HighTechRasta's 1000W China LED COCO 4x3 2in1 Tent Perpetual SCROG With BruceBanner & Bagseed

Day 21 Veg

My little Purple Nuken Bagseed, looking good, it's on Day 12 since broke soil.
I keep meaning to get some pics of the air-cup conversion I did on the clear inner cup...

The 2 5yr Bagseeds, previously in Hempy Solo Cups,
doing great but waiting for them to take off in their new homes.
They look pretty Sativa compared to the 4 on the other side.

Even at this slow rate I achieved tight nodes and explosive undergrowth under the "Blurple Saturation".

Little "Scrunty" doing just fine. Started all mutant, bring'n it now.

The Big Kids, notice my drip-elevator can in the middle,
still fighting with my cheap-ass drip system from the Zon,
trying to get a more even plane on the line-in,
not getting equal delivery, in-line valves ordered!
I will make it conform to my will, before I get a new one, so I can use it elsewhere...

Up front-left we have Bruce Banner, this little performer threw 3 shoots from the topping!

Front-right we have another Bruce Banner, looking good.

Back-left we have 10yr Bagseed, some kinda Indica, 2 shoots for topping formed well,
ready for LST.

Back-right another 10yr Bagseed, supposed to be the same as the one beside it
but is not as stretched out nodes.

Now I want to show what I think is explosive undergrowth,
which I attribute to what I'm coining "Blurple Saturation" in early Veg...

Attachments

• 20190324_025156-1536x864.jpg
    20190324_025156-1536x864.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 184
Continued...

Trying to figure out what is eating my leaves! Can't find anything yet with my eyes.
Safer's 3in1 Garden Spray will be applied starting tomorrow,
USB Microscope will be ordered for Bug and Trichome inspection...

Did the LST right away on the performer in the back...

That soft-tie stuff is the Tits! Waiting for topping shoots to be 2-3in before LST,
this one was ready. Aiming for a 12-14in from soil training height.

Ordered the goodies to DIY a scrog net frame,
the frame I designed will also hold back tent suction!

Still waiting on my Dr. Seeds "ExpressPost" order...

:nomo:

Want to mention...

I call them Kids because I have no guarantee of what the sex will be on any of them,
but I do believe this old school theory we believed 30yrs ago:

If you have an ounce of bud and find less than 5 seeds,
the seeds are almost always female. The theory goes that
a female that does not get pollinated will make these rare
female seeds as a survival thing...

Now, I've seen a lot of talk on here saying these are hermy
seeds. But I've also noticed a shit-ton of ill informed people
on here telling people that using silver to make seeds creates
hermy seeds!
This is 100% wrong!
Hermy is a recessive gene, if the seeds you make are Hermy,
then the gene was already there in the pollen you made and
the other female you pollinated.
Which also means if you self pollinate, no Hermy!
Only when you cross pollinate.
Well shit, actually, if your self pollinated female has a recessive
Hermy gene and you get some seeds with the same and then
back pollinate or cross pollinate 2 grown from those seeds you
could create a batch of Hermy mutants!

I will be attempting to weave all over that road,
avoiding Hermy mutants, will share...

Nice greens Rasta! I saw your post on Pennywise's old thread. I grow in Rockwool which is fairly different that coco, but I'll try to help if possible. I didn't read your pages yet, but will do so later this evening after I finish some errands, but wanted to chime in to say hey, and let you know the community WILL help when possible. FWIW, if you have specific problems that require answers quick, don't hesitate to jack anybody's thread just to get your question out into the universe. If it turns out to be a long convo to work through the prob, invite the helpers back here to really hash things out. Generally people don't mind being momentarily jacked if it helps the next grower.

Sup Jdeck, I'm expecting my goodies from Dr.Seeds tomorrow... :headbanger:

Maybe we can grow together, what beans did you get again,
we should get something same and we'll see the diff of coco vs ff ocean?

I see you got your signature sorted, did I help??
Going to read your journal now and sub in...

Ok, I nutted up on your grow. Some tips;

• get all timers on the outside of the tent, run extension cords if needed, but no other sources of light on the inside
  • get some 6500k CFL lights in the veg side, that will aid in vigor
  • stay in the solo cups till the roots are rootbound. I use clear solo cups, then put the clears in red cups with the bottoms cut off. This lets me sneak a peak every few days w/i pulling the root ball. I want root bound because then the roots grow back inward in search of water and food. Your coco will last longer. A tell tale sign when it's time to pot up is the cup gets bone dry in less than a day. Coco might be less forgiving than my rockwool, so you'll have to figure out the sweet spot.
  • Ditch the AN. Over time, I'll try and convince you to ditch all brands of nutes and buy salts, but if you're in Canada, you might have difficulty locating the needed salts, but if you can find them, I can show you how to make perfect nutes tailored to cannabis, plus enabling you to make adjustments. All liquid nutes sell you water. AN sells that same water for 3x as much.
  • EC is expressed in decimals. Your numbers are expressed in TDS, or PPM if you must, but PPM refers more to what I do as I know exactly how much parts per million of every element is in my feed. All elements combined and read with a meter is "total" dissolved solids. EC measures the voltage between the probes.
  • I strongly suggest lowering your TDS substantially. At the height of my bloom, I top out at 730 TDS and I'm still taking 20 ounce plants like clock work. I veg for long, but you'll need more than 1 foot to do that.
I think your tent is geared more for short veg SOG style, so you'll want to grow many plants, veg them for 3-5 weeks then send them into bloom until your tent is stuffed. If you time it right, you'll harvest perpetually while everyone gets good spacing due to the varying ages.

I think your leaf problems are from over ferting and creating toxicity(s). I'd say to at least halve the TDS which means twice the water to the same amount of nutes, or half the nutes to the same amount of water. Either way, your nutes will last you twice as long. I never did Coco, and from what I've read of others, it's a pretty fussy medium to use. I suggest looking into rockwool or perlite, or even DWC. Just my 2 cents.

I’d say deal Rasta, when I get better lighting. I ordered bubba kush, bubblegum autos, blue cheese photo. My plan is to run the autos, get a stash for a long photo grow. I’ll definitely line something up with you. I’m hoping to order another light next month.

Bro, I won't be running autos until I get a dedicated tent for it,
which I will be getting soon, autos are great to run in the background
while putting your real attention on your photos..
Would love to run the Blue Cheese with you.

I'm half way through your journal, looks like an awesome setup!
You might want to look at "Amnesia Haze" for your son...
What kinda light? You should get a QB.
:Rasta:

Ok, I nutted up on your grow. Some tips;
:hmmmm:
  • get all timers on the outside of the tent, run extension cords if needed, but no other sources of light on the inside
I will do that...
  • get some 6500k CFL lights in the veg side, that will aid in vigor
I'm currently enjoying the tight node space and explosive undergrowth of the "Blurple Saturation"...:hmmmm:
  • stay in the solo cups till the roots are rootbound. I use clear solo cups, then put the clears in red cups with the bottoms cut off. This lets me sneak a peak every few days w/i pulling the root ball. I want root bound because then the roots grow back inward in search of water and food. Your coco will last longer. A tell tale sign when it's time to pot up is the cup gets bone dry in less than a day. Coco might be less forgiving than my rockwool, so you'll have to figure out the sweet spot.
Thanks, I already figured that and planned for it, I took your clear inner solo cup thing and went next level,
I made the inner clear cup into a air-cup, like a mini air-pot, will take a pic after this post
  • Ditch the AN. Over time, I'll try and convince you to ditch all brands of nutes and buy salts, but if you're in Canada, you might have difficulty locating the needed salts, but if you can find them, I can show you how to make perfect nutes tailored to cannabis, plus enabling you to make adjustments. All liquid nutes sell you water. AN sells that same water for 3x as much.
Yup, I was seduced by YouTube and that the line is made in Canada. Already planing to run this stuff off and switch to Green Planet or DaKine powders, which sounds like what you're making??
  • EC is expressed in decimals. Your numbers are expressed in TDS, or PPM if you must, but PPM refers more to what I do as I know exactly how much parts per million of every element is in my feed. All elements combined and read with a meter is "total" dissolved solids. EC measures the voltage between the probes.
I dunno, I'm posting the numbers on my meter and they correspond with the feed schedules I've seen,
working mostly from the info at cocoforcannabis.com I'll take a pic of my EC meter too for ya
  • I strongly suggest lowering your TDS substantially. At the height of my bloom, I top out at 730 TDS and I'm still taking 20 ounce plants like clock work. I veg for long, but you'll need more than 1 foot to do that.
I think your tent is geared more for short veg SOG style, so you'll want to grow many plants, veg them for 3-5 weeks then send them into bloom until your tent is stuffed. If you time it right, you'll harvest perpetually while everyone gets good spacing due to the varying ages.

The "Bloom Boom Room" side of the tent is just 3x3, just ordered the bits to DIY a scrog frame, which will also assist in holding back the force from collapsing my tent in from the exhaust fan... While writing this, I think I've just decided
that later I will get a new tent for flowering and this tent will be my germ/early veg/auto tent...

I think your leaf problems are from over ferting and creating toxicity(s). I'd say to at least halve the TDS which means twice the water to the same amount of nutes, or half the nutes to the same amount of water. Either way, your nutes will last you twice as long. I never did Coco, and from what I've read of others, it's a pretty fussy medium to use. I suggest looking into rockwool or perlite, or even DWC. Just my 2 cents.

I think you're right about the leaf problem. I've been hunting for days and have not seen a single thing in the way of bugs. Today I went and bought "Safer's End-All Miticide/Insecticide" and "Green Earth Garden Fungicide". Both are still in the bottles, I did not spray yet, I just had a feeling to wait a little longer. My research on the leaves did not turn up anything that was likely in my tent, like bugs big enough to eat like that without my unrelenting detection abilities! But the research was turning up some vague bits pointing at what you said about toxicity. I have been fighting the curve with coco and getting my EC dialed in. Ph keeps creeping up like crazy too, makes me nutters...:hmmmm:

My TDS/EC meter from the Zon.

It's sitting in my seedling nute mix. Currently feeding the big kids @ what this meter shows as 1000EC.

The New Kid on the block, Purple Nuken, in it's double Solo cup.

The thing's only 2in tall and it's working on it's 3rd true node and there's secondary growth at the bottom!
I'm really liking "Blurple Saturation"...

A few pics to try and show the few hundred holes I meticulously melted into this cup with a candle and finishing nail in pliers setup...

Pretty happy with the results, will be making a few more of these.
How far do you think this one is?
How far should I let it go, it's looking pretty nice like it could go for a while yet...

Depending the conversion factor, 0.5 is most common, 0.7 2nd most common. Each tenth of EC at a .5 CF represents 50 TDS so an EC reading of say 2.1 would be 1050 TDS, aka PPM. Myself and other growers will look past the difference as we know what you're implying, but for ifo purposes, EC is written as decimals. I keep mine around 1.4-1.5ish which is confusing as hell, but the Brits across the pond use it and it is the base measurement. Our meters then convert that reading into what commonly use. Even though that site is telling you to run it hot, especially at such a young age your plants will encounter stress. Canna doesn't need to be pushed hard to do fantastic, but if you insist, I foresee you learning that lesson the hard way and that's not always a bad thing because once you realize it, you'll be more likely to remember it in future grows. It usually takes me 10-20 failures to learn certain lessons, so I'm not preaching from a podium on this.

It's great that your roots already have reached up high in the media, but I would let them fill out more and circle around the bottom a few times. When I pot up from solo cups, I have about a half inch cake of roots on the bottom, or about a CM if you prefer metric. The side holes are good to as that will add air to the media. It's very good to let the media near dry before wetting again. If the media is always wet, O2 will be low and the roots will never have to search for food and not grow too well. Letting the media dry encourages root growth which then translates into canopy growth. If the roots are slowed, the canopy will also slow.

One of my old pics
veg.jpg

OK, can I get your thoughts on...
"coco has nothing in it, treat it like hydroponics"
"feed with every watering"
"never let coco dry out, salts will build up bad"
"coco holds 30% oxygen no matter how wet it is"

Currently I'm watering every 3hrs on a drip system, that's about to get an upgrade, parts'll be here in 2 days.
They're getting about 100-120ml each per feeding. Currently getting little runoff, drain to waste. Working on
trying to do a recirculating system to save on nutes and vacuuming out the dishes every day.

Yup, the AN has been kicking my ass. I started with 1/2 strength, then 1/4, then I went to my tap water and had to drop the AN to 1/8 strength and still the mix comes out at 2000ec, then I dilute it with PH'd and CalMag'd tap water down to 1000ec currently...

OK, bedtime...

Bro, I won't be running autos until I get a dedicated tent for it,
which I will be getting soon, autos are great to run in the background
while putting your real attention on your photos..
Would love to run the Blue Cheese with you.

I'm half way through your journal, looks like an awesome setup!
You might want to look at "Amnesia Haze" for your son...
What kinda light? You should get a QB.
:Rasta:
Thx Rasta, I thought real hard about the Amnesia Haze. That is definitely on my to do list. I’m going to look into building a big QB board for flower, and use my dimmable blurples for veg. Right now only one room, I let my friend use my 3x3 until his room is built. If everything works out, I’ll be dropping the Blue Cheese in August. Cheers!!!

Back
Top Bottom