InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

thats right, shellac my plants in aerobic bacteria and fungi! I can tell y’all what I mean.. I just can’t give detailed instructions on how to accomplish it ;)
Hi ChefD, Can you go into it any further without breaching the 'detailed' limits? Sounds intriguing.

basically the microbial life in the soil will find its way onto your foliage(alone or with your help). These microbes are the same that are responsible for nutrient cycling. The bacteria, fungi, Protozoa, nematodes, microarthropods. They inhabit all surfaces of your plants leaves to the point where they literally create a physical barrier. These organisms go on doing their jobs as they settle down around stomata, and they consume the leaf exudates the plant is putting out. (That is to say, our plants are trying to attract this biology)

Not only are passing pests discouraged from stopping for a meal, they’re physically incapable of reaching a plant cell wall. They’re obstructed from doing any damage, and in most cases they don’t even stop there.

There is some very interesting data regarding this. Roughly the experiment was what % of the leave surface need to be covered in beneficials in order to protect from pest and disease onset. They treated different areas of a vineyard with different concentrations of compost tea with a control area being sprayed in only water. Then they sprayed the entire vineyard with a botrytis inoculant. 70% microbial coverage and above areas were completely botrytis free while in the control areas the leaves were impossible to find because the botrytis had decomposed them all.

This case study showed very clearly how much foliar inoculation does to prevent pest and disease.

I like to think of it the other way around. Plants that are less healthy will catch the bugs first.
They can see color, for instance. They'll be attracted to the yellowing leaves. And weak plants have a softer cuticle on the surfaces - easier to chew through. Healthy plants don't taste as good either - too much sugar in the sap.
I read an anecdote once. A couple produce farmers were in their fields. One field had the soil prepared for high brix and thriving soil biota. The other was a normal field. At the boundary, they they grabbed up a bunch of grasshoppers and dumped them on the high brix side. Within minutes, they were hopping back to the normal field.
As long as you have weaker plants nearby, it seems that the pests will leave the healthier ones alone until they use them up.
I like that way of thinking, thanks Graytail!
Thank you ITS, and Graytail. It was a few years ago all that was big. About the time microbes became a big deal. Happy Smokin'
Ahh...remember a time back before anyone cared about microbes? :)
thats right, shellac my plants in aerobic bacteria and fungi! I can tell y’all what I mean.. I just can’t give detailed instructions on how to accomplish it
Specialty shellac! Is this related to the GreenSafeWorld product line you were running a while back?
This case study showed very clearly how much foliar inoculation does to prevent pest and disease.
No link to the case study? Those things are usually public!

Hey @InTheShed getting a break around here thought I’d stop by and say Hi . I have to get hooked up on some seeds for this fall , I gave all but three auto seeds left in the frig . Girls look great over in LA , my neighbor was watering his regular outsiders and this 40 something days of 103-107 fried them we couldn’t do anything to save them without digging them up . Win some lose some .

Hey @InTheShed getting a break around here thought I’d stop by and say Hi . I have to get hooked up on some seeds for this fall , I gave all but three auto seeds left in the frig . Girls look great over in LA , my neighbor was watering his regular outsiders and this 40 something days of 103-107 fried them we couldn’t do anything to save them without digging them up . Win some lose some .
So nice to see you round these parts WH! Sorry to hear about your neighbor and the heat. :( If he wants to try something next summer @Agemon (in Palm Springs where it's not under 100 even at night) did really well with a Northern Lights inground outside on the same drip system he uses for his backyard plants.

I'm hope you're doing well and your lungs are clear, and I hear there are some Sour G seeds floating around!
20220716_103558 Sour G seeds.jpg

:green_heart:

Specialty shellac! Is this related to the GreenSafeWorld product line you were running a while back?

No link to the case study? Those things are usually public!
No, not GreenSafe. They’re soilfoodweb practices. It’s not a product you can buy in a bottle.. but if you can source bio complete compost it’s fairly straight forward to brew up the tea that allows you to apply the biology to the foliage.

I’m not sure if the case study they posted publicly, or if they kept it for their paid training program. I’ve only ever seen it in one of the foundation course videos.

Quickie Monday update!

Pistils on Saturday for the Summer grow on flip day 11. Trainwreck from @Weed Seeds Express:

Purple Urkle:

I don't keep track of pistil days but some folks have asked so I try to remember to mark it with each grow.

