InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

One of the aforementioned #alllarf sativas. Heheh, just had to post it. :eek::laughtwo:

img_3258-jpeg.2716861

img_3078-jpeg.2716863

:bongrip:
Is it me or am I seeing things . What is that

One of the aforementioned #alllarf sativas. Heheh, just had to post it. :eek::laughtwo:
Wow, that looks similar to how Dr Grinspoon is often shown, which is often mentioned as being a really special smoke.
Anyone ever grown the Freakshow strain?
My brother grew one recently but pests did a number on it and he wasn't so fussed with what he was left with.
Here is the Candida germination test this morning after I put a layer of DE on top of the soil.
Yup, that's definitely a decent layer that's been applied! :)

Here is the Candida germination test this morning after I put a layer of DE on top of the soil. I know it doesn't work when it's wet but it is a physical barrier, and if it dries in the sun clouds today it will also become effective to shred the pests:

On the plus side, no major damage from the neem spray. The cots on the left one don't look happy but they were also being eaten as they emerged, so it's hard to tell what caused the yellowing. Still, I'll let them grow for a while to see how they do.

Quotes:

Definitely keeping the end user happy, that's for sure!

Great pics, thanks Graytail! What was it, and is there any trimming involved at all or just bucking them from the stems when they're dried?

That one reminds me of @Arctic Bowl's :rip: Malawi but his was smaller.

Loved that Neville, and it loved you once you warmed the place up for it!

Noice! Since I have four true sativas arriving later this year from @Table Mountain Sativa Co, I hope I can get similar results. 🤞

:eek: Looks like a budrot magnet! I'd never try that if I didn't live in the desert.

Srsly, pass!

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that pic!
As I was scrolling down the page and that image started showing, at first I thought it was a huge pile of kief or concentrate and was thinking, "holy sh1t!" :woohoo:, then I saw the plants and, yeah they're nice, but honestly, I was a little disappointed! :rofl:

Thursday update with more training on the (day 51) Purple Ghost Candy from @SeedsMan!

The top node branches had grown long enough that it was time to reposition the StankClips® as well as start to train the next node down, so let's dive into that.

Here is what it looked like this morning when I opened the tent:

I mention to note the angle at which the top leaves are bent because the ties for those got loosened before I moved the StankClips further out. That prevents the top node connections from getting too stressed, lessening the chance they break.

Also, the next node down has reached the top, so to prevent it from getting any taller, I needed to start to lay those branches flat as well.

Here is the pic after I moved the pipe cleaners:

And a shot of the lower node, now also tied to the lip of the pot:

I put a slight curl in that branch (by running my finger along the underside while pushing down on the topside) just inside the pipe cleaner to make it grow more up and out rather than just out. That prevents the plant from getting too wide at the top.

Here is the full plant, now with 4 ties running to the pot:

And the SaugaView®, with the circles around the new ties on the 2nd node down:

That covers today's PGC training, and next step will be when the top branches get long enough to lose the StankClips and get tied down on their own.

:thanks: for following along!

And to update the rest of the goings on, here is the start of the training on the CapJunky (day 48):

Here are the two summer grow plants outside after getting neemed:

For anyone interested, here is the Candida mother plant, 8 days after I did this to it:

Nicely recovered. Now if I could only remember when I last sprayed it with the canola oil test so I know when to spray it again... :hmmmm:

Finally, the Candida germination test plants, moving along in the solo cup:

I have cleaned the diatomaceous earth off the leaves, and the few fliers that appear I push down into the layer of wet DE on top. I haven't seen anything crawling around so I think it's working.

That's it from me, and I hope your week is cruising along well. For me, it's about noon and the sun's already out! :thumb:

Quotes:
Yup, that's definitely a decent layer that's been applied!
LOL! I kept adding more in the hope that the damping would finally stop, but eventually I gave up. :)
My brother grew one recently but pests did a number on it and he wasn't so fussed with what he was left with.
Oof, but we want to know how it smoked.
Looks like it gets thorns! How'd it smoke!
This is the question! :nomo:
As I was scrolling down the page and that image started showing, at first I thought it was a huge pile of kief or concentrate and was thinking, "holy sh1t!" , then I saw the plants and, yeah they're nice, but honestly, I was a little disappointed!
:laugh: sorry Mr K! If it makes you feel any better, here is a pic of the last batch of dry ice hash I made:

full

Is DE similar to concreate , looks hard . the franken bush looks like some evergreen in it wow and weird 🏜️
Actually it's more like really thick mud when it's wet. You can see the dents I made with barely a touch where I pushed the fliers into it.
DE = Diatomaceous Earth
Yes, thanks!

Thursday update with more training on the (day 51) Purple Ghost Candy from @SeedsMan!

