Heavens Shores - Bill's 2022 Grow: Come Meet Howie! Show Us Your Grow Too - Bring A Pic

Are you planning to section a small space off for your clone factory?
Good morning Azi. :ciao:
How are you doing today my friend?
First is somewhere to hang the MedicGrow.
Probably a 5x5 ish area immediately to the right as you enter.
That's the highest ceiling 10'
Then beside that will be clone and veg.
Logistics of that are TBD.
Once I see what space is available and what I need for a desk and some shelves.
So there will be 2 possibly 3 actual areas with plants and a little work space.
It's 10 x 10 , 100 sq/ft, should be plenty of room to keep me busy over the winter.
Pull a couple extra grams.:rofl:
Any suggestions, I'm open to ideas.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

I have an over/under cabinet grow. Bottom veg space and upper flower and keep the plants pretty small. Maybe something like that for mothers and seedlings could help maximize your footprint since mothers, seedlings and clones don't need a lot of height. Would give you double the space in the same footprint. Probably have to enclose it rather than just using shelves so the longer light schedule doesn't interfere with the flowering crew. Unless you'd be growing autos I suppose...

I have an over/under cabinet grow. Bottom veg space and upper flower and keep the plants pretty small. Maybe something like that for mothers and seedlings could help maximize your footprint since mothers, seedlings and clones don't need a lot of height. Would give you double the space in the same footprint. Probably have to enclose it rather than just using shelves so the longer light schedule doesn't interfere with the flowering crew. Unless you'd be growing autos I suppose...
Thanks. :thumb:
That makes sense.
Flower room will be completely enclosed.
Don't like autos.
But I don't need a 9' tall veg room.
I could easily segment a mother room, above or below.
See asking for ideas around here is brilliant.
Just like the guy at the lumber yard says to me...
Just have the door open out instead of in.
Simple idea but saves me room inside .
Small things can make a difference.
Like I could switch sides use 10 foot as double room.
And 9 foot for flower.
That's why I characterized my plans as fluid.
:thanks:

Stay safe

I am in awe of your construction skills Bill!

I wish I could build stuff. :Rasta:

Thanks. :thumb:
That makes sense.
Flower room will be completely enclosed.
Don't like autos.
But I don't need a 9' tall veg room.
I could easily segment a mother room, above or below.
See asking for ideas around here is brilliant.
Just like the guy at the lumber yard says to me...
Just have the door open out instead of in.
Simple idea but saves me room inside .
Small things can make a difference.
Like I could switch sides use 10 foot as double room.
And 9 foot for flower.
That's why I characterized my plans as fluid.
:thanks:

Stay safe
Looks like everything is coming along great! I am busy making rosin today. Takes a lot of time to press that much material. but the lemon haze Vape I make for myself is lovely!
Here’s my flower room today! 7 lights and 11 ladies
Talk again soon my friend.:hookah: Ward

9C42596F-8EB4-4A47-A588-5D73E836ADD0.jpeg

Looks like everything is coming along great! I am busy making rosin today. Takes a lot of time to press that much material. but the lemon haze Vape I make for myself is lovely!
Here’s my flower room today! 7 lights and 11 ladies
Talk again soon my friend.:hookah: Ward

9C42596F-8EB4-4A47-A588-5D73E836ADD0.jpeg
My biggest flower room was 4x8 - 2700 watts, pulled 2 lb every 4 weeks.
All that said I'm jealous looking at your room.:adore::adore:
Thanks for sharing with us.:thanks:
Crunch time snow soon.
As my dad used to say " time to shite or get off the pot "
Ordered more material today so Monday I might have it insulated but probably Tuesday.
Coco baby. :thumb:
Have a great day Amigo.
Take care.

Stay safe

My biggest flower room was 4x8 - 2700 watts, pulled 2 lb every 4 weeks.
All that said I'm jealous looking at your room.:adore::adore:
Thanks for sharing with us.:thanks:
Crunch time snow soon.
As my dad used to say " time to shite or get off the pot "
Ordered more material today so Monday I might have it insulated but probably Tuesday.
Coco baby. :thumb:
Have a great day Amigo.
Take care.

Stay safe
I feel very fortunate to have the space! Now with these new planters it’s gonna be a lot easier to get more out of the room. I have 900 W LED out of the wall. 5 100 watts and 2 200 watts. My average is getting better and better! I’ve never tried Coco ,now with the SIP my veg closet is filling up plenty fast for me!
Have a great Sunday! Talk again soon. :hookah: Ward

0059EC04-39F9-43D5-BF94-BDB4C6A68658.jpeg

I feel very fortunate to have the space! Now with these new planters it’s gonna be a lot easier to get more out of the room. I have 900 W LED out of the wall. 5 100 watts and 2 200 watts. My average is getting better and better! I’ve never tried Coco ,now with the SIP my veg closet is filling up plenty fast for me!
Have a great Sunday! Talk again soon. :hookah: Ward

0059EC04-39F9-43D5-BF94-BDB4C6A68658.jpeg
Love the kitty. :love:
Tried to sneak that past us. ;)
Coco will cut your veg time in half, soil.
And double your pull, 284 method.:p
It just makes sense.
Especially if you run SIP at the bottom, brilliant. Imo.
Enjoy the rest of your day Amigo. :passitleft:

Stay safe

heya Bill,, peace and karma sent from snowy kelowna,, we might just get some accumulation today,, great for the ski hills for sure,,

sure interesting to read about you latest project, indeed.. good for you,, keep busier than you already are,, ha

nice to build from the ground up,, lots of planning and re planning and wondering why what seemed like such a good idea yesterday,, seems nuts today,, i resemble that remark,, ha

heating and cooling,, in our land is such a big concern,, as y'all know,, it costs,,

i have my studio in an outbuilding similar to your situation,, and it always bugged me to be exhausting all that warm air out into the netherlands, so i have an exhaust pipe that i can switch between two outlets,, one outlet goes to the netherlands, for summer time,, and the other outlet goes under neath my studio, into the crawl space, then out to the netherlands,, my studio outbuilding is unreal poorly built and insulated so i think i save a bit of the heating this way

so i got all my hashing done and finished,, and even cleaned up which is always the hardest part for me,, and takes the longest,, days even,, ha

no pics cuz one hash ball looks pretty similar to another,, tho i left some of the hash in the powdery unballed up stage for use in my volcano,,

i done pretty good i think,, ending up with 34.4 grams of sweet swell hash,,

interesting note about the two plants i had,, the sativa and the indica

even tho the indica was three times the size in area,, the sativa was so densely bushed that both plants came reasonably close to the same amount , especially hash volumes,, and pretty kinda close in weed volume too

i wanna fish that river Bill,, you bet,, one day perhaps,,

till then,, be safe,, and don't test a wire by sticking it on your tongue,,

peace out friend,,

the other outlet goes under neath my studio, into the crawl space, then out to the netherlands,, my studio outbuilding is unreal poorly built and insulated so i think i save a bit of the heating this way
I would think venting it directly to the studio would be much more effective than trying to heat just the floorboards, but I'm sure you have a reason for venting to the crawl space. :hmmmm:
i done pretty good i think,, ending up with 34.4 grams of sweet swell hash
Nice job nivek!:drool:

Good Morning Everyone

PSX_20221107_093640.jpg

Heavens Shores

PSX_20221107_093516.jpg

I have a bit of work left

Anchors lights a couple panels maby

But it's in place and snowing right now

Have a great day

@Bill284 Method

:420:

Stay safe

heya Bill,, peace and karma sent from snowy kelowna,, we might just get some accumulation today,, great for the ski hills for sure,,
I loved skiing. :yahoo:
The only reason I went to school on Friday's.
Pick everyone up and go skiing.
Georgian Peaks was the tallest hill around.
Then Blue Mountain.
Every Friday we had a ball smoking Black on the lifts.:passitleft:
It's snowing here today. :rolleyes:
sure interesting to read about you latest project, indeed.. good for you,, keep busier than you already are,, ha

nice to build from the ground up,, lots of planning and re planning and wondering why what seemed like such a good idea yesterday,, seems nuts today,, i resemble that remark,, ha
I know what you picture in your head just doesn't work out sometimes. :laugh:
heating and cooling,, in our land is such a big concern,, as y'all know,, it costs,,
That's going to be the issue, below zero costs $$$$$$ big bucks now.
Stacey won't be happy if I'm spending a lot on Hydro.
i have my studio in an outbuilding similar to your situation,, and it always bugged me to be exhausting all that warm air out into the netherlands,
What exhaust are you talking about?
from the heater, the exhaust pipe?
Doesn't that have carbon monoxide in it??
Otherwise why are you removing the warm air when it's cold outside?
so i have an exhaust pipe that i can switch between two outlets,, one outlet goes to the netherlands, for summer time,, and the other outlet goes under neath my studio, into the crawl space, then out to the netherlands,, my studio outbuilding is unreal poorly built and insulated so i think i save a bit of the heating this way

so i got all my hashing done and finished,, and even cleaned up which is always the hardest part for me,, and takes the longest,, days even,, ha
What did you use to make your hash from?
Which process did you use?
no pics cuz one hash ball looks pretty similar to another,, tho i left some of the hash in the powdery unballed up stage for use in my volcano,,

