Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Afternoon in the Sun!

I have been doing this when the weather permits. Usually there’s an afternoon deluge but it’s brief. They fricking LOVE real sunlight. Sun makes everything better. And you can see their real colors. The clone is too big to come outside. Sorry girl.

IMG_2545.jpeg

Afternoon in the Sun!

I have been doing this when the weather permits. Usually there’s an afternoon deluge but it’s brief. They fricking LOVE real sunlight. Sun makes everything better. And you can see their real colors. The clone is too big to come outside. Sorry girl.

IMG_2545.jpeg
@Azimuth - this is one reason I asked about the EWC. See the Skywalker on the left? I see she’s asking for N. I think the answer is EWC. Do you see what I see?

@Azimuth - this is one reason I asked about the EWC. See the Skywalker on the left? I see she’s asking for N. I think the answer is EWC. Do you see what I see?
Agreed.

I'd put some in a jug of water and swirl them a few times a day for a couple of days as well, helps get the goodies released for use by the plant. Top dress with some as well.

Agreed.

I'd put some in a jug of water and swirl them a few times a day for a couple of days as well, helps get the goodies released for use by the plant. Top dress with some as well.
Thanks! And wow! I actually got it right! Maybe I am learning something after all.

You can also make a (mostly) shelf stable Worm Castings Tea to always have it at the ready.
I’m on that too. My Yoda is sending me his recipe. Soil too. I have a picture of all the soil ingredients but can’t make out six of them. I’m waiting on those and the tea. Will post in the lab when it comes. He’s sending both a general tea and an EWC-based tea.

remo's decent stuff. a number of techs from GH and AN went to work on the formulas. microbes don't like the bottle nutes too much. the good news is it only takes a day or so for them to repopulate.

remo's decent stuff. a number of techs from GH and AN went to work on the formulas. microbes don't like the bottle nutes too much. the good news is it only takes a day or so for them to repopulate.
Yeah, and thanks. No nutes of any kind with the Geo plants, and not really any microbes in the coco/Remo autos.

Bubblegum Sherbet
Fun with Staking!!

Boy am I wishing I had put her in a bigger pot. Lmao! So here’s an example of the magic you can easily create with staking. Just use physics as you stake. Have the pull (force) from the stake head the way it needs to so as to affect the branch heading the way you want it. Including up! Up is such a great trick. It allows you to take weeks or days of “catch up” off your canopy. Why wait for those lower branches to catch up when you can stake them up to be even with the canopy right now? As long as their stems are long enough, it works great. Since I’m flipping this tent on a predetermined schedule (October 14), I need flat canopies now and at the right height. I’d love to leave them on their table and bucket if possible. This is perfect and the same height as out static clone.

Here’s a sun and tent shot from above, a side shot showing both canopies, and a shot of the underneath and the staking. Storm coming. Time to go inside kids, tell your brother and sisters.

IMG_2548.jpeg

IMG_2549.jpeg

IMG_2550.jpeg

IMG_2551.jpeg

Ok @Azimuth…the Skywalker was dry enough to be watered today. The others wait until tomorrow, but I did the EWC thing on the Sky.

I put half a cup of EWC into a gallon of lukewarm water and added a tsp of KMKY and a tsp of WM. All the Big 3 in one gallon, lol. Then I top dressed and mixed into the soil about a 1/4 inch layer of EWC and watered that in slowly. This EWC is ground pretty fine. Is that how it all comes? Made it easy.

So that’s that. How often would you suggest I do this? Maybe every third watering or so? Or more often?

Thanks Azi.

I put half a cup of EWC into a gallon of lukewarm water
You stingy bastard. How do you live with yourself?!?

:laughtwo:
Then I top dressed and mixed into the soil about a 1/4 inch layer of EWC and watered that in slowly.
Ok, that's a little better.

Dry castings can be quite hydrophobic so I find it easier to mist/spray them rather than pour water over them to rehydrate them. But that depends on how dry they are in the bag.

This EWC is ground pretty fine. Is that how it all comes? Made it easy.
They're actually not ground at all. The castings themselves are like tiny ball bearings. It really comes down to how finely screened the castings are from any bedding or left over feed. And the more aged they are the less other stuff you'll have in there. Given it's a commercial product I'd expect it to be well aged and well screened.

My stuff is a little more rustic. :cool:

You have no idea! :laughtwo:

The microbes in good castings are some of the most incredible additions to an organic grow you can get. They can help combat Damping Off Disease when popping seeds, all the way to help break things down at the end of a grow, not to mention the goodies they bring to the soil during a grow.

