InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Monday update 1. Greetings all and thanks for stopping by for my harvest updates. I'm going to split this into at least two posts so I can bookmark them individually and you can quote them individually (though it's really not necessary to hit quote at the bottom and repost the entire thing!). And since they were done on different days I'll put them up chronologically.

Starting with the Sour G harvest on Saturday! Sour G is an accidental cross made by a former member here. The seeds were created when a female Sour Diesel stress-hermied and pollinated a Gorilla Bomb (which is GG4 x THC Bomb). This was my last seed so I will be attempting to make more soon.

It spouted on 4/20 and was flipped on August 22nd, so it vegged for 124 days, flowered for 62, and spent a total of 186 days above ground. It was also drought-treated (a bit too long). Here it was on the morning of its last day:

Pulled off a lot of the fans to make it a bit prettier!

And chopped off all the goodies. Here are the bones:

I did something different with the washing this time and I used 1% citric acid (like lemon juice but much more precise), mixed with baking soda. It took a lot of rinsing to get the water clear, but I'm happy with the result.

My wife and (eventually) my daughter helped trim, but after pulling the fans there wasn't all that much left. Here are the buds hanging in the drying box:

We made it to see a production of My Fair Lady with time to spare!

I've had a 12" fan pointed directly at the holes since then because the ambient RH is pretty high now. It's raining here today so all the air movement I can get is helpful.

And that was the Sour G harvest! Moving on...
Those buds better lighten up soon before they break their ropes! Nice heavy looking bud!

I'm happy to hear you got through the harvest in good shape. By the looks of your drying boxes, you got a pretty good yield from them.
I did something different with the washing this time and I used 1% citric acid (like lemon juice but much more precise), mixed with baking soda. It took a lot of rinsing to get the water clear, but I'm happy with the result.
So assuming 4 gallons of water is roughly equivalent to 16 liters, did you add 160 grams of citric acid to that bucket? And how much baking soda? 1/2 cup?
besides my wife and daughter sitting down and picking up scissors, my daughter got a friend to come over and help.
:thumb:

Monday update 1. Greetings all and thanks for stopping by for my harvest updates. I'm going to split this into at least two posts so I can bookmark them individually and you can quote them individually (though it's really not necessary to hit quote at the bottom and repost the entire thing!). And since they were done on different days I'll put them up chronologically.

Starting with the Sour G harvest on Saturday! Sour G is an accidental cross made by a former member here. The seeds were created when a female Sour Diesel stress-hermied and pollinated a Gorilla Bomb (which is GG4 x THC Bomb). This was my last seed so I will be attempting to make more soon.

It spouted on 4/20 and was flipped on August 22nd, so it vegged for 124 days, flowered for 62, and spent a total of 186 days above ground. It was also drought-treated (a bit too long). Here it was on the morning of its last day:

She looks so sad.

My wife and (eventually) my daughter helped trim, but after pulling the fans there wasn't all that much left. Here are the buds hanging in the drying box:

I'm so jealous that you have a whole family to help. It's taking forever with just Felonious and me.

We made it to see a production of My Fair Lady with time to spare!

Did you have a nice time?

Same wash as the Sour G: 1% citric acid and baking soda (I only used 4 gallons of water so I used 80% of the baking soda box :) ) and lots of rinsing. And with the plant being so dense there was some PM hiding on the inner buds, so I'm sure the citric acid took care of that much better than an H2O2 bath would have.

Beez already asked about this for people using metric but I want to know, too, please. :battingeyelashes:

Congrats on your successful harvest. I didn't think the Sour G was going to make it to the end. It will be interesting to see how much you get off her and whether she's more potent or not (Although, I don't know how you would do that unless you previously had a Sour G to compare it to.).

full

Great harvest, Shed.

Not to steal your thunder, but I can show you how to achieve this look without the drought process! :Rasta:

Catch-up day! Spent most of yesterday helping a family member by text and phone so I'm hoping today will be a bit less stressful. On to what you've been up to here. Quotacular!
It’s not the glueing so much as it‘s that incredible painful burning from those resins in the eye. I inevitably do it at least once every other plant.
Damn Nev! Maybe a pair of safety goggles would come in handy?
My trimmers have so many miles on them I'm thinking I should try to sharpen them or replace them. This last plants trimming they got funky. Ever touch up scissors?
Yes! What VG said below.
Do they have serrated edges? Straight shears can be sharpened. If you have two pair, you can keep one in alcohol until needed. Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode!
Am I the only one going to comment on your ladybug larvae pic? Stunner. Plus the trichies look almost ready in CB and Candida
That is one crazy-looking insect, but it scours the plant for things to eat and it can't fly away like an actual ladybug! Good thing on the trichs because they're chopped and hung. :thumb:
Happy trimming Shed. Enjoy the weekend!
:thanks:
Happy Trimming Shed
:thanks:
Well said, thanks Fudo!
See above ↑
See above ↑↑
Straight so I can touch them up. The alcohol bath is a great idea!
Perfect!
IKR it's scary yet kind of sweet knowing it's a ladybug.
I must have saved at least 10 from the plants before harvest (or out of the wash water :eek: ). I moved them onto the vegging plants to live out their life cycle.
Hope all the trimming went well and you didn't get too fatigued from it.
Thank you my dear. Stiff in the lower back from leaning over all that time but other than that, no harm done!
We have an appointment with Doug soon. Which day were you thinking?
If we drop Thursday will we get Halloween sprouts?
Whet stone, metal file or a sharpening attachment for a Dremel all work. There is also something called a scissor sharpener. I've never used one myself.
I sharpen my own gardening shears.
I have some that are 20+ and hardly have a blade left. I usually use a small multi-sided file but I did buy myself a Dremel a few months back and it came with the sharpener so I've been playing around with that.
Works pretty good.
:thanks: The videos I've seen recommend a straight file for scissors, but for something as short as a trimming scissors, any of those would work swimmingly.
He's clearly in trim jail....go Shed, we are rooting for you!
Thanks Krissi! It's nice to be sprung.
Awesome work shed! Enjoy trim jail!!!
Thanks manjj! It goes much faster with more folks. :)
It's Monday They must have kept him over night .
LOL! Nah, bail got paid late is all.
27k replies?! jeezus haha idk how you ever find time to reply to everyone man.
One reply at a time KG, and :welcome: to my perpetual journal (ongoing since October of 2017)! Glad you could stop by and visit.
Beautiful plants Shed! And a whole lotta work for sure! Love the updates.
Thank you Tommy! :ciao:
Nice update Shed. Looks like you had a busy and productive weekend. I see that the shed is full too. Looks nice and cozy in there.
Thanks BigD, busy indeed! And I actually turned on the heater in the shed last night. Once a rain storm moves through it tends to get pretty chilly that night.
Those buds better lighten up soon before they break their ropes! Nice heavy looking bud!
Har thanks Otter! That's top quality synthetic bud-hanging string there...no problemo. :thumb:
I'm happy to hear you got through the harvest in good shape. By the looks of your drying boxes, you got a pretty good yield from them.
I hope so BL, since these two have been around way too long with all the soil issues in the beginning.
So assuming 4 gallons of water is roughly equivalent to 16 liters, did you add 160 grams of citric acid to that bucket? And how much baking soda? 1/2 cup?
Beez already asked about this for people using metric but I want to know, too, please.
I actually converted it to metric before I did it! I didn't want to figure out 1% of 4 gallons in dry ounces. :)

4 gallons = 15,141.6ml
1% of 15,141.6 is 151.416
So I added 151g of citric acid to get a 1% solution.