The top node branches had grown long enough that it was time to reposition the StankClips® as well as start to train the next node down, so let's dive into that.

I mention to note the angle at which the top leaves are bent because the ties for those ties got loosened before I moved the StankClips further out. That prevents the top node connections from getting too stressed, lessening the chance they break.

Also, the next node down has reached the top, so to prevent it from getting any taller, I needed to start to lay those branches flat as well.

I put a slight curl in that branch (by running my finger along the underside while pushing down on the end) just inside the pipe cleaner to make it grow more up and out rather than just out. That prevents the plant from getting too wide at the top.

That covers today's PGC training, and next step will be when the top branches get long enough to lose the StankClips and get tied down on their own.

Are these going outside (or are they schlepped now) or will you force flowering?

Are these going outside (or are they schlepped now) or will you force flowering?
I schlep all my plants daily...outside every morning, inside every night. In veg, they go back into the tent with the light on at night, and when I decide to flower them they'll go in for 12 hours of darkness - either in the shed or the tent.

Last time I flowered any with the sun was back in 2019, but even then some got flipped inside. I just didn't have room for all of them in there.

I schlep all my plants daily...outside every morning, inside every night. In veg, they go back into the tent with the light on at night, and when I decide to flower them they'll go in for 12 hours of darkness - either in the shed or the tent.

Last time I flowered any with the sun was back in 2019, but even then some got flipped inside. I just didn't have room for all of them in there.
Yes you would definitely need a bigger shed and tent for that crew!

That's some good and fancy lst work Shed! Those plants are both beauties!
How bout those Candida lings?! Those were the first early seeds?
Thanks Otter! The Candida seeds were just two of three I picked out of the recent full seed harvest (posted here) to make sure they're good to go to happy homes. The paler one didn't split so I'll make sure to go through them carefully before they leave the house.
NIce hash making too! Man you've been busy! I'm behind my hash making dreams! Maybe after the summer grow if it goes well! Did I say that last year? Mighta.
The dry ice hash my son and I made back in early April, but I thought I'd repost the pic for Mr K so he didn't feel disappointed!

And it would be great to see you make some this fall with the smaller stuff from this summer's adventure. :thumb:
Yes you would definitely need a bigger shed and tent for that crew!
I'd have to move out of the city for that kind of inside space!

IKR? So weird.

LOL thanks Graytail!

It's a Thai leaning Destroyer pheno. ↑↑

I mention to note the angle at which the top leaves are bent because the ties for those ties got loosened before I moved the StankClips further out. That prevents the top node connections from getting too stressed, lessening the chance they break.

I put a slight curl in that branch (by running my finger along the underside while pushing down on the end) just inside the pipe cleaner to make it grow more up and out rather than just out. That prevents the plant from getting too wide at the top.

I still haven’t gone all in on full scale LST. I defoliate & leaf tuck but the real bending I’ve yet to do. This is a Sativa auto Trizkit from 20/Mendo at end of 7 weeks. Almost 30” tall.

IMG_0042.jpeg

IMG_0043.jpeg

I still haven’t gone all in on full scale LST. I defoliate & leaf tuck but the real bending I’ve yet to do. This is a Sativa auto Trizkit from 20/Mendo at end of 7 weeks. Almost 30” tall.
Nice looking plant in that small pot Chef Theo, and :welcome: to my perpetual journal! That plant looks like it could have benefited from some training early on, but it is nice to see some plants grown untouched and in their natural state.
Holy Sh1t!
LOL! Two months later and I still haven't done anything with it other than dry it out. I guess I'll sit down and make pucks some weekend and toss them in the freezer, since Temple Balls aren't something I want to commit to.

LOL! Two months later and I still haven't done anything with it other than dry it out. I guess I'll sit down and make pucks some weekend and toss them in the freezer, since Temple Balls aren't something I want to commit to.
I had never heard of "Temple Balls" before but it sounds a lot like what I scrape off the scissors and gloves every time I have a trim session! :D

I used to make the pucks, but honestly, they just look cool and transport easier. You generally end up breaking them apart to smoke, anyways, since a whole puck doesn't burn well. These days, I just store the kief in a jar (a 420 jar, actually) and sprinkle it on bowls or add some to a joint and it works out well. It will totally render a perfectly clean pipe useless quick, though, so be prepared with plenty of extra screens! ;)

Looks like it gets thorns! :) How'd it smoke!
Well it is not my type of smoke. I'm not a daytime smoker i like more indica strains. She was tasteting better after about a 4month jar cure. Smelled rather " cow barnish " early on so i did'nt smoke it. But it was a short light head buzz definitely doable in public walk about. Mehh won't grow it again.

Back
Top Bottom