Invi's Second Attempt - Some Classic Strains

Clear to slightly cloudy.

Thanks for the input!
Weird i thought i see more amber then clear... maybe i aint got the eyes for this!

Will post trich shots quite often from now i guess..

Thanks Ric!
Hope next batch of pix will show some progress as well :)

Thanks for warning! I'll start trich checks as soon as the calyxes fatten. Not sure why that did not happen yet... its day 49 afterall.
Trim looks to be easy here too.. love the buds.

Thanks Sir!
About lemon i wanted to write earlier the same, calyxes started to swell - she looks closest to harvest, after 7 weeks. According to the bank their quickest flower period was 9 weeks for SLH (but that was hydro, and all things optimal, unlike my grow).

She really confuses me... having a 7 weeker lemon pheno would be awesome :)
But sounds so unlikely...
that would be awesome:) I didn't say she WAS ready just that she looked to be on deck:)
Good weed to you Invi:)

Thanks for the input!
Weird i thought i see more amber then clear... maybe i aint got the eyes for this!

Will post trich shots quite often from now i guess..

I'm not there in person to see that well invi, what you can do is try looking at em with different color backgrounds, sometimes that will give you a better assessment. The pistils are a big clue as to when you're getting close, as soon as amber shows it's more of a personal preference to me, but of course everyone wants you to harvest the way they like their weed...........it just takes a while to figure out what you want from weed, especially now that you have a high degree of control over that! + reps

that would be awesome:) I didn't say she WAS ready just that she looked to be on deck:)
Good weed to you Invi:)

Yeah i know, but the trichs... McLoadie will hold me back luckily :)

I think i have no idea about trichs, will post some shots every day or two. Hope i'll get a lil help from you guys..
Based on how they look now, and my prev grow, i'd cut her in 3-7 days. That would mean 7.5 - 8 weeks...

I think i have no idea about trichs, will post some shots every day or two. Hope i'll get a lil help from you guys..
Based on how they look now, and my prev grow, i'd cut her in 3-7 days. That would mean 7.5 - 8 weeks...

Steady....focus....you are so close right now to superbness.........forget the breeder, too many variables....now you are the judge....and the girls will show you! I have three plants right now that I expect to go 90 days, and I don't need the space they are growing in, I have enough weed that I'm not worried about filling jars, I have a theory that the longer I can leave em maturing, the better the cure will be. The indicas will smoke when dry, but those long winded sativas take a minute!

I'm not there in person to see that well invi, what you can do is try looking at em with different color backgrounds, sometimes that will give you a better assessment. The pistils are a big clue as to when you're getting close, as soon as amber shows it's more of a personal preference to me, but of course everyone wants you to harvest the way they like their weed...........it just takes a while to figure out what you want from weed, especially now that you have a high degree of control over that! + reps

Thanks McLoadie!

Yeah i know its hard to see on these stupid pictures. And i only had 1 harvest where i had the chance to do it based on trich colors - so i have next to 0 experience in this.

The biggest problem is that i gave her nutes less then a week ago... I have to decide if i have to flush her hard and count on a harvest within a week, or can let her go longer.

Any input appreciated!

some close ups for these old eyes brother. all I see are pretty plants:) and some sugar. to far away to judge

I think you can get away with just water and some molasses. I have grown strains that were done in 7 weeks and some that took 10.
so it can be a crap shoot compared to what the breeder says and what they consider done.

Thanks McLoadie!

Yeah i know its hard to see on these stupid pictures. And i only had 1 harvest where i had the chance to do it based on trich colors - so i have next to 0 experience in this.

The biggest problem is that i gave her nutes less then a week ago... I have to decide if i have to flush her hard and count on a harvest within a week, or can let her go longer.

Any input appreciated!

IMHO, go a week and keep checking, I forget invi, are you organic? At this point I would be looking to lighten up a little on the N, the plants should start yellowing below within two weeks, if they are REALLY green, as they look, this will help with the cure and the end product, just back it off slowly and watch, you will be exercising your control muscle. This fine tuning and harvest planning is a difficult thing for me too, I want the best...every time, to allow a plant to express itself fully, and then I can adjust my technique to achieve my specific goals and tastes. My patients like the bone rattling sativa highs, and I get those by having a very small percentage of amber trichs. Their particular ailments call for high thc content, once trichs start to amber you are over the maximum cusp for thc and are now leaning toward cbd production. I don't know how these people function on the high thc, it makes me a wreck! I split this run with the patients this time, they get the sativas, and I get the indicas.....the indicas bring a premium donation from 4 to 5 hundred an ounce!

Made some trich shots too, and it looks like cloudy & few ambers and very few clear..?
Maybe she can be ready in 7-8 weeks?

Trichs, well i dunno
Looks like ready..?

What do you think..? I wouldn't mind cutting her in a week, an 8 weeker hazy SLH pheno would be awesome for the future.