And finally, here is the seed test of the ones from the two pollinated Sour G plants:

I'm calling this a success (but for a curled tap root) so it will be gone by tomorrow!

My daughter is out of isolation in the garage after a mild bout of Covid, so it's a full house again for another two weeks before we lose my son back to college.

I hope you all had a great weekend and the future is "outlook good"!

:peace:

Quotes:
No, not GreenSafe. They’re soilfoodweb practices. It’s not a product you can buy in a bottle.. but if you can source bio complete compost it’s fairly straight forward to brew up the tea that allows you to apply the biology to the foliage.
I’m not sure if the case study they posted publicly, or if they kept it for their paid training program. I’ve only ever seen it in one of the foundation course videos.
Assuming this is a for-profit company I don't understand your reticence to at least give us the name, unless it's either a sponsor's competitor or an excommunicated ex-sponsor. :reading420magazine:
a great idea could include some of them SG poppers floating my way. hint-hint just sayin
I'll check with the Magic 8 ball and see what it says. :)

I love the bokeh in the Trainwreck pic. Glad that your daughter is recovered and out of isolation. Sorry you lose your boy in a fortnight. Is he back for The holidays in Dec? :goodjob: on your seeds.

Those are some fine looking ladies Shed! There's good life in those seeds too! Da man you are!
Thanks Otter! I had some branch pics from this morning but the sunlight made them too contrasty to see anything clearly. I'll get some tomorrow morning in the shade.

I take no credit for the seeds other than knowing how to follow instructions. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I love the bokeh in the Trainwreck pic.
Had to look that one up, and they are cool! If you want to see a great pic of bokeh, check out the one from @VetSmoke85 that I reposted here.
Glad that your daughter is recovered and out of isolation. Sorry you lose your boy in a fortnight. Is he back for The holidays in Dec?
Thanks! She'd been living in the garage since last Monday when she came from from working at a sleepaway camp that turned into a superspreader event. :eek: And my son will probably be home for Thanksgiving at the end of November (if he doesn't get a better offer ;) ) and then home for winter break about 3 weeks later.
:goodjob: on your seeds.
:thanks:

Nice pics Shed and I, too, learned a new word!

Good news about your daughter. :)
She'd been living in the garage since last Monday when she came from from working at a sleepaway camp that turned into a superspreader event.
Shed the Benevolent. 🤗

Nice pics Shed and I, too, learned a new word!
Thanks GDB!
Good news about your daughter.
Took about 8 days from symptoms for her to get a negative test. :(
Shed the Benevolent.
There was no way she was living in the house! She was lucky it's a finished garage because she would have had to stay out there even if it was still concrete floors and stud walls. ;) We let her in 10 days after her first symptoms because that's the longest time recommended by the CDC.

That said, we did deliver food to the chair outside and did the dishes she left when she was done. 🤗

Thanks GDB!

Took about 8 days from symptoms for her to get a negative test. :(

There was no way she was living in the house! She was lucky it's a finished garage because she would have had to stay out there even if it was still concrete floors and stud walls. ;) We let her in 10 days after her first symptoms because that's the longest time recommended by the CDC.

That said, we did deliver food to the chair outside and did the dishes she left when she was done. 🤗
Once there was a guy in a hospital who had an unknown disease. They fed him pancakes for every meal. When he asked why, they told him it was the only thing they could slide under the door.

Assuming this is a for-profit company I don't understand your reticence to at least give us the name, unless it's either a sponsor's competitor or an excommunicated ex-sponsor. :reading420magazine:
The name is soil food web school

Yes Dr. Elaine. It is very pricy, but it is the fact of the matter. Results are verifiable and reproducible. I’m not trying to shill. but Im pretty sure you, shed, are aware that I’ve been searching down this rabbit hole for quite a long time. I don’t know if you remember back in my thread when I said I’d love to get involved in cannabis. I think this is the capacity for me. I would love to help new commercial growers who are trying to do organic the correct way.

Yes Dr. Elaine. It is very pricy, but it is the fact of the matter. Results are verifiable and reproducible. I’m not trying to shill. but Im pretty sure you, shed, are aware that I’ve been searching down this rabbit hole for quite a long time. I don’t know if you remember back in my thread when I said I’d love to get involved in cannabis. I think this is the capacity for me. I would love to help new commercial growers who are trying to do organic the correct way.
Oh no doubt it's definitely an investment in your future! And as always, best of luck in your adventure. :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom