Hi All - Learning To Grow Autoflower

Hi sorry for slow reply guys I've had alot going on atm....

My plans where to cut long stems and cuts all leaves off and just hang them with the dehumidifier on and the extractor fan and 1 swival fan on. What temps should the room be as I no it need to be cold in there?? And tips???

I've also tried one bud but dried it out in the oven. Tasted like shit probably coz I put it in the oven lol I'm guessing drying them out slow is where all the tast comes from?

Do you think she is ready to be cut down today? I'm gonna buy some glass jars today
Are all the white pistils red and crinkled in?
She taking forever to drain her pot?
Then yes.
How long dose it normally take to dry out?
Slower is better 7-10 days to dry then 2 weeks in jars .
Hope your having a nice morning.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

RH go around 48-55 though out the day and night but steady pace. Do you think she will be ready to crop soon? I've not heard from Roy I really hope he's doing OK I no he's not well atm.. but I also don't no how to dry buds really and what temps to dry and do I trim before drying ECT??? ROY HOPE YOUE WELL MY MAN LOVE OFF LOVE GINGER POWER!! STAY STRONG 💪
Hi @ginger power et al - over the worst of it now, cheers for the vibes good people :ganjamon:

Hmm, looking ok, but not a lot of frosting going on gp, I'd put that down to a low power lamp [for future reference] and maybe the slight over-feeding a few weeks ago

She's well on her way though and I see you're thinking on the chop/dry in the next few weeks
I find it easiest to cut off any leaves with a stem while she's still in the pot so handling is minimal
Then I chop into individual branches - if the sugar leaves are very frosty, I leave them on and they will curl in as they dry
If they are not very frosty, I trim again with a large pair of scissors [then scrape the oil off the blades and smoke it lol]
I try to let them dry over 7-10 days hanging [*or in a cardboard box*] at cool room temp, aiming for +/-60% RH
Once they are slightly crisp to touch but still spongy/smelly when squeezed I take the buds off the stems and spread them out in a cardboard box until they feel dry and become very light - some say wait until the stems snap cleanly before jarring, but that's pretty unreliable in my book

I use large tupperware pots so it's easier to give them a shake or tip them out to air
If it starts to smell at all musty, I tip it out for another day until that smell goes and it starts to smell funky
Occasionally if it is taking too long to fully dry, I stand the box on a lamp and gently warm from beneath for 10-15 mins at a time, then let it cool down completely
It's known as 'sweating' and is a gentle way of getting that last bit of moisture out of the stems
After that, into jars and just air [burp] them for the first week or so
Your bud will be starting to smell good by then 🤞

*NB there a lots of environment variables in there, it might take a couple of runs to find what works best for you

ps @Fenderbender - Irish mother, Scottish father; feckin eejit namby-pamby shandy-drinking sassenach southerner son lol

Hi @ginger power et al - over the worst of it now, cheers for the vibes good people :ganjamon:

Hmm, looking ok, but not a lot of frosting going on gp, I'd put that down to a low power lamp [for future reference] and maybe the slight over-feeding a few weeks ago

She's well on her way though and I see you're thinking on the chop/dry in the next few weeks
I find it easiest to cut off any leaves with a stem while she's still in the pot so handling is minimal
Then I chop into individual branches - if the sugar leaves are very frosty, I leave them on and they will curl in as they dry
If they are not very frosty, I trim again with a large pair of scissors [then scrape the oil off the blades and smoke it lol]
I try to let them dry over 7-10 days hanging [*or in a cardboard box*] at cool room temp, aiming for +/-60% RH
Once they are slightly crisp to touch but still spongy/smelly when squeezed I take the buds off the stems and spread them out in a cardboard box until they feel dry and become very light - some say wait until the stems snap cleanly before jarring, but that's pretty unreliable in my book

I use large tupperware pots so it's easier to give them a shake or tip them out to air
If it starts to smell at all musty, I tip it out for another day until that smell goes and it starts to smell funky
Occasionally if it is taking too long to fully dry, I stand the box on a lamp and gently warm from beneath for 10-15 mins at a time, then let it cool down completely
It's known as 'sweating' and is a gentle way of getting that last bit of moisture out of the stems
After that, into jars and just air [burp] them for the first week or so
Your bud will be starting to smell good by then 🤞

*NB there a lots of environment variables in there, it might take a couple of runs to find what works best for you

ps @Fenderbender - Irish mother, Scottish father; feckin eejit namby-pamby shandy-drinking sassenach southerner son lol
Nice to here you OK Roy, was getting worried about you tbh...I'm glad your on the up keep staying strong my man!

All the hairs have turned red now so hopefully in a week maybe Roy? OK everything you have just said above il do lol thanks mate I'm glad your all good though. Here some pics of updates

I will look in to a better light and tent next aswell

20240129_132320.jpg

20240129_132325.jpg

20240129_132331.jpg

20240129_132330.jpg

20240129_132341.jpg

20240129_133153.jpg

20240129_133211.jpg

Are all the white pistils red and crinkled in?
She taking forever to drain her pot?
Then yes.

Slower is better 7-10 days to dry then 2 weeks in jars .
Hope your having a nice morning.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
All white pistils have gone and there ginger/red

she's drinking more then ever!

Thanks for the advice bill284

Hope your keeping well mate

She should be slowing up on the water uptake as she ripens, I keep the pot a bit drier towards the end
You can pop your seed for the next grow around now in a small starter pot [Strawnana?]

I keep the room as cool as ambient can be. No special cooling for it. Some use a refrigerator drying method and say it helps retain more terps. Study there for future drying.
She should be slowing up on the water uptake as she ripens, I keep the pot a bit drier towards the end
You can pop your seed for the next grow around now in a small starter pot [Strawnana?]
Welcome back Roy!

I keep the room as cool as ambient can be. No special cooling for it. Some use a refrigerator drying method and say it helps retain more terps. Study there for future drying.

Welcome back Roy!
Cheers Stone - agree, summertime I've been known run a bath of cold water/cold shower to keep it cool
The shower reduces smell too, negative ions and all that

What kinda temps should I be looking at? I no the humidity no higher the 60% if I'm right? Cold shower Roy? I'm confused lol
Room temp 20°C is on the warm side 16°C is better, yes around 60%RH

In summertime when temps are way too high like 30°C, I run a cold shower to cool down the bathroom, then hang them in there to keep them cooler so they don't dry too quickly

I get the best terps with a hybrid drying method- I hang for 2-3 days (no trimming) and that loses about 50% of the water weight. Then a light trim and break everything into 6 inch sections and paper bag it. Into the fridge to be weighed daily until the bag only loses 1 gram of weight overnight and at that point it’s about ready to jar and burp.
I know lots of people love 62 RH but I feel like once it’s cured it retains better taste somewhere in the mid-upper 50s RH.
Just my opinion of course and everyone’s got the opportunity to just look right past this post and do it their way..

Looks like tasty weed!

I get the best terps with a hybrid drying method- I hang for 2-3 days (no trimming) and that loses about 50% of the water weight. Then a light trim and break everything into 6 inch sections and paper bag it. Into the fridge to be weighed daily until the bag only loses 1 gram of weight overnight and at that point it’s about ready to jar and burp.
I know lots of people love 62 RH but I feel like once it’s cured it retains better taste somewhere in the mid-upper 50s RH.
Just my opinion of course and everyone’s got the opportunity to just look right past this post and do it their way..

Looks like tasty weed!
Agree - just gotta find what works for you [...and I don't want GP to frazzle his first stash lol]
:hookah:

Cheers Stone - agree, summertime I've been known run a bath of cold water/cold shower to keep it cool
The shower reduces smell too, negative ions and all that
I’m happy to see you’re feeling better Roy and I’m sure GP is too. CL🍀

Room temp 20°C is on the warm side 16°C is better, yes around 60%RH

In summertime when temps are way too high like 30°C, I run a cold shower to cool down the bathroom, then hang them in there to keep them cooler so they don't dry too quickly
OK that's brilliant to know haha my bathroom is by my front door could be abit tricky nice to no the temps though least I have something to work with

Looks like tasty weed!t

Looks like tasty weed!
Thankyou for the advice I will take eveyone tips on board, she smells amazing! Really hard buds I'm hoping for a nice smoke she's come out better then what I was expecting. Couldn't of done it with out you guys :) big shout out to my main man Roy

Big shout out to my 420 friends here who backed you up esp when I was sick :thanks:

Gotta love this place, it really is the most genuine community of growers on the internet

:420:

Big shout out to my 420 friends here who backed you up esp when I was sick :thanks:

Gotta love this place, it really is the most genuine community of growers on the internet

:420:
Agree everyone here has been so nice and supportive! Not one person has took the piss either witch I really appreciate... and I've honestly learned alot from you guys :)

Agree everyone here has been so nice and supportive! Not one person has took the piss either witch I really appreciate... and I've honestly learned alot from you guys :)
Wish I could smoke a joint with you all haha if only was that easy I've just ordered a tent and perlite and pro + coco... any good tips on 200w 300w full spectrum light?
Loving growing keeping me in a good mind set and focing on somthing I enjoy 🤩

Thanks 420!!!

Was looking at this light o amazon aswell any good guys worth the money or worth looking elsewhere?

Also Roy any different nutrients to buy or better ones to buy for bigger yields? Loving the a+b could we change the doff to something better?

Screenshot_20240131_163734_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240131_163728_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240131_164409_Gallery.jpg

Getting the grow environment spot on will get you results, not stronger nutrients etc

Canna Coco Pro+ = yep [get some myco from the garden centre]
Canna Coco A/B = yep, that's all you need
Doff = you could try Canna Boost but it has a pretty low impact IMO
Perlite = yep mix 70/30
Linqool = hmm, never heard of them so who knows
I tend to buy trusted brands from a grow shop instead of fleabay/zon - ignore the fake reviews/ratings
Lumatek ATS 200/300 Pro is only a few ££ more, solid UK build, long warranty, dimmable, rarely needs full power

Don't forget we had to skip the PK on this run - that will bump up your yield as will better airflow in a vented tent

Wow! What a great read and an amazing first grow! I’m new both to growing and to this group and I have to say, I’m impressed by the helpfulness of you all! (Bill has been helping to steer me right as well)
Can’t wait to see you wrap this up GP! Congratulations so far!

Back
Top Bottom