I don't grow in coco, but I do know @Bill284 uses a mix of organic inputs in his coco grow. I think castings are one of them but you'd probably know that better than I.

I also have never used Remo. Do they bring microbes in as part of the fertigation process?

That said, worm castings won't hurt anything and may help. Not much downside to using them, really. They can dry to a concrete-like consistency if you add a thick layer and then wet them and let them dry on top of the soil, but I put mine under a mulch layer and don't have that issue.

They are nicknamed "unicorn poop" for the almost unbelievable goodness they bring.
Thanks Azi, hope your having a nice weekend.
I'm sure I told Jon enough times he remembers but.;)
Bokashi, frass & DYNOMYCO are the microbes and fungi I use in coco.
Remo's Nature's Candy is great for keeping them healthy and happy.
Great source of food for them.
No worm castings in coco, puts a strain on the true coco ph range.
Besides it's got nutrients, I just want the microbes.
I feed any nutrients required when required.
No need for extra in the pot, just causes issues down the rd. Imo.
Morning Jon.:ciao:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

You stingy bastard. How do you live with yourself?!?

:laughtwo:

Ok, that's a little better.

Dry castings can be quite hydrophobic so I find it easier to mist/spray them rather than pour water over them to rehydrate them. But that depends on how dry they are in the bag.

They're actually not ground at all. The castings themselves are like tiny ball bearings. It really comes down to how finely screened the castings are from any bedding or left over feed. And the more aged they are the less other stuff you'll have in there. Given it's a commercial product I'd expect it to be well aged and well screened.

My stuff is a little more rustic. :cool:
Thanks @Azimuth! I get all you said. And yes, it was impossible to miss the pain in the ass of watering atop EWC, even mixed into the soil. Had to go real slow. Mist it in eh? Ok, that’s as easy as a spray bottle, right? And yeah, it seems well screened and dry. It’s pretty fine.

Thanks Azi, hope your having a nice weekend.
I'm sure I told Jon enough times he remembers but.;)
Bokashi, frass & DYNOMYCO are the microbes and fungi I use in coco.
Remo's Nature's Candy is great for keeping them healthy and happy.
Great source of food for them.
No worm castings in coco, puts a strain on the true coco ph range.
Besides it's got nutrients, I just want the microbes.
I feed any nutrients required when required.
No need for extra in the pot, just causes issues down the rd. Imo.
Morning Jon.:ciao:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
Hi @Bill284, and thanks! And yes, you taught me well. I did not and am not using EWC on the coco plants. I remembered that lesson. Natures Candy is part of the Remo line, so of course they get that in flower. And yes, I used bokashi, frass, and Great White in the coco pots and watered in with RGR. I want the 1 or 2 % it gives you on top of the Remo. Cuz that’s really about all it does. The myco and RGR I mean. They quickly get ignored as soon as chem nutes are in play as I understand it. They’re just there for in between to fill in gaps to me. Emilya told me it was useless and would only add a small % of help. I want that. Lol.

Thanks @Azimuth! I get all you said. And yes, it was impossible to miss the pain in the ass of watering atop EWC, even mixed into the soil. Had to go real slow. Mist it in eh? Ok, that’s as easy as a spray bottle, right? And yeah, it seems well screened and dry. It’s pretty fine.
I liked the really dark, rich looking black piles that come out of the water vessel at the last pour - all the EWC that sank. That looks like gold.

Hi @Bill284, and thanks! And yes, you taught me well. I did not and am not using EWC on the coco plants. I remembered that lesson. Natures Candy is part of the Remo line, so of course they get that in flower. And yes, I used bokashi, frass, and Great White in the coco pots and watered in with RGR. I want the 1 or 2 % it gives you on top of the Remo. Cuz that’s really about all it does. The myco and RGR I mean. They quickly get ignored as soon as chem nutes are in play as I understand it. They’re just there for in between to fill in gaps to me. Emilya told me it was useless and would only add a small % of help. I want that. Lol.
And @Bill284 - E can be wrong too. I disagree with her on this as you seem to as well. It adds more than 1 or 2 % imho. Heh.

@Azimuth - Well all the rest of the girls got EWC this morning, so now everyone has had a blast. Can you talk a little bit about frequency of application? In six days they get flipped and get a Geo Bloom nute application, and as of now they are all watered. So one more watering before the flip watering. Since I’m top dressing the Geo and watering in with RGR in six days at the flip, my spidey sense says don’t repeat the EWC until first watering post flip.

Thoughts? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom