Jon's First New Digs Grow

Fun Comparison

Even though I have tons of my own weed, none of it is especially recent and I’m a variety aficionado. So often I will buy some weed even when I have it. And now that I’m home in PA and around all my friends, I’m back to being a well connected individual. And today I got pretty lucky. My boy had some Colorado organic weed. I got some of two strains, Double Stuffed Oreo and Gorilla Cookies.

The DSO was a new strain for me but I just grew the Gorilla Cookies auto. I had two of them, and got a green pheno and a purple and silver pheno. The purple pheno was among the best auto weed I’ve ever grown. Super high quality and all around great weed. I just entered it last month in the NOTM contest.

Now I can present a comparison.

So this is my Gorilla Cookies auto:

And this is the Gorilla Cookies photo organic indoor I just grabbed from my buddy:

I dare say I did alright on the auto. It is almost exactly like the photo in every regard. Only difference I can see is mine is a bit more furry, and his is a small touch denser. But definitely the same strain.

FWIW.

Day 15

I got distracted yesterday and forgot to post the after shots, but they’re in today’s post.

First, here’s the side and top shots of the girls after their first significant watering.

May I ask @Jon, is that under 550 par !

These are my two Golds under 330/360 par depending on where they are in the rotation ;)

Day 15 AG CG 1 Oct.jpg

Cheers

May I ask @Jon, is that under 550 par !

These are my two Golds under 330/360 par depending on where they are in the rotation ;)

Day 15 AG CG 1 Oct.jpg

Cheers
Actually since you asked and since I hadn’t checked it since setting it, I just did. My brother must have accidentally lowered it a little when he was helping me the other night. It’s at 350-360, just as yours are. Tomorrow I will crank it up to 650-700. Wonder if that is the reason for the slow growth too? Thanks!

Day 15

I got distracted yesterday and forgot to post the after shots, but they’re in today’s post.

First, here’s the side and top shots of the girls after their first significant watering.

The first two pictures are the taller plant in the 5-gallon pot. This one is growing in the exact same way as I’ve almost always experienced with the WWC, which is tallish, with medium length internodal spacing and strong side branching that develops early compared to many other strains. I’ll call this one the “classic” phenotype. To me it grows like a hybrid.

The second two pictures are the shorter plant in the 7-gallon pot. This one appears to be different to me. At this point I see it’s shorter, with much tighter intermodal spacing. It also doesn’t pray as hard as the taller one. I’ll call this one the “Indica” phenotype. The strain is a cross of Watermelon Zkittlez and Wedding Cake. Despite being a bit indica heavy, it grows like a heavy and super productive hybrid most of the time, as in the first plant. This is rare for me with this strain. We will see as we go if they are indeed two different phenotypes.

Here’s some shots to show the strong early side branching and the overall structure, in the same order, ie, taller plant first.

Side branching is one of the strengths of this plant. They develop early and grow a lot. Often the colas get big enough to compete with the main colas. This is typical of how they grow.

So that’s that. Caught up.
Hi Jon. What age are they? I'm trying to track age appropriate growth in autos. I am comparing my latest vegging plant to these. Mine is 23 days old.

Actually since you asked and since I hadn’t checked it since setting it, I just did. My brother must have accidentally lowered it a little when he was helping me the other night. It’s at 350-360, just as yours are. Tomorrow I will crank it up to 650-700. Wonder if that is the reason for the slow growth too? Thanks!
Well, the reason I asked is some of my plants top fan leaves are experiencing slight canoeing at My light levels ?

I can't imagine turning the light UP ?

Day 28 The Girls 14 Oct.jpg

Cheers

Day 15

The first two pictures are the taller plant in the 5-gallon pot. This one is growing in the exact same way as I’ve almost always experienced with the WWC, which is tallish, with medium length internodal spacing and strong side branching that develops early compared to many other strains. I’ll call this one the “classic” phenotype. To me it grows like a hybrid.

The second two pictures are the shorter plant in the 7-gallon pot. This one appears to be different to me. At this point I see it’s shorter, with much tighter intermodal spacing. It also doesn’t pray as hard as the taller one. I’ll call this one the “Indica” phenotype. The strain is a cross of Watermelon Zkittlez and Wedding Cake. Despite being a bit indica heavy, it grows like a heavy and super productive hybrid most of the time, as in the first plant. This is rare for me with this strain. We will see as we go if they are indeed two different phenotypes.

Here’s some shots to show the strong early side branching and the overall structure, in the same order, ie, taller plant first.

Side branching is one of the strengths of this plant. They develop early and grow a lot. Often the colas get big enough to compete with the main colas. This is typical of how they grow.

So that’s that. Caught up.
They're looking healthy Jon, i bet you're thinking about another plant or 2 all ready when was the last time you had such a small grow?

Well, the reason I asked is some of my plants top fan leaves are experiencing slight canoeing at My light levels ?

Cheers
Canoeing is usually a result of too much light or too much heat or both. I’d check your numbers.

Hi Jon. What age are they? I'm trying to track age appropriate growth in autos. I am comparing my latest vegging plant to these. Mine is 23 days old.
Today is day 16 Carmen.

Canoeing is usually a result of too much light or too much heat or both. I’d check your numbers.
Heat is just under 80, rh is around 50% ! The rest of the room stays around 76.

Exhaust fan is set for 80 and only runs for a couple of minutes occasionally...

If the power knob actually means anything it's at 50% and now 24" above plants. Phlizon says 60% for this stage of growth..

Growing different strains all the time it is not unusual to have one or two with slight canoeing so I just pick a happy medium ;)

Perhaps it's just the how/where and what we each are measuring par with ?

Still planning to purchase a dedicated lux meter although I think observation is the best tool 😆

Cheers

Cheers
I don’t know what I clicked that put me in the comment section, but here I am. Is there an oops button anywhere so I can undo when I uh-oh?

Heat is just under 80, rh is around 50% ! The rest of the room stays around 76.

Exhaust fan is set for 80 and only runs for a couple of minutes occasionally...

If the power knob actually means anything it's at 50% and now 24" above plants. Phlizon says 60% for this stage of growth..

Growing different strains all the time it is not unusual to have one or two with slight canoeing so I just pick a happy medium ;)

Perhaps it's just the how/where and what we each are measuring par with ?

Still planning to purchase a dedicated lux meter although I think observation is the best tool 😆

Cheers
Nah I think it’s exactly what you said. Some strains just do that.

Well, this one will undo things...
Screenshot_20241015-131639.png

And if it saved a draft, you can tap the 3 dots just to the right of that, tap the thing that looks like a 3.5" floppy disk and then select "Delete Draft".
Thanks!

Two years ago I left a relatively brand new glass piece in my friends car. Today she stopped by to see me and sure enough, it was exactly where I left it - in her glove box. Yay! Finally got my bowl back! It’s good to be in PA.

IMG_7198.jpeg

IMG_7199.jpeg

IMG_7200.jpeg

Hey Carmen - I thought about this some more and I settle on this: there’s no such thing as “age appropriate growth.” It’s way too strain specific for there to be a “reference point.” It’s also medium specific, environmentally specific, light specific, etc…. There are simply too many factors involved for it to be possible to find a commonality that you seem to be searching for. Imho.

Back
Top Bottom