i done pretty good i think,, ending up with 34.4 grams of sweet swell hash,,
:bravo::woohoo:
Fantastic.
interesting note about the two plants i had,, the sativa and the indica

even tho the indica was three times the size in area,, the sativa was so densely bushed that both plants came reasonably close to the same amount , especially hash volumes,, and pretty kinda close in weed volume too

i wanna fish that river Bill,, you bet,, one day perhaps,,
I'm turning the drying room back into a spare bedroom.
Your welcome anytime. :thumb:
Rainbow and Speckled trout.
Pickerel in the spring and fall.
And Pike.

till then,, be safe,, and don't test a wire by sticking it on your tongue,,
A Christmas Story , yeiks great advice. :rofl:

peace out friend,,
Thanks Buddy take care. :high-five:

Stay safe

I am in awe of your construction skills Bill!

I wish I could build stuff. :Rasta:
Thanks GDB.:thanks:
I appreciate the compliment.
Keeping it air tight is my goal so I'm being very diligent about insulating.
I've designed & built post and beam custom homes.
Very satisfying.
When I was fit and healthy.
Im going pretty slow doing the shed though.:rolleyes:
Slow and steady.
My biggest obstacle is cost.
It's ridiculous here to buy material.
I'm contemplating radiant heat in the floor.
It's efficient but more money, yeiks.:rofl:
Thanks for dropping in my friend. :passitleft:
Hope you are well.
Take care.

Stay safe

Sounds like you're putting some serious coin into your shed. I guess with the cost of heating & energy it should pay off in the long run.
I just got a cheap homebuilt system in my greenhouse, but it's lasted almost 25 yrs & still going

It's heated with an inline recirculating engine block heater & 1/2" black hose. Running through boxes made from insulated garage doors. Works on gravity
Also run a windshield washer pump to pump water through thin black hose in upper part of greenhouse to heat water in 55 gal barrel .

If I rebuilt, I would also put Weeping tile hose in my raised bed & diverter to blow hot air from top of greenhouse into the soil for the spring & fall

Don't run it in winter but does give me a head start to the growing season

What did you use to make your hash from?
Which process did you use?

i used bubble bags,, only the 73 and 25 micron bags,, i did three and four passes thru the mix, and noticed the third pass was near the most productive so i did a fourth as well,, still produced a bit

a bit of a twist,, i did not remove the 25 bag till i was all done the three or four passes with the 73,, all in 5 gal pails, kicking the sides of the bucket while mixing , (saw the kicking in a vid and thot it a useful addition). lots of mixing and allowing to settle in between,, lots of water and ice

and some snow too,, ha

scrape the wet mix out to a fine screen to squeeze the water out a bit,, then crushed thru a sifter/grater thingy onto cardboard,, that breaks it into fine chunks,, which can be left as is or warmed up a bit and rolled or pressed

like i mentioned, the fine chunky stuff goes real nice into my volcano bowl,, mixed with some flower

so interesting to look close thru a scope and see the zillions of tiny balls, all huggin each other,, me missus was fascinated.

What exhaust are you talking about?
from the heater, the exhaust pipe?
Doesn't that have carbon monoxide in it??
Otherwise why are you removing the warm air when it's cold outside?

@InTheShed

the exhaust is from the exhaust fan in the grow room,, i have a six inch fan reduced to four inches and i vent it to the great outdoors,,

doesn't everyone??

i did have it venting directly into the studio before,, which just to be clear also contains my grow room,, my studio is 10x20 and the grow room owns the far 3feet of the room,, 3x10,, half veg room and half flower

pretty small eh? i have a tent in house but will not be using it anymore i dont think

i can get five plants crowded into the flower space, if i am greedy,,

oh,, if i dont vent to the outdoors the room receives zero fresh air and also gets so humid that it is uncomfortable for use,, the windows damp up then freeze,,

it is a working studio,, mostly in the winter when i am home more,, this is the current project

20221107_100943.jpg

that pic could not be more confusing if it tried,,

i might try it venting into the studio again some how tho,, this shack was poorly built and is real hard to heat

shack names,, right,, love playing with words for names of stuff,,

cannabode

pot pit

hemp hut, hemp haven

grow away,, ha, cute

don't get me goin, i tell ya,, ha

ha, oh, i forgot to mention,, my studio does not have a name,, but does have an address, numbers/letters and everything thx to missus,, the house is 3773,, studio is 3773b,, she says cuz i am in here so much,, ha

she kills me,, ha

or at least wants to,,

Back
Top Bottom