InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Hi VG!
:passitleft:

Hope you’re feeling better!
:green_heart:
And Iike Felipe said I too hope you're feeling better!
I'm hanging in there.
Been hitting the Charlotte's Web for anxiety.
I think it's helping. It will be easier to say after a few days of therapeutic use.

Looks like the sciencing is going well over here.

Sorry to be keeping you so busy Krissi!

We're going to want to see pics of the lavender with roots from the perlite. :thumb:

I should try it with some other plants too...I wonder if it works on woody cuttings from my lemon trees. :hmmmm:

Thanks Carcass, so did I. I was quite heartened by those green leaves on Sunday morning! And have I mentioned I hate trimming larf? ;)
#nolarf
I don't mind in the slightest although you gotta give me time to pack 3 bowls since I broke my XL one the other day bullshitting in a feed and not paying attention. Because after joining 420 my nights go something like tonight-let me expand on that thought since this is clearly the forum in which to enhance and expand conversation...

I'm catching up after trimming Ammy up a little for her pre harvest readiness and I came on :420:.

Had to send love to @Carcass for sending me love and then I come wander over to visit @West Hippie and see if @Moony has done anything with his damn seeds yet or if he is still playing Mr.Insomnia.

Had to check on @Growings and make sure he didn't post anything about his stupid neighbors ratting him out and then my usual scan of new hellos and recently discussed. Of course then, I need to then come here (because it takes the longest....

no offense, I appreciate it :thanks:) and have to send my harvest time friend and non paid farm employee pictures of your fantastic specimens.

But before I do that, I have to scroll through 178 new comments from other people who have commented about your fantastic specimens. Then I need to give you another shout out for your fantastic specimens, because you "never get tired of hearing it" (you can count that as your shout out btw) before finally finishing this completely over worded and unnecessarily long response that now I need to re read to make sure I didn't fuck anything up.

Don't even get me started on how I had to grind it up w one hand so I could troll everyone's feeds first. Had to take pictures of Ammy. Had to take pictures of the veg tent girls. Then my OCD kicks in and I had to clean not one but two tents.

Needless to say, I'm leaving now to go smoke my bowl with my one hand grinded weed still sitting in my grinder with 3 small bowls awaiting being filled.

Thats the end of my meaningless rant. Had one last night, figured I'd one-up myself tonight hahahaha

Happy growing to all and to all a big toke from me to you in 2 minutes :passitleft:

We're going to want to see pics of the lavender with roots from the perlite. :thumb:

I should try it with some other plants too...I wonder if it works on woody cuttings from my lemon trees. :hmmmm:
Oh yes, pics are a good idea. I'd definitely try the woody cuttings. I don't see why they shouldn't take. I can also try a couple out from my September Bush and grow some for a friend :thumb:

Well the biggest thing I did was do a pre-flip thinning of the Jack Herer
Nice work and explanation on the pruning. :thanks:
And here is the after pic:
Glad to see that you got rid of all those yellow leaves.;)
I already know that there are trichomes on the underside of the sugars that I didn't have before!
:welldone:
One of my lemons had a seed sprouting inside, so I planted it
... and 7 years from now you'll get lemons.

Haha. I was only awake until 8 am today :) not too shabby lol. I can't start anything until I get my coco/perlite lol. Its at the grow shop tomorrow but I can't get a lift lift until Friday as I don't drive. On the plus side I'll have my ac infinity 6 inch by Thursday too lol. At least I can set everything up at once. Due to expenses though I'm going to probably be running 2 HPS but I'm going to invest in metal halide 600 watt bulb for veg stage :) should help a bit with progress.
Had to send love to @Carcass for sending me love and then I come wander over to visit @West Hippie and see if @Moony has done anything with his damn seeds yet or if he is still playing Mr.Insomnia.

Loved your presentation on no=larf trimming! I need to do that too. This year instead, I didn't trim the larf, I cut the section of the branch with the larf off! Would be better to trim like you did! But, I have a tidy stash for the winter. You always do so well presenting different facets of Cannabis growing!! Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode! Some folks do better with pics than descriptions so I try get some visuals in to help. And I may do a different post-stretch thinning on this one depending on how it looks. We'll see!
I'm hanging in there.
Been hitting the Charlotte's Web for anxiety.
I think it's helping. It will be easier to say after a few days of therapeutic use.
Looks like the sciencing is going well over here.
Glad to hear you're working through it with the help of CBD. Wasn't too long ago that was the sciencing part, but now it's old news!
let me expand on that thought since this is clearly the forum in which to enhance and expand conversation...
Absolutely...the floor is yours:
no offense
None taken. :)
you "never get tired of hearing it"
Who would?
you can count that as your shout out btw
:thanks:
I had to grind it up w one hand
Wait what? How is that even possible? Tiny grinder with a tiny bud in it? My grinder looks like this.

Had one last night, figured I'd one-up myself tonight
Happy growing to all and to all a big toke from me to you in 2 minutes
Back atcha Krissi!
Oh yes, pics are a good idea. I'd definitely try the woody cuttings. I don't see why they shouldn't take. I can also try a couple out from my September Bush and grow some for a friend
Next time I trim the lemon trees I will give it a shot. I wonder if it works on deciduous trees like my pomegranates. Maybe only in spring when they're growing? :hmmmm:
Ok then . So on the branch trimming is that were the new buds will come out ? Never seen it done this way with explained feature , i always just took the plate /fan leaves cause i wanted to keep the buds . O and Thank You again
This is the pre-flip thinning so I lollipop to push the new growth to the tops rather than inside the plant. After stretch is over is when I look at the bud sites and decide what stays and what's larf.

And once the plant replaces all the fans I took off, I try to leave as many as possible through flower. That's where the light gets turned into flower-making energy!
Nice work and explanation on the pruning.
Thanks BL!
Glad to see that you got rid of all those yellow leaves
LOL IKR? Soooo much prettier now.
... and 7 years from now you'll get lemons.
I think mine are faster, but still...I don't want for lemons.
At least I can set everything up at once.
I'm the same way. Lay it all out at once and get it all together!
I'm going to probably be running 2 HPS but I'm going to invest in metal halide 600 watt bulb for veg stage should help a bit with progress.
Looking forward to this grow. :popcorn:

Thanks Bode! Some folks do better with pics than descriptions so I try get some visuals in to help. And I may do a different post-stretch thinning on this one depending on how it looks. We'll see!

Glad to hear you're working through it with the help of CBD. Wasn't too long ago that was the sciencing part, but now it's old news!

Absolutely...the floor is yours:

None taken. :)

Who would?

:thanks:

Wait what? How is that even possible? Tiny grinder with a tiny bud in it? My grinder looks like this.

Back atcha Krissi!

Next time I trim the lemon trees I will give it a shot. I wonder if it works on deciduous trees like my pomegranates. Maybe only in spring when they're growing? :hmmmm:

This is the pre-flip thinning so I lollipop to push the new growth to the tops rather than inside the plant. After stretch is over is when I look at the bud sites and decide what stays and what's larf.

And once the plant replaces all the fans I took off, I try to leave as many as possible through flower. That's where the light gets turned into flower-making energy!

Thanks BL!

LOL IKR? Soooo much prettier now.

I think mine are faster, but still...I don't want for lemons.

I'm the same way. Lay it all out at once and get it all together!

Looking forward to this grow. :popcorn:
Just so you know I appreciate both the visuals and the scientific data you present. I consider them both equal in value....

**To grind with one hand you must hold and squeeze the grinder between your knees to give you leverage**:):Namaste:

My grinder is mighty btw...get yourself one of these babies-that is to all of you reading this who use one!

20210924_223417.jpg

20210924_171538.jpg

20210924_171553.jpg

20210924_171503.jpg

Just so you know I appreciate both the visuals and the scientific data you present. I consider them both equal in value....
Good to know you appreciate both of equal value, and now I don't have to decide between the two! :cheesygrinsmiley:
To grind with one hand you must hold and squeeze the grinder between your knees to give you leverage
Luckily your grinder has concave sides that perfectly fit a pair of knee bones. :welldone:
My grinder is mighty btw...get yourself one of these babies-that is to all of you reading this who use one!
I like the large holes and the lucite catchment area. But that's one of those silly 3" grinders, yes? I roll with 4"!

Good to know you appreciate both of equal value, and now I don't have to decide between the two! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Luckily your grinder has concave sides that perfectly fit a pair of knee bones. :welldone:

I like the large holes and the lucite catchment area. But that's one of those silly 3" grinders, yes? I roll with 4"!
Hahahaha nope post away...it does fit well but they're bony so....absolutely not a 3 in!! Totally 4! I smoke too much weed for those little bitty things

Oh boy! Nice to be caught up! I love your drought work! Getting the right angle is something to get a feel for Shed. Takes a few tries I think. I try to rescue them just before it's too late. Every plant is different too! You having an outdoor grow basically having different parameters to watch than us tenters with the same day every day. Well done! And see, you can see with your eyes the added trichomes! I can usually see them pile up on buds one day in drought.
:green_heart:

Had a couple of busy mornings this week so not much to post pics of. Sour G is hanging in there and Chiquita Banana is hanging so low I have to tie it up every morning! I topped the shorter two Sour G clones yesterday (pics of that family tomorrow), and it's getting a lot colder at night now than I remember from past Octobers.

So here is an odds and ends Wednesday update!

Overnight temps at the soil in the shed:
20211013_081357 Shed temps.jpg

68º is the temp when I put them in at night and the low is down to 53º. :eek: Might be time to get an oil-filled heater and leave it on low in there at night. I can't find the tubular heaters they sell in the UK.

Also, I've got PM on the Candida cuttings I put in perlite a couple of weeks ago:

I sprayed them with my 1% citric acid spray and I'll get some follow-up pics in a couple of days.

That's all for me other than the CB has slowed down the drinking by a day, but I'd be getting trichome pics on Friday either way (along with the Sour G and seedless Candida). We'll see! :ciao:

Quotes:
Hahahaha nope post away...it does fit well but they're bony so....absolutely not a 3 in!! Totally 4! I smoke too much weed for those little bitty things
Nice grinder for $20! I don't think that's a legit 4" grinder though. They give the dimensions as 3 x 3.5 x 3.5. And unless these are Shaq-sized hands, it looks more like 3" to me!
8FeelTTN_540x.jpg

Here are my 3" and 4" grinders:
full

Is grinder envy a thing?
Absolutely!
It is now! For me anyways.
See? We're always adding new things to your life here. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Oh boy! Nice to be caught up! I love your drought work! Getting the right angle is something to get a feel for Shed. Takes a few tries I think. I try to rescue them just before it's too late. Every plant is different too! You having an outdoor grow basically having different parameters to watch than us tenters with the same day every day. Well done! And see, you can see with your eyes the added trichomes! I can usually see them pile up on buds one day in drought.
Thanks Otter! It will definitely take a few rounds of drought to get the hang of when to rescue them. And I'm hoping to run clones in the spring for the MeJA testing.

I'm in UK and I use an oil filled. I prefer it to the tubes as has different temp settings and a thermostat so safer. The tubes are decent but a bit limited.
Had a couple of busy mornings this week so not much to post pics of. Sour G is hanging in there and Chiquita Banana is hanging so low I have to tie it up every morning! I topped the shorter two Sour G clones yesterday (pics of that family tomorrow), and it's getting a lot colder at night now than I remember from past Octobers.

So here is an odds and ends Wednesday update!

Overnight temps at the soil in the shed:
20211013_081357 Shed temps.jpg

68º is the temp when I put them in at night and the low is down to 53º. :eek: Might be time to get an oil-filled heater and leave it on low in there at night. I can't find the tubular heaters they sell in the UK.

Also, I've got PM on the Candida cuttings I put in perlite a couple of weeks ago:

I sprayed them with my 1% citric acid spray and I'll get some follow-up pics in a couple of days.

That's all for me other than the CB has slowed down the drinking by a day, but I'd be getting trichome pics on Friday either way (along with the Sour G and seedless Candida). We'll see! :ciao:

Quotes:

Nice grinder for $20! I don't think that's a legit 4" grinder though. They give the dimensions as 3 x 3.5 x 3.5. And unless these are Shaq-sized hands, it looks more like 3" to me!
8FeelTTN_540x.jpg

Here are my 3" and 4" grinders:
full

Absolutely!

See? We're always adding new things to your life here. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks Otter! It will definitely take a few rounds of drought to get the hang of when to rescue them. And I'm hoping to run clones in the spring for the MeJA testing.

I'm in UK and I use an oil filled. I prefer it to the tubes as has different temp settings and a thermostat so safer. The tubes are decent but a bit limited.
Thanks Moony! My space in the shed where the plants are is limited, unless I put it outside the Oval of Brightness®. But with the insulating walls and the light on top, I'm not sure the heat would get in there without cranking it up.

Anyone have experience with something like this? It would fit neatly along the edge and they're only 150 watts:
81EEof9c22S._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thanks Moony! My space in the shed where the plants are is limited, unless I put it outside the Oval of Brightness®. But with the insulating walls and the light on top, I'm not sure the heat would get in there without cranking it up.

Anyone have experience with something like this? It would fit neatly along the edge and they're only 150 watts:
81EEof9c22S._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I was literally about to say the oil filled come in many shapes and sizes. There's flat ones like that. Or there's tiny ones that look similar to a normal radiator. Let me see if I can find you one

Edit* search for "flat oil filled radiator" there are some great ones that are just a wafer thin mint hehe also ones with thermostat which you'll defo want. They tend to be a bit vague unless you get a digital one but you can find the right setting if you use a digital thermometer and testing :)

Back
Top Bottom