Well i put a few calyxes in the micro. I smoked a bought joint less then an hour before (quite strong stuff).
Still lemon cleared up the previous effects. Much stronger then the dealer stuff.
Forgot to smoke it after the 2nd spliff...
Smiling in past 10 minutes partially becuase of the lemon, but also because i start to like the 'harvest'...

Energetic stuff, really high.

Wonder how long it lasts. Only getting stronger so far...
OK thats more better don't know how I missed these.
still got a little wait mostly clear but they will change rapidly once they start. I'd say another 10 to 14 days and she will be Tasty and you will be happy. some strains don't go amber at all:)

I think you can get away with just water and some molasses. I have grown strains that were done in 7 weeks and some that took 10.
so it can be a crap shoot compared to what the breeder says and what they consider done.

I would not mind letting her go for 11 weeks to be honest (i was counting at least on that much), but these pics are a bit alarming.

Sorry for the quality, i had to take her out and work fast since its supposed to be night time ... got no clear shots, but colors are well visible i think.

Some duplicates because of bad quality.

Now those are some nice pictures Invi:bravo:
I would say by next monday to check them again. when they do go all cloudy they will change quick..
you are really close tho 7 to 10 days maybe
your going to need sand paper to wipe the smile off your face brother:)

Yeah i know her yield is ridiculous - i f'd up her with too few nutes after the N od, but i simply did not get deficient leaves until it was too late.
So then it looks like an 8 weeker to you guys too... is this because of my fup, or can be because of the pheno? I'd really love an 8 week SLH which is on the hazy side of the strain..

Like FC And McLoadie Said, Wait!!! Sometimes Trcih's can Go Amber from Just being touched,Nothing To Do With Ripeness. Also, Do Not Always Believe The TIMES That Companies give For When To Harvest, Most Times(99%), They are Just Giving Info From Their Garden Area, Or A Buddies, And Obviously Not Yours!!! What I Am Saying Is That, Different Gardens And techniques, Different Times of Harvest, Not To Confuse You More,SER!!!:high-five: But I Would Wait At Least Another 7-14 days, And Cut The N From The Feeding, As Well As All Else, You Want A Good Two Week Flush,Or As Near As Possible At Least. In The Latter Stages Of Life, As N Should Be Cut Back, To ZERO In My Opinion, And Everything Else, But Sweet(Molasses) And Water. It Is Just Like Trees In Autumn, They Turn From Green ,To Gold, Reds, Purples,ETC, It Is Only Natural For Them To Do This, As They Are In The LAST STAGES OF LIFE, Pick Those Dried Leaves Off, They Can Be A Source Of Disease And Fungus, And Remove The Yellow Ones When They Stop Looking The Least Bit Green. Your Gonna Have A Nice Harvest, Enjoy It!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN:thumb:.

Like FC And McLoadie Said, Wait!!! Sometimes Trcih's can Go Amber from Just being touched,Nothing To Do With Ripeness. Also, Do Not Always Believe The TIMES That Companies give For When To Harvest, Most Times(99%), They are Just Giving Info From Their Garden Area, Or A Buddies, And Obviously Not Yours!!! What I Am Saying Is That, Different Gardens And techniques, Different Times of Harvest, Not To Confuse You More,SER!!!:high-five: But I Would Wait At Least Another 7-14 days, And Cut The N From The Feeding, As Well As All Else, You Want A Good Two Week Flush,Or As Near As Possible At Least. In The Latter Stages Of Life, As N Should Be Cut Back, To ZERO In My Opinion, And Everything Else, But Sweet(Molasses) And Water. It Is Just Like Trees In Autumn, They Turn From Green ,To Gold, Reds, Purples,ETC, It Is Only Natural For Them To Do This, As They Are In The LAST STAGES OF LIFE, Pick Those Dried Leaves Off, They Can Be A Source Of Disease And Fungus, And Remove The Yellow Ones When They Stop Looking The Least Bit Green. Your Gonna Have A Nice Harvest, Enjoy It!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN:thumb:.

Thanks James!

I wont feed her any more - and did not for quite a long time, just some occasional PK and my tea. Unfortunately i fed her 2 and 3 waterings ago (2 occasions, one at 70% then one at 40% recommended).
And yeah 7-14 days (edit: i meant days not weeks here) is exactly 8 weeks (she will finish her 8th in 7 days).
I will do a slight flush as well in case i decide to cut her near 7 days.

Thanks for all your support and help!

Can she be too quick because i did something wrong..? I mean is she ready in 8 weeks because of my mistakes, and not because of the dna? Or if they finish quicker that means they felt okay? And they finish later if the conditions arent too good?

Not sure if i should keep the pheno despite the yield and because of the 8 weeks. Everything is great about her except for yield to be honest, and that might be because of my N od too.

Back
Top Bottom