And since the recommended baking soda is a box for a 5 gallon bucket, I used about 4/5 of a box for 4 gallons. I didn't actually measure that one. ;)

Lots of bubbles, all CO2!
She looks so sad.
I know right? I really needed to sit on my hands to let that go another week.
I'm so jealous that you have a whole family to help. It's taking forever with just Felonious and me.
Some folks say the only reason to have kids is so they can help trim when they're older. Not saying that's how I feel about them though...
Did you have a nice time?
It was okay. Having the lead character not up to the role makes it harder to enjoy. And the movie sets a very high bar for success.
Congrats on your successful harvest. I didn't think the Sour G was going to make it to the end. It will be interesting to see how much you get off her and whether she's more potent or not (Although, I don't know how you would do that unless you previously had a Sour G to compare it to.).
Thanks HG! I do have some Sour G in jars still (a couple of years old at least), so I have something to compare it to. Not exactly a side-by-side deal but it's the best I can do.
Good looking Harvest Shed even if the sourG looks dead , did that plant have any sticky to it ? The CB just has a really nice glow to her (purple) I bet it will kick some serious Butt
Thank you sb! It was stickier than I thought it would be from looking at it. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Great harvest, Shed.
Not to steal your thunder, but I can show you how to achieve this look without the drought process!
Thaks GDB! And I think yours went through the drought process as well, but on a slightly different scale. :)
Is that a hand hold? And is it a vent?
I wanted to circle back to this to say that Mr Otter was 100% correct. They must be referring to the vents that are there on the top, just above the writing on the front. It must be to keep the electrics cool:
20211023_090744 Oil heater.jpg

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

I actually converted it to metric before I did it! I didn't want to figure out 1% of 4 gallons in dry ounces. :)

4 gallons = 15,141.6ml
1% of 15,141.6 is 151.416
So I added 151g of citric acid to get a 1% solution.

And since the recommended baking soda is a box for a 5 gallon bucket, I used about 4/5 of a box for 4 gallons. I didn't actually measure that one.

So, how much water did you use? And, are baking soda, citric acid and water the only ingredients?

So, how much water did you use? And, are baking soda, citric acid and water the only ingredients?
4 gallons of water in the bucket, and indeed those were the only ingredients in the wash water. I have to say that it does take a lot more to rinse that off than it does my usual H2O2 and water. Because of drought I used the rinse water buckets to water the garden when I was done!

I think it did a much better job on the PM than hydrogen peroxide does though.

4 gallons of water in the bucket, and indeed those were the only ingredients in the wash water. I have to say that it does take a lot more to rinse that off than it does my usual H2O2 and water. Because of drought I used the rinse water buckets to water the garden when I was done!

I think it did a much better job on the PM than hydrogen peroxide does though.
I already bought a case of H2O2 for these grows . I’ll have to try the citric acid next round .
I’m ready to see the nugs coming out of the Sour G .

With that many plants you could try a bucket of citric as well and compare them!

Out of the Sour G box? Best I can do for now is zoom in on the pic!
20211023_162905 Sour G zoom.jpg
Nice fat buds , awesome :adore:
As always that makes since to compare
Thanks I’ll have to put it on the grocery list .

And since the recommended baking soda is a box for a 5 gallon bucket,
:eek: I've never seen that recommended anywhere before. Most posts about the topic have been 1/2 - 1 cup of baking soda per 5 gallons. Otherwise, it's pretty difficult to rinse. I guess I'll go back and double check my notes. I've always used H202 in the first bucket and baking soda/lemon juice in the 2nd bucket, then two rinse buckets. I think I will give that citric acid a try this time (instead of the lemon juice). :thanks:

I've never seen that recommended anywhere before. Most posts about the topic have been 1/2 - 1 cup of baking soda per 5 gallons. Otherwise, it's pretty difficult to rinse. I guess I'll go back and double check my notes. I've always used H202 in the first bucket and baking soda/lemon juice in the 2nd bucket, then two rinse buckets. I think I will give that citric acid a try this time (instead of the lemon juice).
Oh thanks BL! I somehow remembered a cup of each, but I'll go watch Dutchman's tutorial again [...] He used ½ cup each in 3 gallons so that would be .17 cups/gallon, or .6666 cups in 4 gallons.

Of course I somehow also thought that 1 box was 1 cup (rather than 2) so I really screwed up there (as well). :eek:

Might be why it was hard to rinse. :oops:

Noted for next time. :thanks: for pointing that out!

Or the feast of Mulberries Fricassee on the 2nd even. Thursday night will be my drop!
I once had a mulberry tree as a friend. I would hang upsidedown from her branches and eat until I puked.
One of the best relationships I've ever had.

Back
Top Bottom