InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Re powdery mildew, I've had good results with potassium sorbate sprays. Keeps it in check, kills off some. From my research potassium bicarbonate is one of the few things that actually kill it. Dead.
Have not tried it yet as it's not a common pest except this year I got some. Citric acid works a charm as you know. I include a soak before I bud wash. Also lukewarm water sprayed into the buds washes it off. It's just a ballache.
That before and after must have taken you all day. You got her done.
Greetings from rainy Cape Town Shed and friends. Have a goodie

Lekker bru? Where in the mother city you stay? I lived there many years ago.

Nick
Nick, go look at his perpetual thread the table mountain one... slap bang on roof top inner city! Location to die for :drool:

Wow, that's a concern!
Absolutely! I try to steer folks away from it when I see it mentioned, but the attraction is obviously price and availability.
Ooo, you got me with that Candida mom!
LOL!
It was 99.8% Ethyl Alcohol, pictured. That’s better right?
Much better! :thumb:

Carry on with what you were doing, and get an electric distiller (one with a thermostat is best because ethanol boils at a lot lower temp than water) and reclaim most of that ethanol rather than losing it into the air.
Shedmeister for the kill
:) I'm only growing what I need want to.
Re powdery mildew, I've had good results with potassium sorbate sprays. Keeps it in check, kills off some. From my research potassium bicarbonate is one of the few things that actually kill it. Dead.
I may have to check out the pricing on potassium bicarb and run some tests this summer if it's not too dear.
That before and after must have taken you all day.
:laugh:
Greetings from rainy Cape Town Shed and friends. Have a goodie
Thanks Lerugged, enjoy the long weekend!
slap bang on roof to
And not just a little rooftop deck thing...most folks would have put a tennis court up there. ;)

Congrats on the harvest, that Amnesia Lemon Kush is making my mouth water, I love those old school Dam flavours they remind me of my Uni days :rofl:

Awesome to see your process for mothers/splitting plants etc, a wealth of information in these pages :thanks: :green_heart:

Congrats on the harvest, that Amnesia Lemon Kush is making my mouth water, I love those old school Dam flavours they remind me of my Uni days

Awesome to see your process for mothers/splitting plants etc, a wealth of information in these pages
Thanks Weff! That ALK is really sticky and stinky. I ground some up yesterday and hardly any of it fell through the holes...it just stuck to the top!

It's chilly in LA with May grey here to stay, how about an update to pass the day?

I usually start my summer plants around 4/20, but I put it off on the chance that my Fall trip to NY that was supposed to happen in the spring happened, but since that's been pushed off again, it was time!

A very kind member here hand delivered some of his seeds to me, and I've picked two of his crosses to grow this summer:

5 Killer Cookies (Cookies&Chem x KA5H, aka Killer A5 Haze) and
Grandpa's Moonshine (Cookies&Chem x Purple Punch x GG#4).

One of them will be going in a SIP and the other in a regular cloth 7 gallon @GeoPot, but I haven't decided which goes where.

I start my seeds in a 50/50 mix of distilled water and 3% H2O2 to sterilize them, and I put a small piece of paper towel on them to make sure the whole seed gets wet:

Then I dump that out (without losing the seed!) and put in distilled water. The bowls go in a box (lightproof and heat retaining) on a heatmat set at 80ºF:

It says SEED because once my wife tried to recycle it when I left it in the sun for warmth (pre-heat mat).

I'll check on them before I go to bed and tap them to see if they sink, and again in the morning. I'm hoping for tails in less than 24 hours. Stay tuned!

In other news, @DYNOMYCO sent my MOTY prize stick of dynamite:

Cool packaging, and now I've got enough for the Summer grow. Thanks Dynomyco! :thumb:

Also, I've scattered some info elsewhere regarding trying out CBD and CBG, so let me copy and paste it here:

Per Azi's video he posted, I thought I would up my CBD game and took about 40mg before I went to bed last night (yes, that 4x more than I usually take!). About 30 minutes later I felt kinda spinny (already in bed with my head on the pillow) and fell asleep pretty quickly after that. It didn't keep me down for the night though as I woke up to pee about 5 hours later and still had a lot of trouble falling back to sleep.

I woke up around 8:30 and didn't want to move (bed lock?) which is not my norm. Also, I woke with a bit of a headache (now gone) but I have no idea if it was related.

Maybe tonight I'll back down the CBD and throw in some CBG, even though when I took the CBG alone the other night I woke up around 2am with the sense that my body was buzzing, like I was a cell phone on vibrate!

Tomorrow I'll be upcanning and culling clones, so stay tuned for that. Have a great rest of your weekend. :)

It's chilly in LA with May grey here to stay, how about an update to pass the day?

I usually start my summer plants around 4/20, but I put it off on the chance that my Fall trip to NY that was supposed to happen in the spring, but since that's been pushed of again, it was time!

A very kind member here hand delivered some of his seeds to me, and I've picked two of his crosses to grow this summer:

5 Killer Cookies (Cookies&Chem x KA5H, aka Killer A5 Haze) and
Grandpa's Moonshine (Cookies&Chem x Purple Punch x GG#4).

One of them will be going in a SIP and the other in a regular cloth 7 gallon @GeoPot, but I haven't decided which goes where.

I start my seeds in a 50/50 mix of distilled water and H2O2 to sterilize them, and I put a small piece of paper towel on them to make sure the whole seed gets wet:

Then I dump that out (without losing the seed!) and put in distilled water. The bowls go in a box (lightproof and heat retaining) on a heatmat set at 80ºF:

It says SEED because once my wife tried to recycle it when I left it in the sun for warmth (pre-heat mat).

I'll check on them before I go to bed and tap them to see if they sink, and again in the morning. I'm hoping for tails in less than 24 hours. Stay tuned!

In other news, @DYNOMYCO sent my MOTY prize stick of dynamite:

Cool packaging, and now I've got enough for the Summer grow. Thanks Dynomyco! :thumb:

Also, I've scattered some info elsewhere regarding trying out CBD and CBG, so let me copy and paste it here:

Per Azi's video he posted, I thought I would up my CBD game and took about 40mg before I went to bed last night (yes, that 4x more than I usually take!). About 30 minutes later I felt kinda spinny (already in bed with my head on the pillow) and fell asleep pretty quickly after that. It didn't keep me down for the night though as I woke up to pee about 5 hours later and still had a lot of trouble falling back to sleep.

I woke up around 8:30 and didn't want to move (bed lock?) which is not my norm. Also, I woke with a bit of a headache (now gone) but I have no idea if it was related.

Maybe tonight I'll back down the CBD and throw in some CBG, even though when I took the CBG alone the other night I woke up around 2am with the sense that my body was buzzing, like I was a cell phone on vibrate!

Tomorrow I'll be upcanning and culling clones, so stay tuned for that. Have a great rest of your weekend. :)
Sounds like an interesting grow n you can tag me if you’d be so inclined. Nice score btw on the DynoMyco. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom