InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I agree. The Durban around these days is weak compared to the older stuff. The originals hit like a brick to the face. Most of the varieties that I've tried from seed banks are mild unfortunately. Meh
I tried to multi-quote and it only added the one. LR you expanded on @InTheShed's comment that DP is lower in THC than one might wish for. My question is this. When I grew up in Durban we smoked street weed that we were told was Durban Poison. It was strong kick ass Sativa whatever it was. However, I read that Durban Poison is a breeder strain, so why did we call our weed Durban Poison then? Where did the name originate?

Greetings all! How about a Thursday update on the Candidas I keep talking about?

As many of you know, I grow Candida from Medical Marijuana Genetics because it's nearly entirely CBD (15-20%), with less than 1% THC. The seeds haven't been available for a few years now and I believe that MMG is also no longer around. I bought a 10 pack about 4 years ago, grew out two, and gave the rest away to folks in need.

I've kept clones of one of those two plants ever since because we use CBD oil medically in my house, and I like to keep spares just in case. I did a somewhat successful seed run last year (Otter just harvested two outside beauties from those) but I want to do another run to make sure I have as many of those around as I do the Sour G.

Here are the Candidas I currently have on hand:

I keep them in mostly shade all day to keep them growing slowly, but all of the ones in solo cups (except the newest on the right) need water every morning.

As I still don't know what my travel plans are I can't make any decisions on what to do with them, so they stay as they are. If I don't have to leave I will keep one mother (probably the blue cup second from right) and commit the rest to making seeds (using STS) in the tent.

Or...I could put off the seed project until next year and drop two new seeds to grow in 5 gallon pots in the tent over the winter, if I don't end up leaving. :hmmmm:

Anyway, that's the Candida update, and thanks for cruising through! :ciao:

Quotes:
Nice, do any fishing? I swam in the Pacific Santa Monica Bch. but never fished it. CL
Nah, I've never fished. I hardly go in the water because it's too damn cold for me. The Atlantic is much warmer because of the Gulf Stream.
I agree. The Durban around these days is weak compared to the older stuff. The originals hit like a brick to the face. Most of the varieties that I've tried from seed banks are mild unfortunately. Meh
Interesting, thanks Lerugged! I think mine was from Dutch Passion as I recall, and someone gave me the seed because he wasn't happy with the strength of his first one. I think I still have a 10 pack in the fridge that I won. 🤷‍♂️
Flapping through
Holy cow aviary...a rare sighting indeed! I hope you and the chickadees are doing splendidly. :love:
I have sour OG to try today
What are you paying/gram these days?
I tried to multi-quote and it only added the one. LR you expanded on @InTheShed's comment that DP is lower in THC than one might wish for. My question is this. When I grew up in Durban we smoked street weed that we were told was Durban Poison. It was strong kick ass Sativa whatever it was. However, I read that Durban Poison is a breeder strain, so why did we call our weed Durban Poison then? Where did the name originate?
:nomo:

Greetings all! How about a Thursday update on the Candidas I keep talking about?

As many of you know, I grow Candida from Medical Marijuana Genetics because it's nearly entirely CBD (15-20%), with less than 1% THC. The seeds haven't been available for a few years now and I believe that MMG is also no longer around. I bought a 10 pack about 4 years ago, grew out two, and gave the rest away to folks in need.

I've kept clones of one of those two plants ever since because we use CBD oil medically in my house, and I like to keep spares just in case. I did a somewhat successful seed run last year (Otter just harvested two outside beauties from those) but I want to do another run to make sure I have as many of those around as I do the Sour G.

I keep them in mostly shade all day to keep them growing slowly, but all of the ones in solo cups (except the newest on the right) need water every morning.

As I still don't know what my travel plans are I can't make any decisions on what to do with them, so they stay as they are. If I don't have to leave I will keep one mother (probably the blue cup second from right) and commit the rest to making seeds (using STS) in the tent.

Or...I could put off the seed project until next year and drop two new seeds to grow in 5 gallon pots in the tent over the winter, if I don't end up leaving. :hmmmm:

Quotes:

Nah, I've never fished. I hardly go in the water because it's too damn cold for me. The Atlantic is much warmer because of the Gulf Stream.

Interesting, thanks Lerugged! I think mine was from Dutch Passion as I recall, and someone gave me the seed because he wasn't happy with the strength of his first one. I think I still have a 10 pack in the fridge that I won. 🤷‍♂️

Holy cow aviary...a rare sighting indeed! I hope you and the chickadees are doing splendidly. :love:

I paid $7 for a joint from HEKA thats 1 gram

That is cheap around here. Most charge $15 a gram joint
I thought about it after I already posted but it’s high as hell here. Lots of my friends go to Michigan cause it’s so much cheaper. I paid $100. Bucks for a 1/8 of Maui not so Wowi. Lmao 🤣 CL🍀

I thought about it after I already posted but it’s high as hell here. Lots of my friends go to Michigan cause it’s so much cheaper. I paid $100. Bucks for a 1/8 of Maui not so Wowi. Lmao 🤣 CL🍀
I can get an 1/8 for less than $40 HEKA grows their own and preground is cheaper

Quotes:

Looking happy and healthy 👀 did you sample any yet? Happy growing bro CL🍀

I paid $7 for a joint from HEKA thats 1 gram
$7 for an gram doesn't sound too bad, and I looked up the HEKA dispensary on google and it looks as big as a Target. :eek:
I thought about it after I already posted but it’s high as hell here. Lots of my friends go to Michigan cause it’s so much cheaper. I paid $100. Bucks for a 1/8 of Maui not so Wowi. Lmao CL
$100 for an eighth is pretty steep but every state has it's own market rules and regs. If I remember correctly, last time my wife was in a dispensary (back in 2017 before my first harvest) it was around $40. No idea what it is now for obvious reasons. :cheesygrinsmiley:

$7 for an gram doesn't sound too bad, and I looked up the HEKA dispensary on google and it looks as big as a Target. :eek:

$100 for an eighth is pretty steep but every state has it's own market rules and regs. If I remember correctly, last time my wife was in a dispensary (back in 2017 before my first harvest) and it was around $40. No idea what it is now for obvious reasons. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Greedy state, county and city are trying to pay for everything with outrageous taxes making a lot of people go to Michigan or Black market.Smh CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom