InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Start with roughly .25-.3g/L when you see first true leaves

move to 1.15-1.2g/L when you see full veg

push towards around 1.55-1.60g/L during flower

Cool! Thank you, Chef. I've bookmarked this for reference.

:thanks:

Okay. I probably won't worry about it this week because I'm trying a different watering method this week already. I probably won't even bother this grow since I'm already almost done. Next grow, I'll test it out.

Thanks again, Shed. You're a good person to let me post my questions for my grow here. :hug:
No problem HG! There are probably some different folks here than in your journal, so feel free.

Buggy Wednesday update, and steer clear if you are insect-phobic.

When I scrape the pollen off the mirror in the Colombian Gold 1 isolation box in the mornings, a lot of the pollen ends up stuck together by some sort of goop on the razor blade. It looks like this on the mirror:

There dead flyers and pollen, but also small spots that seem like sap. So I pulled out the plant and put it in the garden. Here it is on flip day 24:

[Note: the puddles on the ping pong table are not from rain, but dew to the nighttime humidity, which ranges as high as 95%.]

And here is what is dropping sap all over the place :eek: :

Tons of aphids! This is why it's good to spray every three days, which I haven't done obv. I sprayed the whole plant with Dr Bronner's Unscented Castille soap spray (4Tbs/gallon), knowing that it would inactivate any pollen currently exposed. Small sacrifice to kill the conquering hordes!

While the plant drip dried, I went back to clean the mirror and spray down the box. Before I did I got a closeup of the dead flyers:

...just for fun.

With a bit of luck I'll have a much purer batch of pollen tomorrow!

Hi Shed, those aphids really went to town! I had thrips instead. Outdoor gardening at its best. Stay stoneder

I’ve always been able to work with my plants at night as long as it’s faster than 15 minutes or so. I don’t think that short periods like that really bother them. I wouldn’t do an hour long chore at night.

I’ve always been able to work with my plants at night as long as it’s faster than 15 minutes or so. I don’t think that short periods like that really bother them. I wouldn’t do an hour long chore at night.
Interesting! I guess what's the worst that can happen, it's going to hermie? :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm not sure how to tell which pollen sacs need more time on the plant and which ones are ready to pluck though. Is there a key to knowing?

They’re open, they also will fall off very easily and shouldn’t need too much of a plucking.. but as long as they’re open you should be fine plucking it off to dry

My take is that, that’s okay. There’s plenty more where that came from once it’s properly dried out. As long as you get those flowers in a quiet spot on a piece of parchment you should be able to collect plenty of pollen.

Amazing how much sap they produce. The good news for Canadians is that the border is still closed so they won't be coming here any time soon.
ude I have the records of the peanuts holiday stuff. Ha ha, somewhere!
I had the Beagles White Album. Seriously, it was all white with Snoopy on it tapping his feet. I can't remember if that was the holiday edition.

Back
Top Bottom