to, you can help it along if you like by doing what was mentioned above, but be very gentle. I always avoid it. I have fat thumbs and usually do more harm than good, so tweezers are a must for me if i ever attempt it.

Do I need to take it off with tweezers?
95% of the time, the seed will come off on its own as the plant grows. Remember, when you are jigging around with your plant by touching it with objects, you are introducing foreign bacteria to the plant, sterilize with alcohol first.

I have all my nutrients and my tools to read everything. I’m about to make a mixture for my girl. I’ll let you know what I do.
I'm sure a few of us have mentioned this previously, but do not give your seedling anything but water for at least the first 10 days. This is 10 days from sprout. When she pops above ground/coco/hydroton. And it's usually 14 days.

I repeat @katyjane420 - do not feed your seedling any nutrients at this time :peace:

I'm sure a few of us have mentioned this previously, but do not give your seedling anything but water for at least the first 10 days. This is 10 days from sprout. When she pops above ground/coco/hydroton. And it's usually 14 days.

I repeat @katyjane420 - do not feed your seedling any nutrients at this time :peace:
So I might have already. Like three days ago.

Give me a minute and I’ll update a picture of my baby girl.

do I give it stuff for the roots? I bought hydroguard bacillus root inoculant
You don't need hydroguard until the roots are in the water. You can use any other inoculants if you have them. I give Great White from very young. I wait until the sprout is up though. These aren't nutrients, they are classed as beneficials or "bennies".

One of the reasons you should not feed nutrients is because when seedlings are very young their roots are still frail and are building and developing. Nutrients (dissolvable salts) will most likely burn the roots and kill or stunt the seedlings. This is why you should wait a couple of weeks. To give the chance for roots to build.

Back
Top Bottom