InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

In case you missed this morning's pic of the poor Sour G, it's here!
Does this technique only work outside or work under lights indoors too? I've seen plants destroyed after only 5 or 6 days without water 11 seems unachievable?
I did mention this on the previous page:
This is my concern as well given how quickly my plants dry out in ProMix HP. I'm sure Caplan's tests were run indoors in a controlled environment, as are Maritimer's. Yesterday my plants got watered in the morning and sat in the sun with air temps at 88ºF (I'm sure leaf temps were near 100º) and humidity in the 20s. This morning they were pretty light already.
Though however long it takes to get that 50% change is not important as long as the wilt occurs.
taking the pooch for his ride in the country. looks like your measuring down when you should be up. know what i mean. The base of the tool points up along the branch, the opposite part of the tool you align with the petiole. The small angle it forms is LWA.
LOL! I would venture a guess that the dead leaf was not 50% more at attention alive than it is now. If you look at my protractor posts you can see that none of them start that close to the branch.

You got it! I'm sure that the 50% change in LWA will occur faster outside than in a controlled environment, but I'm still unclear on getting that measurement even with Maritimer's diagram.
OK finally on same page lol. I'm not as stupid as I come across, but not far off lol. If I'm understanding right I think your measuring the starting point of your angle wrong. I'm thinking starting point is more at this angle:
IMG_20211006_201127.jpg

I am probably wrong as usual but I'm thinking from what I can gather the starting point is where my line is assuming the leaves were at attention before.

OK finally on same page lol. I'm not as stupid as I come across, but not far off lol. If I'm understanding right I think your measuring the starting point of your angle wrong. I'm thinking starting point is more at this angle:
I am probably wrong as usual but I'm thinking from what I can gather the starting point is where my line is assuming the leaves were at attention before.
I'm not sure you saw Maritimer's correction of my drawing here, but the plant's leaves don't change that angle much even when they're dead!

I'm not sure you saw Maritimer's correction of my drawing here, but the plant's leaves don't change that angle much even when they're dead!
I did see it and I agree. I think you are already getting near the results you want your just measuring the starting top point of the angle lower than it is. So your not getting the 50 degrees when you measure but to look at they seem nearly there? Imagine the start of the stem as the line the direct starting point at the stem. Unless I'm seeing it wrong it looks like you are almost there?

IMG_20211006_201127.jpg

on old computer, but this should work. The petiole and leaf are in the middle of the two lines.

on old computer, but this should work. The petiole and leaf are in the middle of the two lines.
Oh, gotcha! Well your petioles are completely different from mine, so I can see where yours would wilt from the connection point. Mine seem to droop in the middle and just tighten the vertex angle of the parabola. :hmmmm:
Ohhhh I know what you mean now haha I thought you meant the top angle was wrong but you mean the measuring point. So you use the stem to branch above not below
Yes! I was measuring the wrong angle as well. I also want to point out that we're looking for a 50 percent change in angle, not a 50 degree change.
I should say this is one of those times where a discord chat may have helped out @InTheShed hahaha
I don't disagree that a discord server might be fun, but if that's where we sorted this out no one else could learn from it (to another member's point). I feel like it would serve a different purpose entirely.
Can we “leaf” the protractors and angles out of this and just grow some plants! HaHa! Love this thread.
Probably not! :laugh:

Ohhhh I know what you mean now haha I thought you meant the top angle was wrong but you mean the measuring point. So you use the stem to branch above not below
IMG_20211006_213502.jpg

God dammit I hate drawing on a tablet without a mouse haha
yep except you said "So you use the stem to branch above not below" we use the petiole to the branch as you have drawn in white. LOL

The way I looked at this is that you imagine 2 lines - one extending up the main stem/trunk above the node, and the other line extending from the node to the point where the leaf is attached to the petiole (don’t follow the stem - connect the 2 points). If you measured this angle pre-drought as 60 degrees, and later measured it at 90 (flat), that would be 50% delta LWA.

The way I looked at this is that you imagine 2 lines - one extending up the main stem/trunk above the node, and the other line extending from the node to the point where the leaf is attached to the petiole (don’t follow the stem - connect the 2 points). If you measured this angle pre-drought as 60 degrees, and later measured it at 90 (flat), that would be 50% delta LWA.
Thanks Felipe, I get that 100 degrees percent! I'm only saying that my plant's petioles don't do that, even after they're dead!

I would pay no more attention to the angle. keep daily pics and push the little witch at least 5 more days. dont give a darn what she looks like. she is not ready, not even. dont let her get a drop from you or above. I will gurantee any loss of product.

8 days in the desert is all your big bro asks

yep except you said "So you use the stem to branch above not below" we use the petiole to the branch as you have drawn in white. LOL
Haha I thought I got it. I'm rubbish with terms 90% of the plant I just call the thingy I took a guess and missed hahaha

Back
Top Bottom