Hello! Good to be here

The state of my little personal perpetual as of a week ago, nothing in bloom atm but that space is being used as a drying space right now. I'm a small hobbyist as you see.

1000000180.jpg

Growing these 25+ years old mystery seeds is so much fun. I have noticed how not all of these old school types (they not really strains by true definition, are they?) likes LEDs or being grown indoors in general.
So far I have had 68% males pretty spot on and 7% have hermed out on me. It's ok though, I'm dwelling in the love of watching stuff grow and I'm a hobbyist.

The state of my little personal perpetual as of a week ago, nothing in bloom atm but that space is being used as a drying space right now. I'm a small hobbyist as you see.

1000000180.jpg

Growing these 25+ years old mystery seeds is so much fun. I have noticed how not all of these old school types (they not really strains by true definition, are they?) likes LEDs or being grown indoors in general.
So far I have had 68% males pretty spot on and 7% have hermed out on me. It's ok though, I'm dwelling in the love of watching stuff grow and I'm a hobbyist.
It is so much fun. :thumb:
Healthy girls and full pots, that's what I like to see! :high-five:
Hope your enjoying your weekend my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Welcome to 420 Magazine @azton

Your little ladies look happy and healthy.
What strains are you currently growing?

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Also, we now have a Fungi section if you would like to grow mushrooms.

1000000180.jpg

Nice ladies 👍 where did all your seeds come from? Do you do deep clean every time you find a male or herm?

Happy Sunday 🤙

I've gotten these seeds from my dad mostly, they are from the time when there was just "weed". I have bought a couple of seeds too, the largest one I have growing is a "Wedding Glue" I got from a guy on another forum. I have a couple of Cafe Racer, OG Kush and stuff for the future, but they are feminized seeds and I don't think those are any fun. I might grow them this winter when it's cooler.

I am seeing a trend of seed companies only selling feminized seeds and autos so people won't be able to make their own seeds or clone at home, so I take that as a call to make seed, of course. I have a smaller tent with a quantum board that I use for that. When I find a male I either off it or if it looks strong I put it there with a strong girl and get strong baby seeds as nature intended.

I try and catch hermies and males as soon as possible and remove them from the grow space, so far I haven't had any problems. I've had a few seeds in a bud, but hey 🤷 I also have a wardrobe with a cob grow light that I put together when I was trying to think myself and save money, ending up spending more money, you know, dumb male on my part. It is passively cooled but I'll use it for something this winter.

I'm the only one smoking my stash anyway. I think my passion for this hobby right now is propagation honestly. Spreading love.

I have noticed how not all of these old school types (they not really strains by true definition, are they?) likes LEDs or being grown indoors in general.
25 years ago was after the pure land strains but before organized hybridization. They are a match to some hybrid strain but no telling which one. What issues are you having with indoors or LED?

I am seeing a trend of seed companies only selling feminized seeds and autos so people won't be able to make their own seeds or clone at home, so I take that as a call to make seed, of course.

I pretty much stopped adding to my land strain seed collection in the early 80s. I used different techniques over the years to feminize the strains to prevent random hybrids. Feminized plants can produce female seeds that only have genetics from the mother. Colloidal silver is the easiest way to create feminized seeds from a feminized plant.

I've gotten these seeds from my dad mostly, they are from the time when there was just "weed". I have bought a couple of seeds too, the largest one I have growing is a "Wedding Glue" I got from a guy on another forum. I have a couple of Cafe Racer, OG Kush and stuff for the future, but they are feminized seeds and I don't think those are any fun. I might grow them this winter when it's cooler
Like forest gump, you know what your gonna get 😁 very interesting and could end up with some old gems too👌
I am seeing a trend of seed companies only selling feminized seeds and autos so people won't be able to make their own seeds or clone at home, so I take that as a call to make seed, of course. I have a smaller tent with a quantum board that I use for that. When I find a male I either off it or if it looks strong I put it there with a strong girl and get strong baby seeds as nature intended.
Yeah fem and auto are just money, time and space saving for those who have no interest in breeding.
I try and catch hermies and males as soon as possible and remove them from the grow space, so far I haven't had any problems. I've had a few seeds in a bud, but hey 🤷 I also have a wardrobe with a cob grow light that I put together when I was trying to think myself and save money, ending up spending more money, you know, dumb male on my part. It is passively cooled but I'll use it for something this winter.
Yeah even with new strains I get the odd seed from a good run so that's just a bonus 🤣 and yeah many times I've wasted money trying to save money 🤦‍♂️
I'm the only one smoking my stash anyway. I think my passion for this hobby right now is propagation honestly. Spreading love.
Nice 👌 do you do any baking or extracts with your flower?

👌

No, I dont get that much flower, I make some hash with a screen out of trim, might get bubble bags, I'm trying to figure out what's best for trim 🤷
Yeah I've never tried making buble hash myself but herd it's not too difficult. oil and butter works well with trim I need to get some made up soon! 👍

If you only have a small pile of trim 1 or 2 oz (30-4 grams) butter or oil is the way to go. When you have a lot of sugary trim to process, bubble bags. faster and easier than dry screening. No drying, processing, or grading required. Ice, agitate, and each screen catches and separates the grades. I process 3 gallons (11.5 liters) of trim per run to make temple balls.

Frenchy has some good tutorials on bubblee hash on you tube.

If you only have a small pile of trim 1 or 2 oz (30-4 grams) butter or oil is the way to go. When you have a lot of sugary trim to process, bubble bags. faster and easier than dry screening. No drying, processing, or grading required. Ice, agitate, and each screen catches and separates the grades. I process 3 gallons (11.5 liters) of trim per run to make temple balls.

Frenchy has some good tutorials on bubblee hash on you tube.

I'm gonna sound silly now, lol, but I am careful with fat. Have had some issues with the old pumper. Ok, I was like 60 lbs larger then, but I watch out for extra calories. Good thing I hardly get da munchies anymore. Unless I start eating, that can turn disgusting, lol.

What about butane extraction? Is it worth it with trim?

My uncle makes green dragon. In the middle of an empty field in the country side. Butane works but you have to use pure butane, not just any lighter fluid. It is more expensive and you are dealing with explosive gas. You need to be well away from anything you are not willing to burn or blow up. Slowly evaporating cannabis scented butane for 24 hour is the polar opposite of stealth.

Trim can be dried and stored in jars. After collecting trim from a few plants you can do a bubble run. Doing smaller runs still works but it's a lot of work for a small ball of hash. I dump my trim in 5 gallon buckets marked by strain. When they are full I do a double run. Just need bags and ice. House doesn't smell like cana oil either.

You can cook down in any oil. I do butter and olive oil. Some use coconut or veg. The olive oil is great on pasta or vinegar oil dressing. Canna oil! It's not just for brownies any more!

Good morning
1000000256.jpg

Sheeed I should have been a photograph 😂
Just lean your heads, I'm old.
I wanted to create a grow journal but I have to post more I suppose and I don't feel like ruining your forum here with shitposts in threads I haven't even read through, so I guess there won't be a journal for this grow. Well, there isn't a "this grow" in my life, it's just a cycle.
Been raising the PK for the big girl, she wants to bloom now. She's an auto I got from a guy on another forum, Ive never grown an auto indoors before so that's pretty cool.

Next in size and the lil shit there are mystery seeds. The larger of them (in the small pot) is looking strong 💪 I'll breed from her for sure. Will clean out my propagation tent this weekend. Bent her now to give the lower nodes some light. She LOVES training like that. Thick baby. I'll never know where she came from but I like to imagine dad got her as a bag seed sometime when I was a kid and just kept her among his mixed seeds and now I got her. The seeds she brings my son might grow some day. Happy to meet an old mystery seed who seems to like growing under LEDs. Some just dont seem to know wtf is going on and grow crazy weird and don't eat or drink like they should.

Fed her two days ago and just gave her a sip of water now since she felt light and I'll be gone for the day.

Journals. I have always been horrible at writing stuff down but I'm trying to learn. I like writing though.

What's that dam paper towel Tupperware shit you got there hoss? That is a paper towel Tupperware shit Hun. Lol, its water and some wire too, dad taught me that. Its like a humidifier. Lowers the temp with a whole celcius degree and dont cost a penny.

The smallest one I hope will be my muscular MALE and hopefully he'll be the father to my new custom "strain". I'll name it something awesome and local. If it's a girl.. Well, we know what to do with those and we'll survive. Mommy will be fine in 18/6 for a while and I'll find me a boy.

Short note on nutes. I just use organic liquid now from a teputable brand. Can't remember what the rules on this forum is for naming brands. Their feeding chart is CRAZY so I do my own thinking here.

If somebody is interested I'll write my soil recipe down, but you got your shit sorted I bet.

Anyhow, off to work.

Hey everyone

I'm Azton. I'm a middle aged guy who had just picked up growing again after 20 years. So much has happened since then so I'm basically a beginner.

I have grown outdoors and indoors under HPS in hydro and now I am doing LEDs and soil indoors for the first time. Having a lot of fun and learning stuff.

I'm in an outlaw area of the world and might not be generous with details on my person, but you guys get it.

Anyhow. I'm happy to be here and I'm looking forwards to learn from y'all.

Autocorrect makes me sound southern US, lol.

Peace and love/ Azton
I'm happy that you're here friend, I am also real new

Good morning
1000000256.jpg

Sheeed I should have been a photograph 😂
Just lean your heads, I'm old.
I wanted to create a grow journal but I have to post more I suppose and I don't feel like ruining your forum here with shitposts in threads I haven't even read through, so I guess there won't be a journal for this grow. Well, there isn't a "this grow" in my life, it's just a cycle.
Been raising the PK for the big girl, she wants to bloom now. She's an auto I got from a guy on another forum, Ive never grown an auto indoors before so that's pretty cool.

Next in size and the lil shit there are mystery seeds. The larger of them (in the small pot) is looking strong 💪 I'll breed from her for sure. Will clean out my propagation tent this weekend. Bent her now to give the lower nodes some light. She LOVES training like that. Thick baby. I'll never know where she came from but I like to imagine dad got her as a bag seed sometime when I was a kid and just kept her among his mixed seeds and now I got her. The seeds she brings my son might grow some day. Happy to meet an old mystery seed who seems to like growing under LEDs. Some just dont seem to know wtf is going on and grow crazy weird and don't eat or drink like they should.

Fed her two days ago and just gave her a sip of water now since she felt light and I'll be gone for the day.

Journals. I have always been horrible at writing stuff down but I'm trying to learn. I like writing though.

What's that dam paper towel Tupperware shit you got there hoss? That is a paper towel Tupperware shit Hun. Lol, its water and some wire too, dad taught me that. Its like a humidifier. Lowers the temp with a whole celcius degree and dont cost a penny.

The smallest one I hope will be my muscular MALE and hopefully he'll be the father to my new custom "strain". I'll name it something awesome and local. If it's a girl.. Well, we know what to do with those and we'll survive. Mommy will be fine in 18/6 for a while and I'll find me a boy.

Short note on nutes. I just use organic liquid now from a teputable brand. Can't remember what the rules on this forum is for naming brands. Their feeding chart is CRAZY so I do my own thinking here.

If somebody is interested I'll write my soil recipe down, but you got your shit sorted I bet.

Anyhow, off to work.
wow! already posting much better than me lol

When growing perpetually like me you have plants in different stages all the time, its extra work for sure and you'll have to feed them individually. There's no one day to water or mixing one big batch of nutes. But I like it. It forces me to focus on every individual plant. Its a lot of fun. It's my hobby and I want to tune to it rather than making it too simple. That's how I do shit at work, at home and in life generally. Its pretty awesome having ADHD. My body might age, but I'll never grow up mentally.

I have 4 kids in different ages and genders, it's about the same challenge. Try mixing a teenage girls taste in soda up with her younger brothers and you will have a war in your car all the way home. Gotta stay sharp!

Back
Top Bottom